Digitally Imported Homepage

Go Back   Digitally Imported Forums > General Discussion > Everything Audio
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread Nov 28th, 2008, 12:38 AM   #1 (permalink)
Qualified Forum Addict

Default Active speakers, headphones and CD cases are needed!!!

Oye mates. I'm created this thread for 3 reason. Opinions on some active speakers, CD cases and how to sort them and DJ headphones.

1 - I need some speakers that will enable me to experience some good sound quality. I'd prefer some active ones(built in amp). I've done my part of the research and have found most impressed mostly by the KRK ROKIT 6". They are 149$ each. So for a pair, it would be 298$. So far that fits my budget. Also i am a student, so don't suggest me some expensive equipments.

2 - Since i am starting out, i don't want expensive headphones like the Pioneer 1000s that can come up to 200$. I don't mind spending something in rounds of the 100s, but none the less, i am looking for quality. I've had my eyes on a pioneer 5000, but if you guys know any other brand that can compete with the quality, shoot em up here.

3 - I currently own 2 CDJ 800s. I am not going to waste another few hundreds getting my self some Seratos, so i have a few questions. I like all music lovers has over thousands of musics. The problem is, how can i get all those songs into the CDs without wasting CDs. I can either put one track per CD, original and remixs per CD and artist per CD. Reason why i'm asking this is because i have a few friends suggesting me to put one track per CD. This will cause much trouble since i will have to buy a rack for my CDs, since they will overpopulate my small little space i have left.
(I've already check up on some CD cases like UDG and Slappa, but i am concern since i am not in the mood of spending hundreds of dollars for cases.)

Reply andi shall study diligently you're opinions and review on certain matters that concern the set i require.
Unread Nov 28th, 2008, 03:07 AM   #2 (permalink)
Regular Forum Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoxZyck View Post
3 - I currently own 2 CDJ 800s. I am not going to waste another few hundreds getting my self some Seratos, so i have a few questions. I like all music lovers has over thousands of musics. The problem is, how can i get all those songs into the CDs without wasting CDs. I can either put one track per CD, original and remixs per CD and artist per CD. Reason why i'm asking this is because i have a few friends suggesting me to put one track per CD. This will cause much trouble since i will have to buy a rack for my CDs, since they will overpopulate my small little space i have left.
(I've already check up on some CD cases like UDG and Slappa, but i am concern since i am not in the mood of spending hundreds of dollars for cases.)

Reply andi shall study diligently you're opinions and review on certain matters that concern the set i require.
Me thinks that a used laptop would be better solution then lugging a truck load of cds. Also, in the same venue, one of those netbooks (eepc, acer one) with SD card reader might do the trick too. They are making some nice 8 GB SD cards now.
Unread Nov 28th, 2008, 03:29 PM   #3 (permalink)
Qualified Forum Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ij70_17as View Post
Me thinks that a used laptop would be better solution then lugging a truck load of cds. Also, in the same venue, one of those netbooks (eepc, acer one) with SD card reader might do the trick too. They are making some nice 8 GB SD cards now.
Well the thing, i want to have a collection of CDs. How do you suggest i sort my tracks into my CDs.
Unread Nov 28th, 2008, 10:52 PM   #4 (permalink)
Regular Forum Addict

Quote:
Well the thing, i want to have a collection of CDs. How do you suggest i sort my tracks into my CDs.
I do not see how you going to do that and store it in any sort of small space. You could replace cd with SD cards and do which ever sorting system you like, at least it will take very little space compared to cds.
Unread Nov 30th, 2008, 12:44 AM   #5 (permalink)
Qualified Forum Addict

Anyone else would like to comment?

It would be really appreciated.
Unread Jun 25th, 2009, 10:32 PM   #6 (permalink)
Addict in Training

Default My opinio

I think for the headphones you should get sony mdr 700 on ebay for about 40 bucks.. but go to the "buy it now" section... and for cds load about 7 to 8 tracks per cd... and label them with a sharpie... If you want to mix 2 of the same tracks on 1 cd just make doubles instead of wasting so many cds... And in you way if you want 300 tracks = 300 cds and itll take like 5 minutes to find 1 song...

Thats what I think you should do cause imma student to :
PortugalFan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Aug 15th, 2009, 11:25 AM   #7 (permalink)
Senior Forum Addict

Quote:
Oye mates. I'm created this thread for 3 reason. Opinions on some active speakers, CD cases and how to sort them and DJ headphones.

You don't need to have the artists together, Just make sections of different styles (Pop R&b Dance House Trance etc) and highlight the good songs, thats all... if ye do it your way it will get too complicated after awhile.
TranceBoy 2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Aug 16th, 2009, 06:34 AM   #8 (permalink)
tub
Junior Addict

speakers - KRK rokits are generally considered good value at that price range for the 5 or 6" models. Maybe 8" behinger truths if you wanyt alittle more volume though you might have to go second hand at that price. try testing in a strore if you can and let your ears decide what's best for ypou (and your budget)

can't tell you abou headphones, I've had the same pair of pioneer sedj5000's for 8 years, never felt the need to update them. I actually bought two pairs at the time so have another un-used pair when these ones die.

cd's. I burn 2-4 tracks per cd, so I can read the track names in a dark club. Some folks burn as many as can fit on a cd, burn 2 copies, and print out the track list. I think I will go that way if I ever decide to re-classify things. I have a 320 cd wallet, at 3-4 tracks per cd it's still a lot of music. Wasnt an expesive wallet either, not a brand name one. Got it from one of those variety stores and it does the job just fine
tub is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Aug 20th, 2009, 01:43 AM   #9 (permalink)
Junior Addict

I use Genelec - they're powered near field monitors, I like them A LOT. Not cheap though, but I used them for audio creation via Logic Studio and Final Cut Studio also. But di fm sounds amazing thru them.

Rob
robains is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Aug 27th, 2009, 10:48 AM   #10 (permalink)
Regular Forum Addict

Send a message via AIM to Bacon Send a message via Yahoo to Bacon

One user recommended the MDR-v700 and I must disagree whole heartily. The 700s are a great buy, but they leave alot out and the separation between mid/lows/highs are good, but not excellent. The headphones I'd recommend are the MDR-v6 headphones. They are completely flat in terms of sound response (thats good, you don't want headphones that emphasize bass/mids/highs) and generate exactly the sound that is being pushed out. The separation between frequencies are clear and crisp and I have NEVER...NEVER had any distortion with these headphones when pushed to their amplified limits. The phones consist of 40mm drivers and completely encapsulate your ears, reducing outside noise by 15dB. I absolutely SWEAR by these cans. And so does sony, because they have been making these phones since 1986. You'll see sound producers and radio talk show hosts use these all the time.

The MDR-v6 runs around $70-$75 for a pair. The are worth every cent to me. Alternatively, the MDR-v7506 was the replacement for the MDR-v6. They are exactly the same headphones just a different model number to stay in-line with Sony's v7x brands. The 7506s are around $90-$100. The sturdiness of these headphones are also magnificent. I've had a pair for 2 years, the ear pad cushions started to shed and I replaced them easily for $10. I have had these stepped on, bunched up, rolled over and farted on and they work like a charm every time!

Look around for reviews on the MDR-v6. You'll notice that they will be placed on the upper echelon of quality cans. You could go grado SR60/80s but who wants open ear headphones for DJing?
Unread Oct 29th, 2009, 02:35 AM   #11 (permalink)
Banned

Hi, i recommend this Koss Noise-Isolating Earbuds, good sound and decent price.
lightrain is offline   Reply With Quote