Digitally Imported Homepage

Go Back   Digitally Imported Forums > General Discussion > Community Competitions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread Apr 16th, 2006, 04:00 PM   #561 (permalink)
DI Extreme Addict
 
Dogfax's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: under Paula's protection.
Posts: 2,634
Send a message via MSN to Dogfax
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeLLeN
My mix is in there.

I'm not expecting any votes, but I just hope some ppl recognize and appreciate the amount of work thats actually gone into my mix. I've actually been working on mine for quite awhile now.
I guess no one has any right to the votes! This a true democracy after all (prob the last one left in the world!). But although Im quite new to this thang the depth and variety of knowledge on here is amazing.... so I reckon that we will be able to detect true craftmanship and artistry. Im a long way off that at the mo, but Im only starting out.. Hoping to learn from some more experianced bods on here. I guess its like the history of this DI channel.. big trees grow from small acorns huh? lol!

Im gonna vote for a mix thats completely outside my fav genre, if it catches me. The way I look at it is if a mix can draw me to a new genre then it has to be dam fine, and surely that is the whole point of this?? oh and the having loads of fun as well.. play on!
__________________
AndyG's Vocal Sessions, every 2nd Tuesday, 19:00-21:00 GMT VT Chnnl

DG's Building Block Series, first Wednesday of every month on DI's Oldschool Electronica Chnnl 7PM GMT

The Dogs Elements of Dance for all VT lovers, SSP forum
Dogfax is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Apr 16th, 2006, 04:59 PM   #562 (permalink)
DI Extreme Addict
 
fugue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,052
Default

Well I see 11 mixes uploaded as of right now. Can't wait to hear 'em all! This competition's already been a lot of fun, thanks a lot to everyone who had a hand in making it happen. Good luck to all the competitors
__________________
If I can't dance you can keep your revolution!
fugue is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Apr 16th, 2006, 05:29 PM   #563 (permalink)
Cruising at 120BPM
 
HudsonHawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: New York
Posts: 10,450
Send a message via AIM to HudsonHawk Send a message via MSN to HudsonHawk
Default

uploading mine as I type... mmmm technology.
__________________
Fancy a ride on my Choo Choo Train?
http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=5795CE27FA841CD7
HudsonHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Apr 16th, 2006, 06:00 PM   #564 (permalink)
Spreading the Progspel
 
Lil' Rascals's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: USA
Posts: 5,952
Send a message via ICQ to Lil' Rascals Send a message via AIM to Lil' Rascals Send a message via MSN to Lil' Rascals Send a message via Yahoo to Lil' Rascals
Default

Something was brought to my attention regarding the public voting.

The concern was this:

Let say for instance djGT (I love picking on that poor guy) votes for a particular set and someone doesn't want to listen to all of the sets, but instead goes with the Big Name voter to 'simplify' their voting process. It could also work in the opposite direction as well.

This was a concern voiced to me today by one of the contestants. I can see how this might negatively affect the voting process and told said contestant I would post thier concern.

What do the rest of you guys and gal think?
__________________
*e-passer* of www.TheHookahClan.com/

"When we make music we don't do it in order to reach a certain point, such as the end of the composition. When we play music the playing itself is the point." -Alan Wilson Watts
Lil' Rascals is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Apr 16th, 2006, 06:02 PM   #565 (permalink)
DI Chronic Addict
 
JMax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: it doesnt matter
Posts: 16,019
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil' Rascals
Something was brought to my attention regarding the public voting.

The concern was this:

Let say for instance djGT (I love picking on that poor guy) votes for a particular set and someone doesn't want to listen to all of the sets, but instead goes with the Big Name voter to 'simplify' their voting process. It could also work in the opposite direction as well.

This was a concern voiced to me today by one of the contestants. I can see how this might negatively affect the voting process and told said contestant I would post thier concern.

What do the rest of you guys and gal think?
is there a way to make a poll public after sometime?

i mean it starts being secret but when it finnally ends it becomes public
__________________
sleep is still for the weak

EMFAS
JMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Apr 16th, 2006, 06:09 PM   #566 (permalink)
DI Extreme Addict
 
DJ_Serg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: USA
Posts: 4,644
Default

^^ that's inevitable and i don't think there is anyway around it. It'd be a little hard for some to listen to all 20+ sets we could potentially get, unless it's someone who's very dedicated to the voting process
also, are we going to have reviews for every mix?
DJ_Serg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Apr 16th, 2006, 06:13 PM   #567 (permalink)
Spreading the Progspel
 
Lil' Rascals's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: USA
Posts: 5,952
Send a message via ICQ to Lil' Rascals Send a message via AIM to Lil' Rascals Send a message via MSN to Lil' Rascals Send a message via Yahoo to Lil' Rascals
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_Serg
^^ that's inevitable and i don't think there is anyway around it. It'd be a little hard for some to listen to all 20+ sets we could potentially get, unless it's someone who's very dedicated to the voting process
also, are we going to have reviews for every mix?
I'm not going to post in depth reviews for all (hopefully) ten hours of audio. I'll just do like last time. "I liked this set becuase....." type of thing. But if you feel like dropping reviews for them, please feel free to. We all like feedback.
__________________
*e-passer* of www.TheHookahClan.com/

"When we make music we don't do it in order to reach a certain point, such as the end of the composition. When we play music the playing itself is the point." -Alan Wilson Watts
Lil' Rascals is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Apr 16th, 2006, 10:01 PM   #568 (permalink)
DI Extreme Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 1,514
Default

Lil'Rascals, check your PM's.
THE TRUTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Apr 16th, 2006, 10:08 PM   #569 (permalink)
DI Extreme Addict
 
Jeremy Micheal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Astral Plain
Posts: 3,055
Send a message via AIM to Jeremy Micheal
Default

alright 11pm est. finally got my mix load.wwhhheeeeewww!!!! Had alot fun putting it together especially with working 60 plus hours a week and then totally changing it yesterday. lol. wish my new headphones came in time, was alittle tricky with the distortion and the left cup cutting out but hey what are ya goin to do. still had fun, hope everyone else did too. I noticed only two people still have to upload and one person has the smallest file unless they uploaded their tracklist first looks like we're gonna have about 10 hours of listening to do. cant wait to read the reviews on everyone. good luck to everybody, guys and gal
__________________
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

COME TO THE DARKSIDE,
WE HAVE COOKIES!!!

Drigh: "we're not paid tech support"

Check out "Lightest Shades of Gray"
in the SSP thread
Jeremy Micheal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Apr 16th, 2006, 10:13 PM   #570 (permalink)
Cruising at 120BPM
 
HudsonHawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: New York
Posts: 10,450
Send a message via AIM to HudsonHawk Send a message via MSN to HudsonHawk
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Micheal
alright 11pm est. finally got my mix load.wwhhheeeeewww!!!! Had alot fun putting it together especially with working 60 plus hours a week and then totally changing it yesterday. lol. wish my new headphones came in time, was alittle tricky with the distortion and the left cup cutting out but hey what are ya goin to do. still had fun, hope everyone else did too. I noticed only two people still have to upload and one person has the smallest file unless they uploaded their tracklist first looks like we're gonna have about 10 hours of listening to do. cant wait to read the reviews on everyone. good luck to everybody, guys and gal
I broke my technics headphones while working on the mix yesterday.
__________________
Fancy a ride on my Choo Choo Train?
http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=5795CE27FA841CD7
HudsonHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Apr 16th, 2006, 10:15 PM   #571 (permalink)
DI Extreme Addict
 
Jeremy Micheal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Astral Plain
Posts: 3,055
Send a message via AIM to Jeremy Micheal
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HudsonHawk
I broke my technics headphones while working on the mix yesterday.
The Dh1200's ? Those are the one's I ordered.
__________________
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

COME TO THE DARKSIDE,
WE HAVE COOKIES!!!

Drigh: "we're not paid tech support"

Check out "Lightest Shades of Gray"
in the SSP thread
Jeremy Micheal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Apr 16th, 2006, 10:19 PM   #572 (permalink)
Spreading the Progspel
 
Lil' Rascals's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: USA
Posts: 5,952
Send a message via ICQ to Lil' Rascals Send a message via AIM to Lil' Rascals Send a message via MSN to Lil' Rascals Send a message via Yahoo to Lil' Rascals
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HudsonHawk
I broke my technics headphones while working on the mix yesterday.
Damn what did you do? Throw them?
__________________
*e-passer* of www.TheHookahClan.com/

"When we make music we don't do it in order to reach a certain point, such as the end of the composition. When we play music the playing itself is the point." -Alan Wilson Watts
Lil' Rascals is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Apr 16th, 2006, 10:25 PM   #573 (permalink)
Cruising at 120BPM
 
HudsonHawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: New York
Posts: 10,450
Send a message via AIM to HudsonHawk Send a message via MSN to HudsonHawk
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil' Rascals
Damn what did you do? Throw them?
yeah Dh1200's... after cueing the track i droped them to my neck... I then turned left to get my bottle of beer but the thing that connects left ear cup to the thing that goes around your head snaped... Still works fine i just had to tape my left ear cup to the rest of the headphones with Scotch Tape
__________________
Fancy a ride on my Choo Choo Train?
http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=5795CE27FA841CD7
HudsonHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Apr 16th, 2006, 10:34 PM   #574 (permalink)
DI Extreme Addict
 
Jeremy Micheal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Astral Plain
Posts: 3,055
Send a message via AIM to Jeremy Micheal
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HudsonHawk
yeah Dh1200's... after cueing the track i droped them to my neck... I then turned left to get my bottle of beer but the thing that connects left ear cup to the thing that goes around your head snaped... Still works fine i just had to tape my left ear cup to the rest of the headphones with Scotch Tape
thats weird i thought they were supposed to be pretty durable? i had my sonys for 5 years never broke until recently they became extremely distorted and the left ear cup would just cut out.
__________________
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

COME TO THE DARKSIDE,
WE HAVE COOKIES!!!

Drigh: "we're not paid tech support"

Check out "Lightest Shades of Gray"
in the SSP thread
Jeremy Micheal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Apr 16th, 2006, 10:41 PM   #575 (permalink)
DI Extreme Addict
 
excercyst's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Seattle
Posts: 1,387
Default

So everybody actually managed to submit a mix?
Wow, that must be a new record.

Good luck everyone.
excercyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Apr 16th, 2006, 11:04 PM   #576 (permalink)
DI Chronic Addict
 
DI Revolution's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 13,102
Send a message via MSN to DI Revolution
Default

well, I think the deadline is supposed to be right now.

Hopefully everyone likes Beethoven with Happy Hardcore
DI Revolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Apr 16th, 2006, 11:07 PM   #577 (permalink)
DI Extreme Addict
 
Jeremy Micheal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Astral Plain
Posts: 3,055
Send a message via AIM to Jeremy Micheal
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by excercyst
So everybody actually managed to submit a mix?
Wow, that must be a new record.

Good luck everyone.
just checked the box there are 18 mixes in. except one really small one
__________________
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

COME TO THE DARKSIDE,
WE HAVE COOKIES!!!

Drigh: "we're not paid tech support"

Check out "Lightest Shades of Gray"
in the SSP thread
Jeremy Micheal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Apr 16th, 2006, 11:07 PM   #578 (permalink)
Spreading the Progspel
 
Lil' Rascals's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: USA
Posts: 5,952
Send a message via ICQ to Lil' Rascals Send a message via AIM to Lil' Rascals Send a message via MSN to Lil' Rascals Send a message via Yahoo to Lil' Rascals
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DI Revolution
well, I think the deadline is supposed to be right now.

Hopefully everyone likes Beethoven with Happy Hardcore
What?!?!?!? I was looking forward to funk nasty RJ style bro...
__________________
*e-passer* of www.TheHookahClan.com/

"When we make music we don't do it in order to reach a certain point, such as the end of the composition. When we play music the playing itself is the point." -Alan Wilson Watts
Lil' Rascals is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Apr 16th, 2006, 11:09 PM   #579 (permalink)
DI Extreme Addict
 
Jeremy Micheal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Astral Plain
Posts: 3,055
Send a message via AIM to Jeremy Micheal
Default

so what now? start a new thread with everyone's mixes? when do we get to here them?
__________________
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

COME TO THE DARKSIDE,
WE HAVE COOKIES!!!

Drigh: "we're not paid tech support"

Check out "Lightest Shades of Gray"
in the SSP thread
Jeremy Micheal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Apr 16th, 2006, 11:13 PM   #580 (permalink)
Cruising at 120BPM
 
HudsonHawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: New York
Posts: 10,450
Send a message via AIM to HudsonHawk Send a message via MSN to HudsonHawk
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Micheal
thats weird i thought they were supposed to be pretty durable? i had my sonys for 5 years never broke until recently they became extremely distorted and the left ear cup would just cut out.
What can I say...I have a large head.. 18 mixes you say... thats 10 hours worth of music...
__________________
Fancy a ride on my Choo Choo Train?
http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=5795CE27FA841CD7
HudsonHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:32 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.2.0
Copyright © 2010 Digitally Imported, Inc.