Digitally Imported Homepage

Go Back   Digitally Imported Forums > Daily Life > Fun and Games Room
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread Jan 10th, 2012, 05:30 PM   #8061 (permalink)
DI Extreme Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustwave View Post
Dance music giant afrojack? lol I used to know that guy. Has anyone even heard of him at all outside of The Netherlands? He's just some tool who happened to strike gold with his commercial crap. The bimbo isn't bedding down in the dance music scene, she's bedding down in him. I'm guessing that after they break up eventually she'll forget about making house and djing.
Afrojack was recently down under for a festival tour, so yeah, people have heard of him...and the bimbo didnt even know what house music was when she had that altercation with Steve Angello last year or the year before. Bandwagon much?
Unread Jan 10th, 2012, 05:33 PM   #8062 (permalink)
DI Chronic Addict

Captain Jack!

-that was the worst thing I've ever heard
-it was terrible
-horrific
-oh well it wasn't that bad
-oh yeah
-there was some parts I liked
-I liked a lot of it
-yea it was good actually
-that was great
Mike JK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Jan 10th, 2012, 06:58 PM   #8063 (permalink)
DI Critical Mass

Captain Obvious
Unread Jan 11th, 2012, 01:28 AM   #8064 (permalink)
DI Chronic Addict

Captain Slow

-it was terrible
-horrific
-oh yeah
-I liked a lot of it
-that was great
Unread Jan 11th, 2012, 12:53 PM   #8065 (permalink)
Endless Blue
Forum Staff

Jesus what a day... I've been on the phone all day with some credit company that is trying to STEAL my stuff because they don't believe it's actually mine!
My regular car dealership just had to shut it's doors because the owner went bankrupt. He loaned money for an unrelated real estate investment but it all went sour and now the credit company he had the loan with is taking everything he owns, including the dealership's stock. It would be a shame if the dealership were to close it's doors permanently cause it's the best in it's kind, but that by itself isn't that big of a deal, various parties want to buy the dealership and continue it as it was cause it was running great and has done so for decades. All the cars that belong to customers have been moved away and now the credit company is taking the cars and valuables from the showroom and workshop. Thing is, i have some car parts (including a V12 engine and gearbox) stored in their workshop that somehow weren't moved out together with the customer's cars and now the credit company wants to take those too, not knowing they do not belong to the dealership but to me. One of the employees called me and said he couldn't do anything but he wanted to let me know so that i could try to stop it myself.

So i called the credit company, explained the situation and said that i would come pick up the parts. They said the parts do belong to the dealership and thus to them so they would take the parts regardless. I explained again that the parts belong to me, they are registered and insured in my name, etc. They said that if that's the case they want to see the ownership documents. I said fine, i'll get the papers and then i'll come pick up my parts. But they didn't want to wait for that, so they suggested they take my stuff and refund the value to me after i prove they belong to me?!?! The f*ck?! I told them i will absolutely not let that happen because the parts are no longer manufactured and aren't easily replaced etc, to which they replied that i don't have a choice. I said that's absolutely ridiculous and that they don't have any right to do so. When i mentioned the word "theft" they suggested they take the stuff, store it wherever it is that they store stuff, and give it back to me after i prove it all belongs to me. I said that i do not want them to move the crates to some place i don't know and that the parts inside are very valuable and need to be handled carefully, and again suggested that i'd come pick them up myself right away and that i could be there in less than two hours. They said they couldn't wait that long. I said that taking the crates or breaching the seal is illegal by law and that i would call the police if they wouldn't leave the crates intact. They still didn't bulge so i did go to the police station, ownership documents in hand, and filed the whole situation. Of course they couldn't do anything, because the credit company had not yet actually taken the parts as far as we knew at that time. Tomorrow i'll find out what happened to the crates and if it turns out they were indeed taken the police will continue with the formal complaint, etc. This is gonna be interesting...

23-03-2002 - 06-04-2010 RIP Murciélago
Dustwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Jan 11th, 2012, 01:00 PM   #8066 (permalink)
DI Chronic Addict

What a story!!
Some part in me want's that they have moved the parts (unharmed of course), and gets in the trouble with it.. I've been treated badly many times by big companies (I kind of understand their situation as well) But I've still always wanted to get in such situation where a big company would do something I'm against, and getting in trouble for that
I hope they don't do any harm to the parts though..

And if you really know a lot about liquid cooling, I'd like to get answers for my questions someday

-it was terrible
-horrific
-oh yeah
-I liked a lot of it
-that was great
Unread Jan 11th, 2012, 06:06 PM   #8067 (permalink)
Senior Forum Addict

if any of you need a place to party come to masters of the universe 2
http://www.clubtix.com/masters-of-th...34f0d34cd0c8aa
check it out
go to Electric Forest!!! it is the best
rtigue50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Jan 11th, 2012, 07:09 PM   #8068 (permalink)
DI Extreme Addict

Dustwave i can be over in 20hrs with my lightsaber if you need help.
Just let me know!
Unread Jan 11th, 2012, 10:59 PM   #8069 (permalink)
Endless Blue
Forum Staff

@Mike: like i said, i'm not sure about such things. I know the basics of watercooling, messed around a bit with it myself and installed it in a few systems, found the relatively small improvements not worth the amount of effort required and focused on proper airflow management instead.

Unread Jan 12th, 2012, 09:26 AM   #8070 (permalink)
Endless Blue
Forum Staff

The soap continues... They did take my stuff. I'm pressing charges of theft. The police will try and get my stuff back from them, but they will be in trouble either way cause they had no right to take it in the first place. And if i don't get my parts back they can expect the bill for every last nut and bolt.

Unread Jan 12th, 2012, 12:46 PM   #8071 (permalink)
DI Chronic Addict

Only bad thing is, that usually when determinating the size of financial charges, they don't understand the uniqueness or antiqueness of items, but determines the value by "real usefullness value" instead..
I hope the police can get the parts back unharmed

And alright, I thought somehow you knew much more than you seem to know then..

-it was terrible
-horrific
-oh yeah
-I liked a lot of it
-that was great
Unread Jan 12th, 2012, 08:10 PM   #8072 (permalink)
Addict in Training

Hello, just trying out my luck with very first post of mine here.

Also this is page 404, just sayin'.
Mauri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Jan 12th, 2012, 08:47 PM   #8073 (permalink)
Endless Blue
Forum Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike JK View Post
Only bad thing is, that usually when determinating the size of financial charges, they don't understand the uniqueness or antiqueness of items, but determines the value by "real usefullness value" instead..
I hope the police can get the parts back unharmed
The finances are not my worries, it's well insured. They are simply very hard to replace since the parts are no longer manufactured and these are 100% new, other than dynotested completely unused.

Unread Jan 13th, 2012, 11:31 AM   #8074 (permalink)
DI Chronic Addict

Yes, I know that those are not longer manufactured, that's why I said my previous post..
That no matter how good insurances there are, it may still be tough to get similar parts, if the original got damaged or completely missing, and if you only got money, it quite surely would be ridiculously small amount, covering only "the cost of part" not the real value of the part..
I hope you get the original parts, if not, I'd ask to get similar parts to replace instead of dispenses..

-it was terrible
-horrific
-oh yeah
-I liked a lot of it
-that was great
Unread Jan 13th, 2012, 12:49 PM   #8075 (permalink)
Endless Blue
Forum Staff

The parts have been located and will be returned to me soon. If/when i get the parts back in good shape it's over as far as i'm concerned but the cops won't let go that easy cause it's still theft hehe.

Though the whole situation just got more interesting. What should be noted is that said credit company is part of a group that is also in the car import business. The old owner claims the new owner had been trying to acquire the dealership for a while now and he claims the new owner has been intentionally working against the real estate project the loan was for, and thus the successful repay of the loan that started it all, which in turn landed the dealership in the hands of the new owner. Which would be fraud. There are various things that suggest that might be true. And today they already decided exactly what they're going to do with it: continue the dealership's operations as is. That is a suspiciously quick decision if you ask me. But either way, they already ****ed up in my book. Most of the personnel who actually works there will stay and they are great, but if this is the kind of crap i can expect from the new owner/management then i'm not sure i'll return. I'll just go straight to the factory or to Affolter in Switzerland for maintenance.

Unread Jan 13th, 2012, 01:25 PM   #8076 (permalink)
DI Chronic Addict

Hah! Great I somehow wanted them to get something for taking the parts even when you told not to..

So let me get this straight
The new owner who got the company as pawn for the unpaid loan, has intentionally got the old owner in such situation after the old owner refused to sell the business?
And now after it has been noticed by authorities, the new owner kind of cancelled the foreclosure to avoid charges for fraud?

-it was terrible
-horrific
-oh yeah
-I liked a lot of it
-that was great
Unread Jan 13th, 2012, 02:01 PM   #8077 (permalink)
Endless Blue
Forum Staff

Quote:
So let me get this straight
The new owner who got the company as pawn for the unpaid loan, has intentionally got the old owner in such situation after the old owner refused to sell the business?
Yeah it starts to look like it.

Quote:
And now after it has been noticed by authorities, the new owner kind of cancelled the foreclosure to avoid charges for fraud?
They did cancel the closure but not to avoid charges of fraud. If it's all true than keeping it open always was the plan and the whole credit company was just a mask to hide behind, so they could pretend they were just getting their money back while in fact it is the dealership itself they were after.

With the company being declared bankrupt all the downpayments made by customers for ordered cars are gone as well. But with the place restarting a lot of customers are now looking at the new owner to either continue the open orders or to refund the downpayments. It's not sure yet if they will or not but they certainly aren't happy to do it. I'm glad i didn't have any orders running, but someone close to me had 4 open orders (2 Lambo Aventadors, an Aventador Roadster and a Bugatti Veyron) good for over half a million in downpayments. He picked up a Rolls Royce Ghost very recently, barely in time or he would have lost that downpayment as well.

Unread Jan 13th, 2012, 02:37 PM   #8078 (permalink)
DI Chronic Addict

Seems quite rude.. Well, world is..
I've always thought, and never completely understood the logic of bankrupt (I know more than average joe though, but) as on what happens to everything when it's about a shop which sells some stuff and people order things and pays some % of the value when making the order.. Who owns what and why
And most of time it seems that the consumer (usually the least wealthy on the scene) is who takes the most loss considering, they don't do anything wrong.. The person owning the business loses of course the most but it's his/her business though.. And the banks and lawyers seems to always get the cream from top and leaves just bits and bills.. Doesn't sound fair but life never is..
But good to hear it seems you didn't lose anything..

-it was terrible
-horrific
-oh yeah
-I liked a lot of it
-that was great
Unread Jan 13th, 2012, 03:01 PM   #8079 (permalink)
Junior Addict

Good luck on that Dustwave.
WeslleyEnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Jan 13th, 2012, 03:09 PM   #8080 (permalink)
DI Chronic Addict

Yep, but I'm still last

-it was terrible
-horrific
-oh yeah
-I liked a lot of it
-that was great