Digitally Imported Homepage

Go Back   Digitally Imported Forums > Daily Life > Other Passions > Computers & Information Technology
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread Jan 23rd, 2007, 10:25 AM   #1 (permalink)
Junior Addict

Default MobileToPC - remote desktop connection from mobile phone to your pc

MobileToPC - a nice application which connects from your mobile phone to your pc when wanting a remote desktop connection from your mobile to your pc. Nice app. What do you think about it? ( you may download it from www.mobiletopc.net )
bstefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Jan 23rd, 2007, 10:40 AM   #2 (permalink)
Junior Addict

I know how useful remote desktop can be. i use it everyday at school when i forgot my files or something at home, but iam not sure how useful this would be on a phone. maybe i just haven`t used remote desktop to its full potential. Still its a very nice app.
zargath is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Jan 26th, 2007, 02:22 PM   #3 (permalink)
Addict in Training

I have it and I'm satisfied with it. It's nice cause it also runs across networks and it supports a widely range of phones. I use it on my work, and when I want to be cool among my friends

I don't know if this tool may be a daily use for others but... it's nice staying on top of the mountain and connecting to your pc wherever that is. It's like your computer is now streched into your mobile phone.

Anyway nice app.
xerces is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Jan 29th, 2007, 01:20 AM   #4 (permalink)
Senior Forum Addict

It may be a useful tool for a limited range of applications. I can't see how you could do much with your computer through your phone. I VNC to my computer from my Palm Pilot and you can't do much with that. It can be fun sometimes though and lets me control music from my bed but it doesn't really allow much usability due to speed and size of screen.

"A lot can be said by a 3xosc with a dissonant melody and the right insert effect." -DeadMau5
sidran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Jan 29th, 2007, 03:10 PM   #5 (permalink)
DI Extreme Addict

I've got something like that, cant get it to work but I will do some day
JimProdz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Feb 1st, 2007, 01:54 PM   #6 (permalink)
Junior Addict

sidran: well... i kind of agree with u... but this one has zoom, it has mouse actions, it has unicode characters which may be sent accross network. Well... it;s not comfy like a real desktop... but... you need it when you're away from a computer anyway
bstefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Feb 1st, 2007, 02:08 PM   #7 (permalink)
Senior Forum Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bstefan
sidran: well... i kind of agree with u... but this one has zoom, it has mouse actions, it has unicode characters which may be sent accross network. Well... it;s not comfy like a real desktop... but... you need it when you're away from a computer anyway
I know. VNC for the Palm can too, but the screen on a cell phone probably won't get much bigger than the screen on a Palm Pilot. All I'm saying is though it can do these things, it will only be useful for certain incidental situations. It would be difficult to try to type up a document through your phone not only because of the display size but also the lag from sending/receiving the data over a network.

So like I said, it may be useful for some specific situations but not for regular, extended usage.

"A lot can be said by a 3xosc with a dissonant melody and the right insert effect." -DeadMau5
sidran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Feb 17th, 2007, 03:28 PM   #8 (permalink)
Addict in Training

It's a nice-to-have app.
spinnindj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Sep 9th, 2011, 07:06 AM   #9 (permalink)
Addict in Training

Default Remote Access Software

The moment your computer system has been tweaked for remote access, you'll be able to sit in front of a personal computer anywhere across the country and employ the web to operate on your pc - not surprisingly, the primary downside will be the postponement in the response out of your personal computer which would be a function with the mileage separating you along with your laptop or computer and also the network velocity. Downsides aside, the flexibility offered by Remote Control Software is huge and reduces the have to synchronize files on two various computers.
The stage of access offered by remote access is dependent upon the operating systems utilized on the client machine and also the remote computer. When you're utilizing Windows XP on either, the activity is made easy as Windows XP includes inbuilt help for remote access. You are able to log in for the remote machine working with exactly the same credentials you would use while sitting in front of it. Remote Access Software is also safeguarded.
Together with the remote desktop enabled, you can run programs on the remote, change, keep and transmit files amongst the two systems. Take note that file transfer may very well be sluggish. It is possible to print out documents from the remote computer on the printer connected to the computer in which you are operating and also listen to audio played on the remote computer system. This really is the function carried out by Remote Access Software- it facilitates you to use a computer system to link to one more personal computer on the internet for file access and for acquiring information even when the computer systems are separated by several miles.
Georgeadison is offline   Reply With Quote