Digitally Imported Homepage

Go Back   Digitally Imported Forums > General Discussion > Community Competitions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread Jul 13th, 2006, 08:46 AM   #121 (permalink)
DI Critical Mass

Send a message via MSN to PhineasFreak

considering the actual warhead on even the biggest missiles is only a few feet in each dimension, those would be damn big bombs!

btw, or what!

New Psy-Dub remix!
http://www.ubetoo.com/psytrance/46349
PhineasFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Jul 13th, 2006, 08:50 AM   #122 (permalink)
Protector of Puppies
Forum Staff

Smile funny dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustwave
yes, but that's a little one, while it's relatively easy to turn your house into a nuke that can be basicly as big as you want it to be.
Oh. so that's what happened on the upper east side of Manhattan on Monday morning (July 10, 9am EST).

Quote:
you'v said that several times to me...maybe you should indeed be scared...
I may have said that once, Dusty Dude....but not several.
Regrettably the size of a man's ego does not transfer into a stellar performance j/k

Now....we have to wait for the team leaders of the competition.
Tinkerbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Jul 13th, 2006, 08:52 AM   #123 (permalink)
Endless Blue
Forum Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhineasFreak
considering the actual warhead on even the biggest missiles is only a few feet in each dimension, those would be damn big bombs!

btw, or what!
lol yes true, but i'm not a rocket scientist, and there's no need to make it small unless you want to move it. And i think you and i could perform one of the plans i'v seen given someone supplies the plutonium and stuff, while i'm not so sure i could build a high tech bomb in a tiny briefcase

23-03-2002 - 06-04-2010 RIP Murcilago
Dustwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Jul 13th, 2006, 08:53 AM   #124 (permalink)
Endless Blue
Forum Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paula

Oh. so that's what happened on the upper east side of Manhattan on Monday morning (July 10, 9am EST).

I may have said that once, Dusty Dude....but not several.
i remember you saying that atleast once before today, i think it might have actually been in the previous competitions thread (before voting thread)

What's going on in Manhatten? Wasn't me

Unread Jul 13th, 2006, 09:10 AM   #125 (permalink)
Cruising at 120BPM

Send a message via AIM to HudsonHawk Send a message via MSN to HudsonHawk

Quote:
What's going on in Manhatten? Wasn't me
http://ny1.com/ny1/content/index.jsp?stid=8&aid=60910
Unread Jul 13th, 2006, 09:12 AM   #126 (permalink)
Protector of Puppies
Forum Staff

Exclamation house exploded

Quote:
Originally Posted by HudsonHawk
Thanks Hawke for the article.
I PMed Dustwave my 2 cents worth.
Tinkerbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Jul 13th, 2006, 09:13 AM   #127 (permalink)
DI Critical Mass

oh. blank

New Psy-Dub remix!
Unread Jul 13th, 2006, 09:29 AM   #128 (permalink)
Floating On Cloud Nine

Send a message via AIM to Bruceway Send a message via MSN to Bruceway Send a message via Yahoo to Bruceway

Ok bringing it back AGAIN > >
Any (Criminal activity) Heist/Robbery/Bomb etc etc..
What about at least 10 tracks.. That would make it more fun for everyone!

Over to the "overlords"
Unread Jul 13th, 2006, 09:31 AM   #129 (permalink)
DI Critical Mass

And we really do want you to play dogfax!

New Psy-Dub remix!
Unread Jul 13th, 2006, 09:40 AM   #130 (permalink)
Floating On Cloud Nine

Send a message via AIM to Bruceway Send a message via MSN to Bruceway Send a message via Yahoo to Bruceway

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhineasFreak
And we really do want you to play dogfax!
Yeah.. I seem to remember you BEATING me last time.. REVENGE will be soooo sswweeeettt
Unread Jul 13th, 2006, 09:42 AM   #131 (permalink)
DI Critical Mass

Quote:
eat me, beat me, push me, pull me, TALK HARD!
oh ho! bruceway starts the stand off...

New Psy-Dub remix!
Unread Jul 13th, 2006, 05:55 PM   #132 (permalink)
DI Extreme Addict

Send a message via AIM to Jeremy Micheal

if you noticed in Mr. Lil' Rascal King's speech it noted about getting the listeners more involved into what was happening in the mix instead plainly voting on tunes they enjoyed. you honestly dont feel that you can be creative enough with interpeting each phase of the theme with different tunes,generes and samples? my mistake thinking that the dj's here would have the skills or creativity, look at the previous comps the average tracklist were 5-7 songs in 40 minutes now your complaining about not being able to have more then 10?. the purpose of the 10 tracks to coincide with the phases was to give the listeners a good reference as to what is happening and wether the dj accomplished it or not. but if you feel that you need more then 10 songs then post time markings for each phase like you did for the mashup. or you can post your themes if you added or took away. Dustwave and Dogfax you guys are like two year olds throwing a temper-tamtrum. i could give two sh*ts about how long transitions are, and to think you wouldnt wanna compete cause you think you cant be creative enough by being limited to 10 tracks is just plain silly. Dogfax you use software anyways, so you do have an unlimited tune selection. personally i think it makes it more of a challenge to be limited by the number of songs. im not taking away your freedom, im making you be more technical, more selective, and more creative with the tools you are given.

on the other hand i like the new order of themes, i meant to change it cause it was kinda out of order before.

COME TO THE DARKSIDE,
WE HAVE COOKIES!!!

Drigh: "we're not paid tech support"

Check out "Lightest Shades of Gray"
in the SSP thread

Last edited by Jeremy Micheal : Jul 13th, 2006 at 06:07 PM.
Jeremy Micheal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Jul 13th, 2006, 06:06 PM   #133 (permalink)
Daydreaming Globetrotter

Talking from a listener~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogfax
2. Only 10 tracks.. ok thats the killer...Im not being funny but there is no way Im gonna have that sort of rule. Whats next.. "you must all transition at 3min, 6mins, 9.30......" Sorry but the whole mixing enjoyment comes from the freedom to express oneself.
It would seem from the post that Im deff in the minority so dont go changing it for my sake. Just that I will sit this one out for the above reasons.
you did well with 10 tracks last time mate (I believe we're counting mashups as one track)...

12 - Doggy
1. FLOWJOB vs ARMIN VAN BUUREN-RUN BABY RUN, NEVER WANTED THIS 0-6.20
2. FLOWJOB vs BJORK-RUN BABY RUN, HUMAN BEHAVIOUR 6.29-7.45
3. FLOWJOB vs MOBY-RUN BABY RUN, BODY ROCK 7.45-8.28
4. A300 vs LASGO-CLOSE TO THE CRASH, CLOUD SURFERS 8.28-13.42
5. ARTCORE vs BREAK OF DAWN-TWEAKY, RHYTHM ON THE LOOSE 13.14-19.30
6. PFN vs DE LA SOUL-PHILTER, KEEPIN' THE FAITH 19.02-23.42
7. PPS PROJECT vs DIGITAL ENEMY-AC vs DC,RUNAWAY 23.25-28.40
8. BREAKAGE vs DURAN DURAN-SO VAIN, COME UNDONE 28.33-31.34
9. RONI SIZE vs ANDAIN-STRICLY SOCIAL (NU: TONE REMIX),BEAUTIFUL THINGS 31.12-35.00
10. DOUGAL-CRACK WHORE

I quite like this Heist idea, its creative, different, unifying, yet will also still allow the personalities of the DJs to shine through!!

ps can someone pls put some hardcore in their mix, it would be a delicious treat for mah ears *yum yum*

music is my 1st love ~ edm 4 life

All aboard travelling into a trancetastic future -d_o & I

Keep the peace flowing, the love growing, the unity going

Let the music take control of your body and your soul
travelyogatrance is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Jul 13th, 2006, 06:15 PM   #134 (permalink)
Endless Blue
Forum Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Micheal
if you noticed in Mr. Lil' Rascal King's speech it noted about getting the listeners more involved into what was happening in the mix instead plainly voting on tunes they enjoyed. you honestly dont feel that you can be creative enough with interpeting each phase of the theme with different tunes,generes and samples? my mistake thinking that the dj's here would have the skills or creativity, look at the previous comps the average tracklist were 5-7 songs in 40 minutes now your complaining about not being able to have more then 10?. the purpose of the 10 tracks to coincide with the phases was to give the listeners a good reference as to what is happening and wether the dj accomplished it or not. but if you feel that you need more then 10 songs then post time markings for each phase like you did for the mashup. or you can post your themes if you added or took away. Dustwave and Dogfax you guys are like two year olds throwing a temper-tamtrum. i could give two sh*ts about how long transitions are, and to think you wouldnt wanna compete cause you think you cant be creative enough by being limited to 10 tracks is just plain silly. Dogfax you use software anyways, so you do have an unlimited tune selection. personally i think it makes it more of a challenge to be limited by the number of songs. im not taking away your freedom, im making you be more technical, more selective, and more creative with the tools you are given.

on the other hand i like the new order of themes, i meant to change it cause it was kinda out of order before.
Honestly, i think that is the lamest thing i have ever heard, and that is while i live and grew up in a country that is famous for it's insane overhead of incredibly stupid rules for every little detail.

That limit doesn't add to creativety. Yes it adds some creativety, but takes away even more. There is nothing more technical about 10 tracks opposed to 15, besides having more time for each transition, and thus making it easier. If you can do it with 15 you sure can with 10. This is about making a creative set and having fun, and rules limit overall creativety and possibilities by definition. And don't compare this to the previous competition, this is too different, you can't compare it.

My idea never was to stick to the 10 phases given, or ten other phases. That is not what i agreed with. I was going to do any (reasonable) number of phases i would feel was right. I don't want to be selective, i want to play just what i want, when i want. But if this is gonna turn out to be a competition guided by more rules than it takes for a small country to function properly then i am out. Not just because of the 10 track rule, but the fact that there are more and more rules, and that this is more and more about the technical skills, which are in my opinion the very least important. This just no fun anymore to me. I hope you guys enjoy.

Last edited by Dustwave : Jul 13th, 2006 at 06:28 PM.
Unread Jul 13th, 2006, 06:19 PM   #135 (permalink)
DI Extreme Addict

did you not notice the other options i put in there? if you want more songs then time stamp them or make up your chapters to be posted for a guide to the listener

if you wish to do a mix of what you want and not be selective make a mix for the ssp thread

COME TO THE DARKSIDE,
WE HAVE COOKIES!!!

in the SSP thread

Last edited by Jeremy Micheal : Jul 13th, 2006 at 06:29 PM.
Unread Jul 13th, 2006, 06:27 PM   #136 (permalink)
DI Extreme Addict

Default UNOFFICIAL RULES

the theme is "Heist"
each dj to perform a mix of no longer then 35 minutes
you must include atleast 10 songs, samples do not count
dj's may exceed the minimum 10 songs at their free will
however each will be dj required to have their chapters posted with their number,
meaning you may add to or modify a chapter or chapters

10 tracks according to:

intro/opening theme
the plan
the crew
thick as thieves
the getaway
it's a raid!
busted
escape
celebration
closing credits

is this more acceptable?

COME TO THE DARKSIDE,
WE HAVE COOKIES!!!

in the SSP thread
Unread Jul 13th, 2006, 06:37 PM   #137 (permalink)
Endless Blue
Forum Staff

Quote:
did you not notice the other options i put in there? if you want more songs then time stamp them or make up your chapters to be posted for a guide to the listener
The timestamp thing is what several people have mentioned before, yet it remained unmentioned in the "unofficial rules" as posted several times. Each time it was stated as "10 tracks, or more if in mashups".

New rules look a lot better.

Unread Jul 13th, 2006, 06:39 PM   #138 (permalink)
DI Extreme Addict

Quote:
The timestamp thing is what several people have mentioned before, yet it remained unmentioned in the "unofficial rules" as posted several times. Each time it was stated as "10 tracks, or more if in mashups".

New rules look a lot better.
so i didnt notice time stamps only saw people talking about minimum track lengths..

so this is alittle more agreeable to you guys then? if you have opinions dont go off just pm me or something. we're supposed be a big fam

COME TO THE DARKSIDE,
WE HAVE COOKIES!!!

in the SSP thread
Unread Jul 13th, 2006, 06:41 PM   #139 (permalink)
Endless Blue
Forum Staff

Quote:
so i didnt notice time stamps only saw people talking about minimum track lengths..

so this is alittle more agreeable to you guys then? if you have opinions dont go off just pm me or something. we're supposed be a big fam
looks good now

and btw...i'm literally LOLing now...i came accross the most rediculous and funny movie sample that would actually perfectly fit the theme...

Unread Jul 14th, 2006, 02:12 AM   #140 (permalink)
DI Extreme Addict

Send a message via MSN to Dogfax

Quote:

Ok.. two points.. Describing me as a two year old having a temper tantrum is a bit harsh.. I thought I just put my opion across in a reasonable way. But unfortunately it has now got a little nasty. shame. I wont respond.

Secondly, "Dogfax you use software anyways, so you do have an unlimited tune selection", if only I were into illegally copying music I would have. Unfortunately I have a few morals about me and pay for all my music..Sad I know, but that the way it is. So yes I could find loads of cool tracks, but my point was I would have to go and buy them individually. That wasnt too bigger problem, I was just saying I prefered an open theme.

Looks like Ive upset you JM.. Sorry for that..My intention was only to put my points across. Sorry you took it otherwise.
AndyG's Vocal Sessions, every 2nd Tuesday, 19:00-21:00 GMT VT Chnnl

DG's Building Block Series, first Wednesday of every month on DI's Oldschool Electronica Chnnl 7PM GMT

The Dogs Elements of Dance for all VT lovers, SSP forum
Dogfax is offline   Reply With Quote