Digitally Imported Homepage

Go Back   Digitally Imported Forums > Daily Life > The Chill Room > Movies and Television
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread May 2nd, 2005, 01:47 AM   #1061 (permalink)
Regular Forum Addict

Hey usp Mountaineer haven't talked to you in a while. I've alaso been real busy and haven't post here as much. I forgot what happened on teh episodes, but from what I remember it was pretty kool. I dunno, I'm just not into alias as much as I used to be, but I love 24.

OH yeah Mountaineer, Micheal Vartan is in that new J. Lo movie Monster-in-Law(he's the husband). Sound like a crappy movie, but if you wanna see it for Vartan.....

Peaces, gotta go.
Unread May 5th, 2005, 12:09 AM   #1062 (permalink)
DI Extreme Addict

Yeah i know i missed my review last week. I was studying for a test and totally forgot about it. Alias was ok tonight it was a sweet episode. Things are going to be ok for Jack seeing as how his condition is uncurable and next episode he is in the field (from the preview) Kinda makes you think. They really need to start using new shot locations, it seems like i ve seen every place that they have been to already. Also they really need to get new storyline. They need to stop tricking people that are in a different place when they really are not. Thats two times already. Well thats all I really have to say but it seems next episode is when they start with the real storyline. I m really looking forward to it seeing how its Jennifer Garner directorial debute. Should be good I hope she does a wicked job but I have very little faith in her for some reason, I dont know why.... sigh. But she is still the greatest.

Well how is everyone now. How are you Kris, hows your job hunt going, I hope you nailed one of those interviews.

Well thats about it. I m in Summer mode now no more school though I think i m going to take a spring course for the ******** of it. Peace out.
Street_Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread May 7th, 2005, 03:25 PM   #1063 (permalink)
Regular Forum Addict

Hey Undrtakr. Hey David. Hope you guys are doing well.

The job hunt is going... I'm actually working now, although I have to pick up a second job to make my last rent payment. I'm working as an advertising assistant for the local paper. Although I'm not enjoying it as much as I thought i would. I've always kinda wanted to work for a newspaper, but I anticipated more towards the editorial area. Right now I feel more like Jimmy Olson - only without the camera. Sorry for the Superman reference guys.
Anywho, When I say "last rent payment", I meant my last rent payment for this apartment. I'm moving the end of June when my lease is up. I've given my notice and everything. I'm still going to be in California, just further south - in Murrieta. It's cool though, more opportunities, and it will be good for me. I'm actually moving in with a friend. But, that means that I'm still in the job hunting market/mode. I have one interview on Tuesday, the position pays about $13-$14 per hour, so that's a pretty sweet deal. I'm also trying to line up a few more interviews for that day so that I won't be driving down there for only one. Keep your fingers crossed for me guys. I'm getting kinda nervous, since I only have about a month and a half to find something down there.

Anyway, on to Alias. I kinda liked this episode. Poor Sydney. I'm suprised she's not still in therapy. But at least she knows now that Jack was going to leave the CIA to be more of a father, that he didn't intend to be as cold and distant as he is. And if that scene played out the way it did back when the events originally happened, it was Irina who convinced him to stay in the CIA, that ruined Jack's relationship with his daughter.
I do remember Marshall telling Syd that there wasn't a cure for Jack's condition, except Syd had 72 hours before it was irreversable. Which means that there had to be some kind of cure. So yeah, that it a bit misleading.
But I am looking forward to next weeks episode.

Alrighty, I'm out. I'll catch up with you guys later. Until then, take care, and I hope all is well!!
Vaughn: After you died, I used to talk to you...like you were still around. Literally, out loud, whole conversations about...nothing; the weather...should I get a new car? Should I have another drink?... Then one day...you started answering. I mean, I could hear you in my head...like you were right next to me, Sydney. And although rationally I knew I was a guy who...stayed up nights drinking...talking to his dead girlfriend... Still, I couldn't stop. So, before you tell me you can handle me coming back to the CIA, there are two things you need to know: First...is that I was so in love with you...that it nearly killed me. And second... that I don't regret moving on with my life.

"Dislocation, maybe, is part of our uneasiness. It implants the feeling that nothing is permanent."
- Arthur Miller
Mountaineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread May 8th, 2005, 01:22 AM   #1064 (permalink)
DI Extreme Addict

There was 'no known' cure for the condition.
Ambiguity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread May 11th, 2005, 02:16 PM   #1065 (permalink)
Regular Forum Addict

Sorry so late guys I thought episode was kool last week also.

David,
I knew Jack was gonna be okay, but I hate when they give it away in the preview of what's gonna happen. I haven't really noticed about the shot locations, but you have to remember it costs money to keep shooting all over the place. ANd its easier/cheaper to do it in one spot and change the scenery aroudn to make it look like another.
I'm also looking forward to Jen's directorial debute, hope its good. I saw Jen+Ben in Star(tabloid) mag they was out scouting locations to film her eiosode.
I'm doing good, so your finished with school now? What you gonna do with your free time? Sometimes not having anything to do with free time is worst than school

Mountaineer,
(what's ur real name, btw) Mines is Jarret but still like called undrtakr
COngrats on the new job even though it seems you don't like it much heh, and from the way you was setting it up I though you was talking about Spider-man instead of Superman.-- all superheros work at a newspaper. Anyways...
I'll pray you do good on interviews so you can find a better job/salary. What kinda jobs are you interested in.....or do you just miscellaneous work?
I knew they was gonna find a cure for Jack its just like with every other show they can't kill a main chracter, so it looses some intensity about it, I dunno.

Anyways, glad to hear from you agin Mount hope to see you more often. Myself I've been real busy, but took a little time off to post here, peace
Unread May 13th, 2005, 03:05 AM   #1066 (permalink)
DI Extreme Addict

So i forgot to watch Alias. There is something definately wrong with me. But i downloaded it and watched it today. It was a good episode. Learn more things about Sloane everyday. Ron Rifkin had a great performance. There wasn't really much Sydney but Armin did exceptionally well. Hahha that tool Arvin Clone MF. Oh yeah so it turns out JenG is engaged. I didn't really have a problem with the direction of the show (JenGs was directing it) seemed pretty normal to me. I even payed extra attention to the details of it this time. At times the camera did switch to peoples faces too fast and maybe they were alittle too zoomed in at times but its ok. Now we all know how easy it is to be a director. LOL. So we finally see what Omafem (sp??) is all about kinda cool. I wonder who is the head boss of this whole organization which that mad scientist worked for. I bet its still Elana, kinda forgot about her. She wasnt even around the whole episode, probably cooking up a scheme. So now there is only 48 hours left to find the flower thing, hope they find it, and I hope it connects to that flower they found in Season 2, but i know it wont just becasue. I heard that next weeks episode is going to be 2 hours. Wicked I cant wait its going to be great hopefully its what we all are waiting for. Oh yeah so it turns out that JenG is pregnant. So yeah Jack is perfectly fine and is going to make a full recovery, I realy thought he was going to die but I guess not. Well thats eveything i wanted to talk about. How is everyones summer going? Mine is ok I just started a spring class today. Developmental Psychology, it seems easy but its like so much shit in just a month of school. Wish me luck its pretty much just reading and going to class so i should be ok. Oh yeah so i started an Album collection can you guys recommend some CDs please thanks. Whats up with you guys?
Unread May 16th, 2005, 03:54 PM   #1067 (permalink)
Regular Forum Addict

Don't have much time, but just found out:

MAXIM HOT 100 ~ 2005

1. Eva Longoria
2. Evangeline Lilly
3. Jennifer Garner
4. Lindsay Lohan
5. Jessica Alba
Unread May 19th, 2005, 11:19 AM   #1068 (permalink)
DI Extreme Addict

OK so that was Alias x 2. It was ok the first episode wasnít all that entertaining, kind of boring. I liked the second a lot more it had more events that were interesting. Here is a warning to whoever reads this. Most of the stuff that is going to be written make little to no sense and are just random things that come to my head. I still donít like Nadia. A good thing about all of this is that we finally learn what happened between Jack and Irina, also what happened at the end of last season with Nadia and Sloane. I m glad that Vaughn proposed to Sydney when he did because that was nice . In both episodes Vaughn did absolutely nothing, heís kind of worthless. I like how everyone is going on this last mission its going to be cool. Now that the world is coming to an end we finally get to see Sydney and Nadia fight because of the prophecy shit. I wonder who is going to die, Sydney or Nadia. Since this is Alias we all know the question to that. The show is actually coming together with all the prophecy stuff, and all the motives are lining up as well. Iím not even sure about what side Sloane is on, still interesting. I really wish Dixon died; well I just want someone to die because you know the show needs to kill a main character sometime. Irina is so cool, when I first saw that she was going to be in this episode I was so excited, I was excited all week. Iím not a big fan of her but I guess I am now. Irina seems to hold everything and everyone together next to Sydney.

Ok now I m going to go over things I liked and things I didnít like. I thought it was really cool how Sydney and Vaughn went to that bar in Ibiza, but I didnít like how they didnít play trance and played some fu*kin poppy house instead. Sydney and Vaughn making out was interesting and that guy (the bad guy watching) is such a pervert he deserves to get his head shoved in a toilet. I like how Alias keeps mentioning things from recent seasons like the Circumference, the Muller Device,(those maybe the same thing) The Blackwell Index (I donít know the name I forgot someone correct me), the Helix Project. But I donít like the idea of the Circumference all that much, because it looks so cheesy. I do like how it has always been a part of the show. Sydney and that device have some kind of connection its like Sydney always has to destroy it. I liked how Irina just knew that Nadia was her daughter, it was a sweet moment, but I wish they played it out longer because it was a bigger deal then they made it out to be. From the start of the season we knew how much Nadia wanted to meet her mom. Moving onÖ I liked how Nadia finally found out that Jack killed Irina, but I didnít like how Vaughn just told her like it wasnít that big of a secret. I know that there were reports that she was alive but still you donít go off telling secrets like that. He actually didnít tell her but still he told her to talk to Jack about it. Seems like I m a huge bitch and I love to complain about every fu*kin thing I want to, well I do. Oh yeah something that I thought was really cute was when they raided Sydneyís home and found all those guns, Fully Automatic weapons, a shotgun, drawer full of knives. Hahha and she acted like it was normal, thatís my Sydney . Too bad she didnít have all that shit when she fought it out with Allison. I guess she knows better now.

So there is going to be an Alias Season Five and itís going to air in the fall. It will also have a new time slot on Thursdays @ 8 PM, uhh ohh you O.C freaks. I wonder what they will write aboutÖ I bet thatís the season when Sydney has the rambaldi baby and for some reason Sydney should die, I donít know why but because it would be the best ending and a great conclusion to the show. Fu*k I am jumping the gun, Iíll stop that now. So back to the episodeÖ I donít really remember what happened, oh yeah hahhaha Irinva signing that thing that says she has to come back to the CIA when sheís done the mission, WTF yeahÖ and go away for life.

Writing this review has really made me think of Alias as a whole series instead of just an individual episode like all my other reviews have been like. Alias is indeed a great series, this season didnít have me begging for more but still the story is great, and now that its all finally coming together I am happy and almost satisfied, though my thirst for Alias is insatiable. I know there are a number of things that will never be explained but its ok because most of it does go together in a somewhat logical way, or entertaining way (I think thatís a better description).

Well all I really want to say is that everything is coming together nicely it should lead to a great finale, and it better have one fu*kin huge cliffhanger that makes me cry, anything less is unacceptable!! I canít wait. Its going to be a fu*king gong show. What did all of you guys think? Iím dying to know.
Unread May 26th, 2005, 01:13 AM   #1069 (permalink)
DI Extreme Addict

Ok the season is over and I m like WTF. I hear season 5 will be the last it airs in like 5 months which isnt that bad. But right now i m like WTF!! WTF!!!!! omg.... i honestly dont know how to react to this. epsiode was ok though. but wtf!!!
Unread May 26th, 2005, 04:04 AM   #1070 (permalink)
DI Trance Addict

Send a message via AIM to DJ Xenomorph

This season is over and personally I didn't think it went anywhere because it seems like all the episodes were about random missions. But damn was the season finale a cliff hanger.

Any idea when season 5 will start? I can't wait to see what happens and how it picks up.
Unread May 26th, 2005, 10:48 AM   #1071 (permalink)
Regular Forum Addict

I don't have time to post a review, but I want to go on the record as saying...

WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT?!?!
Vaughn: After you died, I used to talk to you...like you were still around. Literally, out loud, whole conversations about...nothing; the weather...should I get a new car? Should I have another drink?... Then one day...you started answering. I mean, I could hear you in my head...like you were right next to me, Sydney. And although rationally I knew I was a guy who...stayed up nights drinking...talking to his dead girlfriend... Still, I couldn't stop. So, before you tell me you can handle me coming back to the CIA, there are two things you need to know: First...is that I was so in love with you...that it nearly killed me. And second... that I don't regret moving on with my life.

"Dislocation, maybe, is part of our uneasiness. It implants the feeling that nothing is permanent."
- Arthur Miller
Unread May 26th, 2005, 01:48 PM   #1072 (permalink)
Regular Forum Addict

WTF!?

How can you ask someone to marry you then say everything she knew about you was a lie I hope they know where they are going with this
Unread May 26th, 2005, 03:47 PM   #1073 (permalink)
Regular Forum Addict

Me too. I was talking to someone this morning about last night's finale, and he doesn't seem to think that Vaughn (even though that's not his real name) won't be coming back next season. And all I have to say to that is...
HE HAS TO COME BACK!! THEY NEED TO FINISH WHAT THEY STARTED AND TELL ME WHAT THE HELL VAUGHN WAS TALKING ABOUT!! Sure, maybe in the start of season five, he'll be in like a coma or something, but he'll be back, he's gotta come back, and after my co-worker said that, I've been stressin' big time!!
Someone, please... comfort me here, tell me it's a crappy theory...

- Arthur Miller
Unread May 27th, 2005, 03:29 AM   #1074 (permalink)
DI Extreme Addict

****** SEASON 5 PREDICTIONS ****
Kris, I m sure Vaughn will be around they cant kill him. Have faith.

Yeah today i was driving home and i just thought of something... Since the Alias writing team is treating this season as its last they are probably going to end the storyline and wrap up lose ends (duhhh). This made me think which lose ends were not tied up. Well I thought of one major one which is damn obvious. Sydney is supposed to have Rambaldi's baby. And since we know that Sydney and Vaughn are a couple and Vaughn isn't actually Vaughn. Vaughn must be a decendant of Rambaldi or something like that. Therefore Sydney will have a baby from the family of Rambaldi. That would explain his dads involvment in Rambaldi and thus Vaughns motives to meet Sydney, to fullfill the prophecy. I think that makes a lot of sense.

This show is really out the window now, but yeah thats just a thought of mine. I got an ipod its kick ass.
Unread May 27th, 2005, 01:57 PM   #1075 (permalink)
DI Extreme Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by DJ Xenomorph
This season is over and personally I didn't think it went anywhere because it seems like all the episodes were about random missions. But damn was the season finale a cliff hanger.

Any idea when season 5 will start? I can't wait to see what happens and how it picks up.
My thoughts exactly. No real plot at all until the end. The last episode was amazing through. Same with lost if anyone watches that. Both great shows.
Ambiguity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread May 28th, 2005, 02:23 PM   #1076 (permalink)
Regular Forum Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by DJ Xenomorph

Yeah i was like W(here)TF did that come from, they just string us along with lack-luster plots then throw this cliffhanger on us?

It woulda been better if every episode was a cliffy-hanger and tied into next weeks show. Or if they gave little clues throughout the season to show that Vartan was someone else, like they do with moles in 24.

Street said its something about getting more money from "random" missions cause then networks can show reruns for the show w/o ppl getting lost. So they give hardcore fans the finger, to cater to casual? That's was "previously on alias" is for. Now the only reason I still watch really is cause Jen Garner....
Unread May 29th, 2005, 06:34 PM   #1077 (permalink)
Regular Forum Addict

Street, I have faith that Vaughn will return; I'm thinking that he'll just be in a coma for the first episode or two. But he has to come back, they can't just end his run like that. It just wouldn't be right.
And I agree with y'all that the season didn't really go anywhere. So when Irina told Vaughn that if he was going to marry Sydney he should tell her the truth, I didn't think much of it. Boy oh boy was I wrong.
People are still talking about that finale. It was one hell of a cliffhanger if I do say so myself. The best yet I believe. I just hope they pick up from it better than they did with season two's cliffhanger into season three. I can't wait to see where this is going.
The whole finale itself was very 28 Days Later I think. Kinda creepy in its own right, but wrapped up well.
I was VERY disappointed in the fight between Nadia and Sydney though. The white horse in the street, the fallen cement angel Nadia walked past... I thought it was supposed to be a fight to the death!!
Does anyone know when Season Five is going to start? I know they're talking about a regular September start, and even heard a rumor that ALIAS was going to be on Thursday night @ 8:00pm (but i'm hoping that rumor is false); but I don't know what date they're looking at. I know, I know, the season just ended only a mere five nights ago, but I'm curious.
That's some theory you've got there David. It does make sense, but my hope for a spy baby is gone now. I just was not expecting Vaughn to say "that's one thing... my name isn't Michael Vaughn."
Ouch. And then, what was all that Bill Vaughn stuff, being the loyal CIA agent and father? Was that all a lie? Was Vaughn adopted?
Alrighty, I've gotta stop now before my brain goes into overdrive and burns out.
I will talk to y'all later. Have a great long weekend guys!!

- Arthur Miller
Unread May 31st, 2005, 01:27 PM   #1078 (permalink)
Regular Forum Addict

> Yeah of course Vaghn will return or that would be the biggest mistake a writer can do with a cliffhanger. That would been like saying Syd had another sister(Nadia) then never bring it up again(before tehy met).
> I missed that part of Irina talking to vaughn, but if I did hear it I wouldn' have thought anything of it.
> Yeah it was a great cliffhanger, but I "hop they pick up from it better" with the story in between cliffhanges, and not sting us along.
> Never saw 28 days so no comment
> OMG I'm dissapointed with the "fight to death" with Syd/Nadia it sucked. But that reminds me I was reading 24-vs-alias thread at 24 forum and they said: "Alias is always about one of the 8 main characters dying....except noone Ever dies" I just realized how true this is. 24 kills off main characters all the time, but never alias. hell even Irina came back to life I know David would like Nadia to go, lol.
> I dunno when it starts, but Dave said this fall instead of January. ANd I hope they dont' change the date again I just got used to it, and got all my primetime program lines up.
> Maybe Vaughn IS Bill Vaughn

This weekend went by too fast, oh well talk to ya laters
Unread Jun 4th, 2005, 12:37 AM   #1079 (permalink)
Regular Forum Addict

So I'm at my Mom's right now in between my moving process. I really don't want to go to Murietta anymore, I'm finally starting to like my job and the way things are going. But to keep them that way, I'm going to have to suck it up, ignore my pride, give up my freedoms, and move back into my Mom's for three weeks, and then back to the biological sperm-donar's house for a few months until my sister is ready and able to move out.
This is my first night here, but it feels weird being back under my parent's roof. I liked having my own place to call home... this just doesn't feel right to me. Sure, I always bitched about being lonely, going home to nothing, but at least it was my own, ya know?
I'm being stupid... it's getting late and I haven't been sleeping well. And I've got a lot of shit going through my mind right now.
But, I will have access to the internet at hand, so that's always a good thing.
I haven't watched any tv really now that everything is back to reality shows and repeats. Kinda sucks.
Alrighty, I guess that's enough ranting for one night. I'll catch up with you guys later. Don't be strangers!!

- Arthur Miller
Unread Jun 4th, 2005, 02:14 AM   #1080 (permalink)
DI Extreme Addict

Good to hear that you are doing ok, and yeah moving with your sister should be a good idea, she needs to grow up. I cant sleep all that well either, mainly because I choose not to i guess. I have to work 2morrow so i think i should be going to sleep soon. My car is in the shop so i have to take the bus or maybe i can get someone to drive me, its fuggin far. Yeah TV is boring without good quality TV shows like Alias i dont even bother turning it on anymore. Oh yeah I ll be moving so that should be a change, well thats not for awhile so its cool. Well nice hearing from you Kris, hows Jarret doing?