Digitally Imported Homepage

Go Back   Digitally Imported Forums > DI Live Playlist Comments > Electro House Channel
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread Nov 1st, 2011, 09:53 PM   #81 (permalink)
Electro Channel Director
Channel Manager

I am excited to announce that Revolvr has joined us!! His show will air the first monday of every month 2pm EST, so mark your calendars!!
cori is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Nov 4th, 2011, 02:25 PM   #82 (permalink)
Senior Forum Addict

Happy friday people !

I'm just passing by but wanted to say hi
Risan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Dec 14th, 2011, 03:39 AM   #83 (permalink)
Addict in Training

To the awesome, good looking, agoodmusictaste-having people, what are your favourite youtube channels that post Mixes, compilations or just single tracks? I think Youtube is the best way to find new songs in that genre since very often they're not very famous, but I don't really know too many channels yet. Mine are Electro Bootleg Music and UKF Drum & Bass.
Ansel98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Dec 27th, 2011, 01:54 PM   #84 (permalink)
Senior Forum Addict

Send a message via MSN to pir8dancer81

What is with the music selection? I understand the variety gained by having guest dj's on some of the regularly scheduled shows, but this morning the genre is seriously off! I would hope that DI requests that any guest dj mix on one of the regularly scheduled shows conforms to something resembling the channel name. I'm sure someone will just tell me to change the channel, which I have done due to this mismatch, but I truly appreciate DI so much, I thought I would provide some legitimate feedback.

The music I have been listening to all morning is so off base with what I expect from the electro house channel (which I listen to religiously while at work) it is forcing me to change the channel to find something more suitable in electro house genre... If I wanted to hear progressive, trancey, or techy house, I would chune into that channel.
pir8dancer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Dec 27th, 2011, 02:12 PM   #85 (permalink)
Tech House

Send a message via AIM to Mike Louth Send a message via MSN to Mike Louth Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Louth

Do you have any examples?

"A forum post should be like a skirt; long enough to cover the subject but short enough to keep things interesting."
Mike Louth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Dec 27th, 2011, 03:36 PM   #86 (permalink)
Senior Forum Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Louth View Post
Do you have any examples?
Yes. Both these sets (guest sets on much appreciated and respected regular shows on the EH channel):

The Penned Madness Sessions 26 (27 December 2011) feat. Designer Drugs
ANNA KISS - LIP LOCKED 216 (DEC 27 2011) - GUEST MIX - LEE H

While I appreciate wide varieties of music, when tuned into the EH channel I expect more EH! They were both very progressive and techy, with little to no EH in either of them. The DD set on PMS had some rap songs that more than one person didn't appreciate. If you notice on the Designer Drugs comments, someone else also posted that there were some songs that just didn't fit. Normally, I would just listen and carry on, but for multiple sets in a row to just completely miss the EH mark, I thought I would try to give some honest feedback.

EDIT: Someone else just chimed in about the techy-ness of ANNA KISS today as well as some other concerns regarding the music aboard the EH channel. Just don't want to see something I really enjoy fall from grace.

Last edited by pir8dancer81 : Dec 27th, 2011 at 03:45 PM.
Unread Dec 27th, 2011, 04:17 PM   #87 (permalink)
Addict in Training

Just fyi to the upper management, it was myself that commented on Anna's show....The only reason I have come here also is not to be mis-quoted in anyway. I feel the general music choice of the channel to be better than it has been in a long time, some really great tunes in the playlist at the moment and the main reason I listen. I myself did not listen to the Designer Drugs show, I hear it was a little off the EH beat, but, tbh, you think of Designer Drugs you don't think rap music, so I was surprised their show wasn't pretty frecking awesome.
Anyway, the reason I commented on Anna's show was well, its there to be read.

I personally think the electro channel has, as a whole, come on massively in recent times. DJs like The Slag, Revolvr, santiago & Bushido, Sharooz joining up, and I hear Hot Pink Delorean are on the way too (frecking awesome coup btw) I think all in all paints a pretty bright future for the EH channel. Just some of the old guard that needs to pull their finger out a bit.
Jaxson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Jan 16th, 2012, 01:44 PM   #88 (permalink)
DI Extreme Addict

What happened to the Calendar entries for this channel?
Procrastination is the thief of time. - Edward Young (1683-1765)
RB Tech is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Jan 17th, 2012, 04:06 AM   #89 (permalink)
DI Extreme Addict

Send a message via MSN to J!SH! Send a message via Skype™ to J!SH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
Just some of the old guard that needs to pull their finger out a bit.
i hear you mate!

i keep finding myself tuning out from the channel now because of the non-electro DJ sets we are getting.
but some are also playing songs that are beyond bad!
mostly top 40 songs. i come here to get away from them, to listen to Lazy Rich, Parov Stelar, Hirshee. not rhianna and jay-z

if you want to track me down outside of DI search jishua9
J!SH! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Jan 26th, 2012, 07:16 PM   #90 (permalink)
Junior Addict

Hey all, Excited to announce that we will be hosting a new show soon to come, every 2nd Wednesday of the month right before "Monolythe's show".

The show will be called:
FLATLAND FUNK Presents: The Boodang Essential Sessions

Each week we will feature some really fresh electro tracks, new and unreleased, as well we are aimed to feature some of our new upcoming originals & remixes + some really exciting guest mixes.

Our first guest show will feature a very exclusive mix from " DJ EXODUS"!!

Stay tuned for our first show, would really love to see everyone in the chat room and provide us with feedback. We are very happy to apart of this channel and cannot wait to show you what we got in store.

See you in a few weeks!

*in the meantime you can check out our productions on our soundcloud:
Cannot post links apparently so please just search "Flatland Funk" in soundcloud
Flatland Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Feb 23rd, 2012, 03:44 PM   #91 (permalink)
Addict in Training

Default Mix Submissions

I am just curious. How does one (as a DJ) submit mixes for this station?

Thanks!
jeanmarclavoie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Sep 11th, 2012, 04:37 PM   #92 (permalink)
Senior Forum Addict

Peepshow feat atom pushers 8/22

Once again, no disrespect towards the music or Dj's, but this is the electro house channel. Not dnb, not dubtstep. I love a bit of variety but after 3-4-5 songs in a row that are just hard dubstep, I find myself tuning this station out more and more due to the lack of subscription to the genre. If I wanted to listen to some rappy/dubstep/dnb I would tune into those channels. I'm not even sure how to classify some of the stuff I'm hearing but it certainly isn't electro house. Just wanted to give some feedback that will hopefully get some attention to play the dj mixes in the correct channels.
Unread Oct 5th, 2012, 01:04 PM   #93 (permalink)
Senior Forum Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by J!SH! View Post
i hear you mate!

i keep finding myself tuning out from the channel now because of the non-electro DJ sets we are getting.
but some are also playing songs that are beyond bad!
mostly top 40 songs. i come here to get away from them, to listen to Lazy Rich, Parov Stelar, Hirshee. not rhianna and jay-z
I've noticed this more and more with the guest DJ mixes that are played on some of the regular shows. Very heavy dubstep/dnb etc. I've made noise here a couple times about this but it seems to echo off into eternity...
Unread Oct 7th, 2012, 02:34 AM   #94 (permalink)
Electro Channel Director
Channel Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by pir8dancer81 View Post
I've noticed this more and more with the guest DJ mixes that are played on some of the regular shows. Very heavy dubstep/dnb etc. I've made noise here a couple times about this but it seems to echo off into eternity...
They do not fall off into eternity, Pir8, but conversely, the number of positive feedback we receive for shows far outnumbers the small number of people unhappy. I do listen to most, if not almost all shows on the channel. Electro has evolved into many forms over the last couple years, and some of it does follow closely with dub. We do try to represent all sides of the genre on the channel.
Unread Nov 16th, 2012, 08:03 AM   #95 (permalink)
Regular Forum Addict

Send a message via Skype™ to maels2rom
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flatland Funk View Post
Hey all, Excited to announce that we will be hosting a new show soon to come, every 2nd Wednesday of the month right before "Monolythe's show".

The show will be called:
FLATLAND FUNK Presents: The Boodang Essential Sessions
Hey, couldn't find a poll or thread for today's show, but I wanted to come and say that it absolutely kicks ass! Thanks for the awesome tunes!
maels2rom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Dec 19th, 2012, 01:50 PM   #96 (permalink)
Electro Channel Director
Channel Manager

it might have been a replay then, Maels. Their new episodes air every 2nd Wednesday of the month!

Sorry for the late response..my main computer died..so it has taken me extra long to get everything situated again, on my laptop with Xmas and work!

Thanks for the support!
Unread May 30th, 2013, 07:13 PM   #97 (permalink)
Senior Forum Addict

Jan Waterman - No Mercy! 013 episode is majority dubstep. Why is this in the electro house channel. Why is this a constant problem with DI? If it's dubstep, put it in the right channel. I'm all for mixing it up. But again, if I want to hear dubstep, I'll go to the dubstep channels. I shouldn't be forced away by bad channel management....
Unread Jun 4th, 2013, 09:05 AM   #98 (permalink)
Junior Addict

Default Uhm, that ain't right...

Another one calling electro house with rapidly changing basslines and wobbles dubstep.... There were four dubstep songs in the last ten minutes of the show, the rest was electro house, complextro and glitch hop/moombahcore. I like to mix up things a bit and I believe a lot people welcome that, but it's really not all dubstep
janwaterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Jun 6th, 2013, 12:12 PM   #99 (permalink)
Junior Addict

Yes, most of us love the ever-changing nature of electro house, Jan. I wouldn't have considered any of that straight dubstep, but then dubstep quickly influenced the rest of the electro world, so I could see why some people would lump the genres together.
Lev_Astov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Jul 9th, 2013, 05:54 PM   #100 (permalink)
DI Critical Mass

I am maybe out of date and out of style with this, but... any chance to get Sander van Doorn's show "Identity" aired on this channel??
Mardouk is offline   Reply With Quote