Digitally Imported Homepage

Go Back   Digitally Imported Forums > Daily Life > Fun and Games Room
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread Mar 30th, 2012, 02:33 PM   #8541 (permalink)
RO2
DI Critical Mass

You rock, "Last Poster Dude". You rock.
RO2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Mar 30th, 2012, 02:50 PM   #8542 (permalink)
DI Chronic Addict

I know

-that was the worst thing I've ever heard
-it was terrible
-horrific
-oh well it wasn't that bad
-oh yeah
-there was some parts I liked
-I liked a lot of it
-yea it was good actually
-that was great
Mike JK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Mar 30th, 2012, 05:27 PM   #8543 (permalink)
Endless Blue
Forum Staff

Angry

So, it had to happen sooner or later...i lost my driving license. For speeding and driving recklessly, or so they claim. The speeding i fully agree to, the reckless driving is nonsense and i have video evidence from the police car's own dashcam!

I was on my way home in the evening, road completely empty. At some point i was waiting for a red light on a long straight road. There was a car behind me in line which i didn't pay much attention to, no other traffic anywhere around. Couldn't see it very well anyway cause it was dark and i was kinda blinded by it's headlights in my mirrors. When the light turned green i drove away gently, sticking perfectly to the speed limit. The car behind me stayed very close to me. It was rather pushy. After a mile or so i decided to floor it for a few seconds because he was still right on my rail. So for a moment i floored it, up to about 110km/h (70 allowed on that road). 110 is a very conscious decision because it's less than 50 above the limit. If you drive more than 50 over the limit you loose your license if you get caught, under that it's just a monetary fine.

Once i reached 110 i let the car slow down to 70 again and by that time the car behind me was right on my tail again. Again i floored it up to 110 and back to 70 again. The car stayed right behind me. Then we got to a section of road where there are a few traffic lights after each other, about half a mile apart. It's in a fairly empty area and the traffic lights are there purely for pedestrian crossings. Mind that the whole road is well lit especially the pedestrian crossings. There were no pedestrians. The thing with these traffic lights is that they are all linked together. If you have a green light on the first one and you stick to the speed limit then you get perfect timing and they are all green when you get to them. On top of that there are strips in the road to detect cars and when they detect you the lights will always turn green right away UNLESS a pedestrian pushes a button at that crossing. Now when i got to the third lights it stayed red a tad longer than the first few cause i sped up a little bit, but since i saw there were no pedestrians i knew the light would turn green when i got to to the detector strips so i just kept a steady speed of 73km/h. And just like i knew it would as i've traveled that road thousands of times before, it turned green before i got there. A mile or so further down the road the car was still behind me but since i was entering a populated area i sticked to the speed limit. Then out of the blue the car behind me overtakes me, pretty much cuts me off and all of a sudden a bright red stop sign turns on in it's rear view window...

So i stop and wait for the cop to come up to my window. He asks for my license and registration, etc. That all checks out so he continous by asking me if i know why he stopped me. I said i did and that i admit i drove too fast twice. He seemed very pleased i admitted the speeding and suggested i watched video footage from his dash cam to prove to me that i was speeding. I said that wasn't necessary and that i was well aware of my speeding. When i said i sped up twice to shake him off my tail because he was way to close behind me he, of course, denied he was close behind me bla bla bla. Once again he strongly suggested i watch the footage, i denied again. Then he said i should call someone to pick me and my car up because i wouldn't be allowed to drive as they were taking my license. Which surprised me because i did not drive more than 50 over the speed limit. He said it was because i drove 43km/h above speed limit AND running a red light. I asked which red light it was, and guess what, the third of those lights i mentioned before. I said it was green when i passed it and that his video would prove that. He said the video shows it was red. I ask to see the video then. He denies and says he gave me the opportunity to watch the video twice but since i denied he didn't have to show it to me now. I said that when he asked me to watch the video he had not mentioned the red light, only the speeding, which i fully admit to. After a long discussion he eventually went to check the video himself, i still wasn't allowed to see, and when he came back he agreed it was green. However, they had now changed the charge to reckless driving and said i intended to cross the red light at high speed which potentially could have endangered pedestrian lives. That's what they call it, when i keep a very steady 70km/h on a perfectly straight road which happens to have a traffic light on it in the middle of nowhere

At this point i figured it was pointless so i said i'd just leave it at that and wouldn't go into further discussion at the time. It's up to the judge now to decide for how long i loose my license, with said charges it could be anything from 6 days to 6 months. But i get to defend my case in court and my lawyer, who has since acquired the video, says there is absolutely nothing to worry about. He said the video doesn't even appear reckless in any way, on the contrary, you just see me keeping a steady speed on a straight road for a long time with just two short accelerations which by themselves are a couple hundred euro fine at most. Heck i bet my lawyer can even get rid of that since they have wrongfully taken my license away for these few days. Thankfully court stuff is on monday (quick! yay!) so i'm pretty confident i'll have it back in a few days.

I'm addicted to driving so this sucks donkey balls. I guess someone will have to drive me to a racetrack this weekend. They didn't take my race license

23-03-2002 - 06-04-2010 RIP Murciélago

Last edited by Dustwave : Mar 30th, 2012 at 07:36 PM.
Dustwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Mar 30th, 2012, 05:34 PM   #8544 (permalink)
DI Chronic Addict

I'll comment last and then read that vast post.
Sorry to hear about your licence
The summer is coming, in a month I'll get my bike from winterhold, I hope I don't have the same destiny as you did.

-it was terrible
-horrific
-oh yeah
-I liked a lot of it
-that was great
Unread Mar 30th, 2012, 05:43 PM   #8545 (permalink)
Endless Blue
Forum Staff

last post? i'm not sure what you mean

Unread Mar 30th, 2012, 06:01 PM   #8546 (permalink)
Forum Moderator
Forum Staff

Sounds like a bump in the legal road to me.

Tough for me to make a decision on my opinion (and I know that is all it is) of what I think should happen. "110 is a very conscious decision because it's less than 50 above the limit. If you drive more than 50 over the limit you loose your license if you get caught, under that it's just a monetary fine." is where I have the issue. I would think they should drop the fines since they took your license, but on the other hand, you make it clear that you made a very conscious decision. If the license is just gone for a few days and that is it, my mind says a reduced fine should be in order. Interesting circumstance. Hope it doesn't effect your idea of trying to get the car dealership thing you mentioned before, though I don't really see why it would.
Firebug is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Mar 30th, 2012, 06:24 PM   #8547 (permalink)
DI Chronic Addict

I'm not sure about that last anymore..

-it was terrible
-horrific
-oh yeah
-I liked a lot of it
-that was great
Unread Mar 30th, 2012, 09:17 PM   #8548 (permalink)
Senior Forum Addict

ya go see the hunger games. the new movie. I got back from it a couple hours ago it was good
go to Electric Forest!!! it is the best
rtigue50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Mar 30th, 2012, 10:24 PM   #8549 (permalink)
RO2
DI Critical Mass

Sucks about the license. I'd hate to lose mine.

No comment on the movie. Really have no intention of seeing it.
Unread Mar 31st, 2012, 05:31 AM   #8550 (permalink)
DI Extreme Addict

Send a message via MSN to J!SH! Send a message via Skype™ to J!SH!

haha no thats all you get
lets not have a perv session on my girlfriend
Ive posted pictures of us before and its never got that reaction

dusty that sucks really badly about your license, if i lost mine i would be so stuck!

if you want to track me down outside of DI search jishua9
J!SH! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Mar 31st, 2012, 01:10 PM   #8551 (permalink)
Senior Forum Addict

I had my license but I lost it cuz I had an accident
go to Electric Forest!!! it is the best

Last edited by rtigue50 : Mar 31st, 2012 at 01:11 PM. Reason: a drug OD
rtigue50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Apr 1st, 2012, 01:41 PM   #8552 (permalink)
Forum Moderator
Forum Staff

I still remember my first time driving... and a cop almost driving into me because they were on the wrong side of the road. *Blinks*

Last.
Firebug is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Apr 1st, 2012, 03:11 PM   #8553 (permalink)
DI Chronic Addict

Still last, never lost my license, and I hope I'll have my license in 2 months still
In 1 month it's the most crucial time for motorcyclist to lose license, as the season begins, and police are more interested.

-it was terrible
-horrific
-oh yeah
-I liked a lot of it
-that was great
Unread Apr 1st, 2012, 03:15 PM   #8554 (permalink)
RO2
DI Critical Mass

There's a hunting season on motorcycles? I never knew.
Unread Apr 1st, 2012, 03:18 PM   #8555 (permalink)
DI Chronic Addict

Well, you're from florida.. Here's 4 seasons, which of winter has about 1m of snow.. So no motorcycling then, and when the season begins, you can just imagine how you want to drive much (it's more likely you to be catched by police) and you want to test your bike again, so your driving might be a little more aggressive than later, thus police being even more interested, and the two things feeds each other.

-it was terrible
-horrific
-oh yeah
-I liked a lot of it
-that was great
Unread Apr 1st, 2012, 09:50 PM   #8556 (permalink)
RO2
DI Critical Mass

Ahh. Yeah. Here we have generally good weather all year round for motorcycles. There's a few weeks throughout the year where it's cold that you don't see it as much unless it's casual riding around town.
Unread Apr 2nd, 2012, 05:04 AM   #8557 (permalink)
DI Chronic Addict

I must admit that I envy you

-it was terrible
-horrific
-oh yeah
-I liked a lot of it
-that was great
Unread Apr 2nd, 2012, 06:53 AM   #8558 (permalink)
Endless Blue
Forum Staff

W00t, got my driving license back effective immediately! And no fine for the speeding. The whole court thing lasted maybe 10 minutes including watching the dashcam footage. After watching the video the judge said the cops wasted her and my time with the bullshit reckless driving claim, and waved away the speeding by agreeing with me that anybody would want to create some distance if another car is that close behind you. Win!

Unread Apr 2nd, 2012, 06:59 AM   #8559 (permalink)
RO2
DI Critical Mass

Wow. That's unexpected. Not often you see a judge treat a cop like that in open court. Congrats on getting your license back.
Unread Apr 2nd, 2012, 07:31 AM   #8560 (permalink)
DI Chronic Addict

With canon, you can.

-it was terrible
-horrific
-oh yeah
-I liked a lot of it
-that was great