Digitally Imported Homepage

Go Back   Digitally Imported Forums > General Discussion > Community Competitions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread Oct 17th, 2006, 11:01 AM   #141 (permalink)
Senior Forum Addict

Send a message via ICQ to Tek-Fox Send a message via AIM to Tek-Fox

Reviews for Bruceway and Pfreak are done, starting up to get two more done today!
Tek-Fox presents Bass Infektion: Destroying the Drum and Bass channel on June 5th @ 1:00EST
DnB so hard that it makes you make it sandwiches.

Auditory Revolution
www.tekfox.net
Tek-Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Oct 17th, 2006, 01:02 PM   #142 (permalink)
DI Extreme Addict

Send a message via MSN to Dogfax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadly Groove
You better download them you dirty slut or I'll come to Washington and lay the smackdown on your ass. I can't wait to hear your reviews bro.
There's no pansy here, just a dose that will make you wish you were born a woman. Seriously though, yeah I was sober but I'll be nice and buzzed when I listen to the mixes. I really liked your mix Dogfax. You threw the oldskool up in there which is perfect. I also listened to Bruceway and Phineas's mixes. So far, so good!!!
Cheers DG.. your always more than generous with you praise.. Yeah I went old school and a bit techno.. just something I wanted to do... had the itch and had to scratch it.. as it were..
AndyG's Vocal Sessions, every 2nd Tuesday, 19:00-21:00 GMT VT Chnnl

DG's Building Block Series, first Wednesday of every month on DI's Oldschool Electronica Chnnl 7PM GMT

The Dogs Elements of Dance for all VT lovers, SSP forum
Dogfax is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Oct 17th, 2006, 01:17 PM   #143 (permalink)
DI Extreme Addict

was listening to your Bass Infection june06 set today TekFox.... the end was soooo dark I thought you may use some of those tunes again... they would ahve been sooo cool.. spec the Quadrant 6 song... one of my faves!! But I guess with DnB you do have a good variety to choose from.

DG's Building Block Series, first Wednesday of every month on DI's Oldschool Electronica Chnnl 7PM GMT

Unread Oct 17th, 2006, 01:58 PM   #144 (permalink)
Cruising at 120BPM

Send a message via AIM to HudsonHawk Send a message via MSN to HudsonHawk

With the exception of track 4 which I dont think fits at all with this theme you've got a pretty interesting mix ciscobiz.
Unread Oct 17th, 2006, 02:14 PM   #145 (permalink)
Senior Forum Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogfax
was listening to your Bass Infection june06 set today TekFox.... the end was soooo dark I thought you may use some of those tunes again... they would ahve been sooo cool.. spec the Quadrant 6 song... one of my faves!! But I guess with DnB you do have a good variety to choose from.
Thought about it, but I wanted to drop a lot of never before heard tracks. 6 of those tracks are unreleased promos and with dnb it is all about having the new sounds.
Tek-Fox presents Bass Infektion: Destroying the Drum and Bass channel on June 5th @ 1:00EST

Auditory Revolution
www.tekfox.net
Unread Oct 17th, 2006, 02:44 PM   #146 (permalink)
DI Extreme Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek-Fox
Thought about it, but I wanted to drop a lot of never before heard tracks. 6 of those tracks are unreleased promos and with dnb it is all about having the new sounds.
agreed... people think DnB is an easy genre to mix with.. Id disagree.... Trying to make it sound unique and diff is the key... I thought about doing a dark DnB set.. but then I saw you turn up and thought hmmmm maybe not!! wasnt going to be compared to the master... would have been foolish.. Maybe another time...I do have a good back catalogue of DnB from when it first started up in the UK, a long time ago.. may do and old school one for my own gratification someday. Guess thats why I did an old school tech mix myself... felt like going back in time a bit.. not sure if it worked though.

Unread Oct 17th, 2006, 10:01 PM   #147 (permalink)
Chillin with Buddah
Forum Moderator

Smile

Tek-Fox, your set is pretty nice man. I noticed that you and a few other DnB DJs like to spin it really fast. That's no surprise to me though since I have heard a bunch of other mixes you did including the psytrance sets you did on your site. Thanks again by the way for sending me that link a few months back. Dogfax, you could've spun the oldskool DnB flavahz man. I took a stab at it, some older and some newer. I never spun DnB before but I did it in my own style and very happy with the way it came out even if only a few others like it.
Unread Oct 18th, 2006, 01:49 AM   #148 (permalink)
DI Extreme Addict

well Im sure ill like it too, when I get round to listening to em... sooo busy at the mo.. only listened to one so far... Mr Bruceways... There is deff an old rocker hidden in you isnt there! lol! good mix though, polished as usual. What did you need more time for? more smaples??

Unread Oct 18th, 2006, 03:12 AM   #149 (permalink)
Floating On Cloud Nine

Send a message via AIM to Bruceway Send a message via MSN to Bruceway Send a message via Yahoo to Bruceway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogfax
well Im sure ill like it too, when I get round to listening to em... sooo busy at the mo.. only listened to one so far... Mr Bruceways... There is deff an old rocker hidden in you isnt there! lol! good mix though, polished as usual. What did you need more time for? more smaples??
Basically YES!! I always like to get the tracks down first, and then I go back and add a bit of individuality in the way of the smaples and sound effects. I got the intro sorted, but not completely finished... I did wnat to add a description of a werewolf and how they change, but couldn't find a decent one. I don't have enough equipment at home to be able to record it myself and make it sound dark and scary.. so had to go without... And yes.. I'm an old rocker at heart. I like the old metal, although I very nearly used a track called "Eyel E SS" from Slipknot as it has a good DnB intro to it, before slipping into real heavy guitar. But the vocals are really too much, and I didn't have time to cut them out, and play with the track.. Oh well enough bitchin.
The more observant amongst you will notice there are almost no samples after 20 mins, as that's as far as I got b4 I ran out of time... Still the last 15 mins is ok I spose....

Last edited by Bruceway : Oct 18th, 2006 at 03:20 AM.
Bruceway is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Oct 18th, 2006, 03:17 AM   #150 (permalink)
Floating On Cloud Nine

Send a message via AIM to Bruceway Send a message via MSN to Bruceway Send a message via Yahoo to Bruceway

I have listened to ALL the mixes, and as always the level of competition is really high. There is a nice mix of old stuff and new, and I never fail to be amazed by how many of you like to have an intro of sorts... I thought it was only me that fussed over that sort of thing!! My sampling habits are also beginning to rub off on some people, as I don't think there is a mix here without at least 1 horror movie smaple.... You guys are the best.... Scores and reviews to follow. But for now a BIG WELL DONE TO YOU ALL
Unread Oct 18th, 2006, 06:47 AM   #151 (permalink)
DI Extreme Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruceway
I have listened to ALL the mixes, and as always the level of competition is really high. There is a nice mix of old stuff and new, and I never fail to be amazed by how many of you like to have an intro of sorts... I thought it was only me that fussed over that sort of thing!! My sampling habits are also beginning to rub off on some people, as I don't think there is a mix here without at least 1 horror movie smaple.... You guys are the best.... Scores and reviews to follow. But for now a BIG WELL DONE TO YOU ALL
no horror smaples in mine...but then its so bad that it doesnt really need them

Unread Oct 18th, 2006, 09:07 AM   #152 (permalink)
Senior Forum Addict

Bruceway, you are the man when it comes to finding samples. Crazy I tells ya. Every sample that was in mine was in the tracks already, so it doesn't quite count. I was pretty stunned when I saw how many of those you packed into your mix.

Auditory Revolution
www.tekfox.net
Unread Oct 18th, 2006, 09:32 AM   #153 (permalink)
Floating On Cloud Nine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek-Fox
Bruceway, you are the man when it comes to finding samples. Crazy I tells ya. Every sample that was in mine was in the tracks already, so it doesn't quite count. I was pretty stunned when I saw how many of those you packed into your mix.
You should have heard the space mix I did for comp 3.. There were over 50 samples in it!!!
Unread Oct 18th, 2006, 09:35 AM   #154 (permalink)
DI Chronic Addict

Quote:
Who's reading the info? no-one reads this shit!.. Actually Phin.. I read it..
and who is Malibu Stacey??? I love the Guinness advert track, and what you have done to it.... REAL DARK baby!!! OOhhh Yeah!! I'm suprised at how much I like this mix..... You Psneaky old wolf...
Yeah I read it too, I use the comment field for the conductor and symphony for all my classical music.

Phineas - F*CK ME!!! OMG what a dark and dirty mix. Blood Angels is awesome I didn't care much for the transition from Manga to Blood Angels, but the rest was very good. I also didn't care much for Breakthrough, but that's a matter of personal taste.

cisco - You totally had me for the first half of the mix, and then totally lost me for the second half.

Last edited by StarkRavinMad : Oct 18th, 2006 at 09:58 AM.
StarkRavinMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Oct 18th, 2006, 09:44 AM   #155 (permalink)
DI Critical Mass

Send a message via MSN to PhineasFreak

that transition out of Manga was the one i alluded to in the original mix comp thread that had caused me stress - i just couldn't get any tunes that worked better so i decided manga must be the prob and played with the EQs. wasn't fully satisfied but it's not the worst mess i've ever made...

i'm glad peeps are enjoying proper techno - it proves there's a market for it round here - we'll all have to support DJ Irish in his efforts to get one up and running.

New Psy-Dub remix!
http://www.ubetoo.com/psytrance/46349
PhineasFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Oct 18th, 2006, 10:17 AM   #156 (permalink)
Shoom
Channel Manager

Quote:
My sampling habits are also beginning to rub off on some people, as I don't think there is a mix here without at least 1 horror movie smaple.... You guys are the best.... Scores and reviews to follow. But for now a BIG WELL DONE TO YOU ALL
Ive been sampling since day one, none of my mixes on the goa channel are without one.
Unread Oct 18th, 2006, 10:40 AM   #157 (permalink)
DI Critical Mass

Send a message via MSN to PhineasFreak

I figured out the other day why i rarely use samples - i so carefully choose tunes i love as they are i feel bad about spoiling them by having the gall to think i could add more.

kinda stupid considering i'm mixing two or three of the buggers together at once usually.

New Psy-Dub remix!
http://www.ubetoo.com/psytrance/46349
PhineasFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Oct 18th, 2006, 11:45 AM   #158 (permalink)
Senior Forum Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by HudsonHawk
With the exception of track 4 which I dont think fits at all with this theme you've got a pretty interesting mix ciscobiz.
Yep, but I was lucky enough to get 37 mins out of what I had. And besides, I like track 4!! It was really all about playing the Orbital tracks and the last 2 and fitting stuff around them. I could have done a better job of the final mix. Sorry if track one went on too long...

Cheers
Sysadmins, don't let the human link in your security chain let your hard work go to waste. And hackers, don't let sysadmins get away with weak links, when it is their chains that are holding your data.
ciscobiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Oct 18th, 2006, 11:49 AM   #159 (permalink)
Senior Forum Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhineasFreak
goddamnit, a sweetass transition like that right at the beginning of a mix and he say's he's goona skip it.
No, no, no, no, no!!

I listened to all of it!!
Sysadmins, don't let the human link in your security chain let your hard work go to waste. And hackers, don't let sysadmins get away with weak links, when it is their chains that are holding your data.
ciscobiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Oct 18th, 2006, 11:56 AM   #160 (permalink)
Spreading the Progspel

Send a message via ICQ to Lil' Rascals Send a message via AIM to Lil' Rascals Send a message via MSN to Lil' Rascals Send a message via Yahoo to Lil' Rascals

Quote:
I have listened to ALL the mixes, and as always the level of competition is really high. There is a nice mix of old stuff and new, and I never fail to be amazed by how many of you like to have an intro of sorts... I thought it was only me that fussed over that sort of thing!
That intro (And outro) was hella fun to record! LOL! I never made smaples before and it was interesting to say the least.

Did happen to notice Bee Dubdaya, that I found the crypt keeper!!!

"When we make music we don't do it in order to reach a certain point, such as the end of the composition. When we play music the playing itself is the point." -Alan Wilson Watts
Lil' Rascals is offline   Reply With Quote