Digitally Imported Homepage

Go Back   Digitally Imported Forums > DI Live Playlist Comments > Future Synthpop Channel
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread Apr 20th, 2012, 03:02 AM   #161 (permalink)
Junior Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADJ View Post
...so that can also happen to this channel...if they don't find any volunteers

Holy shit!
I've been listening to this channel since 2010, I think, and I love it.
Please don't let that happen to this great channel!!!

What about AprilAero? I thought she was running this channel? Where did she go?

I want her back! She really did a great job!!!
darkelec is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Apr 20th, 2012, 07:36 AM   #162 (permalink)
ADJ
Senior Forum Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkelec View Post
...What about AprilAero? I thought she was running this channel? Where did she go?

I want her back! She really did a great job!!!
+1
yep!
ADJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Apr 20th, 2012, 11:59 AM   #163 (permalink)
Junior Addict

Quote:
+1
yep!
yes, it would simply be a fantastic thing if they could AprilAero bring back to this channel.
We need someone who's able to save the Future Synthpop channel from becoming orphaned, too...and I think she's the first choice for that job.

I enjoyed her shows she had on this channel last year and there was a lot of traffic in this forum. But unfortunately it seems I registered too late to speak my piece
Unread Apr 20th, 2012, 02:08 PM   #164 (permalink)
Junior Addict

Quote:
+1
yep!
btw ADJ, I really enjoyed your mixes as well, I think you two were a great duo - kinda like soul mates - ...so it seemed to me
and you complemented each other energetically -very entertaining.
So why don't you continue that perfect team???
Unread Apr 20th, 2012, 04:14 PM   #165 (permalink)
ADJ
Senior Forum Addict

Quote:
btw ADJ, I really enjoyed your mixes as well, I think you two were a great duo - kinda like soul mates - ...so it seemed to me
and you complemented each other energetically -very entertaining.
So why don't you continue that perfect team???
I don't know
I think I forfeited my chance to grow a Futurepop community here...and besides that I am not a "radio man"
I am just a content provider or supplier
April was the one who was really interested in making radio shows and running this channel, and not me.
Unread Apr 20th, 2012, 05:06 PM   #166 (permalink)
Junior Addict

Quote:
I don't know
I think I forfeited my chance to grow a Futurepop community here...and besides that I am not a "radio man"
I am just a content provider or supplier
April was the one who was really interested in making radio shows and running this channel, and not me.
well, it's a real bummer!
I thought you two could team up again to save this channel before it ends like the Gabber channel
who else would be able to do that???
Unread Apr 21st, 2012, 10:56 AM   #167 (permalink)
ADJ
Senior Forum Addict

Quote:
...I thought you two could team up again to save this channel before it ends like the Gabber channel
well, I guess it was just a "one-off collaboration" between us (if you can call it that?!) but I am not sure
the thing is that I am not interested in doing a regular weekly radio show or something like that. It's too much time consuming for me!

Quote:
...who else would be able to do that???
Oh, a comeback of Mr. Future Synthpop™ himself, DJ IZ, would be great!!!
He would be able to save the planet

Last edited by ADJ : Apr 21st, 2012 at 11:49 AM.
Unread Apr 22nd, 2012, 07:38 PM   #168 (permalink)
METROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

Send a message via AIM to AprilAero

Quote:
well, I guess it was just a "one-off collaboration" between us (if you can call it that?!) but I am not sure
the thing is that I am not interested in doing a regular weekly radio show or something like that. It's too much time consuming for me!

Oh, a comeback of Mr. Future Synthpop™ himself, DJ IZ, would be great!!!
He would be able to save the planet
well DJ IZ barely has the time to do a weekly mix much less run an entire channel.

I would be happy to resume my position if they would let me, but I don't think that will happen unfortunately. It was a lot of work and a lot of time for absolutely no money. I can't work for free cause I am barely make ends meet as I am really broke right now.

What I may consider doing is having all of the sets available to listen to on my website any time you want to. http://aprilelyse.com Possibly in the future we will try to continue as many of the series that we had on here and there and just have it so its like an iTunes podcast where it would automatically download to your computer when something new is available. But it might be a problem with us not having an actual radio stream to stream off of. But if there is enough of a demand for it, I will try to make it happen.

Here is the category for Future Synthpop http://aprilelyse.com/wp/?cat=3 I have to get an adapter for the HDD that all the files are on soI can get to everything.

Currently we are trying to support ourselves on ad revenue and donations as it takes time to maintain this. It just takes time.

about the Future Synthpop trademark , that one is owned by me. So I am gonna work on developing the brand else where instead of letting it die.

Last edited by AprilAero : Apr 22nd, 2012 at 07:43 PM.
AprilAero is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Jun 23rd, 2012, 03:55 PM   #169 (permalink)
Addict in Training

I know this section may not be as active as "Vocal Trance" (an amazing station too) but I wanted to let the bean counters at DI know this station brought me back to DI premium. I was premium for the longest time till I got laid off and had to really budget my finances. Working where I can now, still no where near where I used to be in life, but for only $5/month just feel like a scumbag not donating. Its less then the price of buying lunch once.

I am usually using the Android app and randomly clicked on the "all" tab instead of using my favorites; just noticed you added a Synthpop channel. It only took one track. Everything I fell in love back in college many years ago working as a bouncer at a Goth/Industrial/BDSM club, lol.

I don't know how you do it; companies like Netflix, SiriusXM, and other paid services keep getting more expensive and cutting back services, DI is the opposite. I knew Sky.fm was included but now you added Jazz/Blues to premium?!

There is a great community; station managers who truly love what they do and the music; all I can say is Thank You and keep up the amazing work.

How to improve the channel? Keep it going. Its the only one that has this genre of music here on DI. Hope its here for good.

Again, thank you for all the hard work and amazing service.
Thalinor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Jul 6th, 2012, 07:35 PM   #170 (permalink)
METROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thalinor View Post
I know this section may not be as active as "Vocal Trance" (an amazing station too) but I wanted to let the bean counters at DI know this station brought me back to DI premium. I was premium for the longest time till I got laid off and had to really budget my finances. Working where I can now, still no where near where I used to be in life, but for only $5/month just feel like a scumbag not donating. Its less then the price of buying lunch once.

I am usually using the Android app and randomly clicked on the "all" tab instead of using my favorites; just noticed you added a Synthpop channel. It only took one track. Everything I fell in love back in college many years ago working as a bouncer at a Goth/Industrial/BDSM club, lol.

I don't know how you do it; companies like Netflix, SiriusXM, and other paid services keep getting more expensive and cutting back services, DI is the opposite. I knew Sky.fm was included but now you added Jazz/Blues to premium?!

There is a great community; station managers who truly love what they do and the music; all I can say is Thank You and keep up the amazing work.

How to improve the channel? Keep it going. Its the only one that has this genre of music here on DI. Hope its here for good.

Again, thank you for all the hard work and amazing service.
well the thing is I always felt like this channel did not really fit with the rest of DI, and we were kinda a neglected class so to speak. Well as you may or may not already know , this channel has been a ghost ship since late August of last year , and it does not look like that will change any time soon if ever. I was the one who did all the work to make this channel great, so the credit belongs to me not DI.

When I get time I am gonna revive the Future Synthpop brand on my website. that may happen in the future if I get time.
Unread Jul 7th, 2012, 09:17 PM   #171 (permalink)
ADJ
Senior Forum Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by AprilAero View Post
...I was the one who did all the work to make this channel great, so the credit belongs to me not DI.
hahaha....DJ IZ was the one who made this channel great, I think!...
...you made it attractive for Trance people...and that was the beginning of the doom...

Last edited by ADJ : Jul 7th, 2012 at 09:24 PM.
Unread Nov 17th, 2012, 09:46 PM   #172 (permalink)
ADJ
Senior Forum Addict

I really hope this channel will survive the relaunch!!!
Unread Nov 26th, 2012, 06:05 AM   #173 (permalink)
Addict in Training

Default How to improve..., new tunes needed too

Overall great tunes in this channel. And the only one I listen from your channels.
Because I listen to this so often, it feels that there are very seldom new tunes added to the playlist.
Please correct, if I'm wrong.
Juki67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Nov 30th, 2012, 06:00 PM   #174 (permalink)
ADJ
Senior Forum Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juki67 View Post
Overall great tunes in this channel. And the only one I listen from your channels...
+1
same here!
Unread Jan 8th, 2013, 04:36 PM   #175 (permalink)
METROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juki67 View Post
Overall great tunes in this channel. And the only one I listen from your channels.
Because I listen to this so often, it feels that there are very seldom new tunes added to the playlist.
Please correct, if I'm wrong.
it's a dead channel. there is no channel director.
Unread Jan 15th, 2013, 01:44 PM   #176 (permalink)
DI Critical Mass

I thought you guys here may want to give a listen to this
Mardouk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Mar 19th, 2013, 06:11 PM   #177 (permalink)
Junior Addict

I'm a huge fan of this station and have been listening since di.fm launched (the first time) and a member since 2005. The only thing I simply cannot stomach is "Namnambulu". It's just awful and I wish it would be axed from the station.
deveds2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Jun 27th, 2013, 05:10 PM   #178 (permalink)
Junior Addict

ohhhhh ya
miranda-1 is offline   Reply With Quote