Digitally Imported Homepage

Go Back   Digitally Imported Forums > Daily Life > The Chill Room > Movies and Television
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread Aug 16th, 2009, 12:28 AM   #2201 (permalink)
Cruising at 120BPM

Send a message via AIM to HudsonHawk Send a message via MSN to HudsonHawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcatfball74 View Post
i agree it was a 10/10.

The same 2 guys were suppose to make the Halo movie but thats on hold, but if they end up making the movie, ican imagine it being very good, especially after seeing this movie.

I like how i was trying to predict what was going to happen but couldn't. Most movies are predictable this definately wasn't. Great plot/story too, verry good overall.

Might be one of the best movies i've seen this year.
No it was quite predictable still. You know as soon as he gets infected what's going to happen. Prior to that you have no clue of course. The first major sequence in district 9 was full of surprises. The movie is all kinds of awesome.

10/10 from me as well. Worth $12 ticket here in NYC
Unread Aug 16th, 2009, 04:20 AM   #2202 (permalink)
DI Extreme Addict

Send a message via AIM to ominae

District 9 - 7/10 (C+)

You can tell which films heavily influenced this movie. It was 1/3 documentary, 1/3 monster movie, 1/3 robocop lol

It was like 20 minutes of a beginning, and 1hr 45mins of an ending. there was no middle, you already knew what was going to happen. Like stated before the movie jumps around a lot, just when you are about to get sick from all the monotone interviews it jumps to shaky camera movement following them, like in cloverfield. Just when you are about to sick from that it stops. Then turns into a homage to the violence of robocop. It's a tell tale sign the writers didn't know where they were really going with it. (someone please f***n tell me why their mothershipped even came and stopped there)

Acting.. well not much to comment on there seeing as there really is only two actors. The antagonist really got on my nerves with his "bad ass" acting. The protagonist did a good job.

Non the less, for being a B movie the special were good and the movie was overall comedic and entertaining. The music worked well with the film.

District 9 is no where near a 10. It's a solid C+, I'd recommend seeing it once in theaters. Just don't expect some exciting climax. Oh and please don't call this film original, because as stated before it's a mesh of sci fi films.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Stev View Post
peter jackson does it again.
He was the producer not director or writer. This means he just attached his name to it to help fund the movie and get everything set up for the director to do his thing. Basically think of Jackson as the manager of the restaurant and Blomkamp as the chef.

Last edited by ominae : Aug 16th, 2009 at 04:54 AM.
ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Aug 17th, 2009, 02:04 AM   #2203 (permalink)
DI Extreme Addict

Send a message via AIM to Wildcatfball74

Quote:
Originally Posted by HudsonHawk View Post
No it was quite predictable still. You know as soon as he gets infected what's going to happen. Prior to that you have no clue of course. The first major sequence in district 9 was full of surprises. The movie is all kinds of awesome.

I knew that was predictable, but the ending i wasn't sure of, especially from seeing the previews. The previews were a bit misleading.

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-https://soundcloud.com/wildcatmashups-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-
Wildcatfball74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Aug 19th, 2009, 12:09 PM   #2204 (permalink)
Addict in Training

Terminator Salvation

8/10

I really like that they ignored T3 and that John Connor finally has some balls. The story was really well put together, and it exceeded expectations. Since I was 9 and saw the first Terminator movie I thought that they needed to make a movie set in the bleak war-torn future. Nearly 20 years later, They finally did.

Can't wait for the fifth installment. I noticed that reviews and critics trashed this movie. I've loved Terminator lore since i was a kid, I've seen T1 and T2 many many times, and T3 is fun for a destruction-fest, and I absolutely love Sarah Connor Chronicles. I felt that Terminator Salvation did the lore justice and hit the note it was aiming for.

It lost 2 points due to a couple of minor griping points that only a fan would really care about.
serial_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Aug 19th, 2009, 12:30 PM   #2205 (permalink)
Forum Moderator
Forum Staff

A Few Good Men - 9/10

I haven't seen it in several years, so I thought I would watch it again. Originally I would have given it about a 7 or an 8, but I think my tastes may have matured a bit. I don't really care for Tom Cruise's personal life stuff, but that's his own choice and right. It doesn't stop him from being a decent actor though. As for Jack Nickelson, well, I've always liked him. There was a part in the movie that was a lot mroe seirous before, that made me laugh this time. It occurs when Toms character is drunk, drinking Jack Daniel's. If you watch him, and his movements, and comments, and way of conversing... it is soooo like Charlie Harper from Two And A Half Men. It made me crack up laughing pretty good. I'm glad I watched it again.
Firebug is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Aug 20th, 2009, 03:59 PM   #2206 (permalink)
Regular Forum Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by HudsonHawk View Post

I'd probably give it a 9/10. It kept me on the edge of my seat throughout. Good action scenes, the beginning was a little slow with all those interviews, but the ending was well done. The special effects were pretty cool, especially all the different alien weapons. One thing I thought was pretty funny though was how many times they said "f*ck" in that movie haha. I mean sometimes they said it when it was completely unnecessary, like I would be sitting there wondering "well that didn't fit".

Overall though good movie, not a 10, but a solid 9. Good action scenes, full of suspense, etc. For the casual moviegoer such as myself it has satisfied my action cravings.

I Heart Uplifting Trance!
Cemoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Aug 20th, 2009, 06:51 PM   #2207 (permalink)
DI Extreme Addict

Send a message via AIM to DJ Stev Send a message via MSN to DJ Stev

Quote:
Originally Posted by ominae View Post
He was the producer not director or writer. This means he just attached his name to it to help fund the movie and get everything set up for the director to do his thing. Basically think of Jackson as the manager of the restaurant and Blomkamp as the chef.
well either way it was still an awesome movie. i loved lotr and i enjoyed king kong so this was another good one

http://www.mixcloud.com/311Musik/

Dj mixes by di.fm forum residents dj mel wildcatfball bonovoxx and dj stev
DJ Stev is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Aug 21st, 2009, 11:53 PM   #2208 (permalink)
DI Extreme Addict

Send a message via Yahoo to kra-z mex

Inglourious Basterds - 9/10

Loved the over the top Tarantino violence and I liked that there were multiple languages throughout the film. Some scenes seemed too long when some of it could have been shortened up.
kra-z mex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Aug 22nd, 2009, 02:23 PM   #2209 (permalink)
DI Extreme Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kra-z mex View Post

Loved the over the top Tarantino violence and I liked that there were multiple languages throughout the film. Some scenes seemed too long when some of it could have been shortened up.
Is it funny or not?
Wadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Aug 22nd, 2009, 02:48 PM   #2210 (permalink)
DI Extreme Addict

Send a message via AIM to DJ Stev Send a message via MSN to DJ Stev

Quote:
Originally Posted by kra-z mex View Post

im not really sure about this movie. i have yet to see it but IMO i think that ww2 movies should be presented in a certain respect. not some crazy all out action movie.

ok most ww2 movies are all out action. but the way they are filmed is different than this movie seems to be. this film to me seems like its gonna be a punisher warzone film (prob one of the unnecessary goriest movies ever!) as oppose to a saving pivate ryan type of film......

idk

http://www.mixcloud.com/311Musik/

Dj mixes by di.fm forum residents dj mel wildcatfball bonovoxx and dj stev
DJ Stev is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Aug 22nd, 2009, 04:39 PM   #2211 (permalink)
DI Extreme Addict

in theaters...

The Hurt Locker - 8/10
pretty good. another war movie so i look to see what's done differently. i found some interesting things. but overall, not ground breaking

District 9 - 9/10
great. the last shot of the movie will stick with me for a while. i won't say more
Unread Aug 22nd, 2009, 05:25 PM   #2212 (permalink)
DI Extreme Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by quetzalcoatl View Post
District 9 - 9/10
great. the last shot of the movie will stick with me for a while. i won't say more
until the sequel comes out - 3 years later
Unread Aug 22nd, 2009, 05:28 PM   #2213 (permalink)
DI Extreme Addict

Ironman 9/10

Very well made.
Unread Aug 22nd, 2009, 09:07 PM   #2214 (permalink)
DI Extreme Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcatfball74
The [District 9] previews were a bit misleading.
that's the best part! i saw two different previews in theaters. the first one made it look like an awesome thoughtful possible comedy. the second made it look like a lame "beat 'em up, kill 'em all" movie. i won't say how it actually turned out, and you all should be careful not to spoil it for others.

POSSIBLE SPOILTER ALERT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wadi View Post
until the [district 9] sequel comes out - 3 years later
some negative reviews on some sites have concerned this accusation that this movie is specifically structured to make a sequel inevitable, or even to spawn a video game franchise! now this may be debatable, but i do'nt think there will be a sequel, nor should there be. i think it ended perfectly, like a good anime or HBO mini-series. like what kind of a movie would the sequel be? a mindless revenge story?? i'm hoping the creators of disctrict 9 have more dignity than that.
Unread Aug 23rd, 2009, 04:13 PM   #2215 (permalink)
DI Extreme Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by quetzalcoatl View Post
like what kind of a movie would the sequel be? a mindless revenge story?? i'm hoping the creators of disctrict 9 have more dignity than that.
The storyline would just be more cockamamie stupidity full of special effects.

Dignity in Hollywood? never heard that one before.
Unread Aug 24th, 2009, 11:52 PM   #2216 (permalink)
DI Extreme Addict

Send a message via AIM to ominae

Inglorious Bastards 1/10

How can I sum this up in one word, boring. It's the one sin a movie should never do and that is bore it's audience. The dialogue, which seems to never end, is not even that funny. Endless scenes of people just sitting and talking... Tarintino has had great success with some of his older films like in pulp fiction and jackie brown, but he fails horribly in IB. It was marketed as some big action movie, and sure it has its violence, but give me a break it was like a tiny fraction of the never ending dull bar conversation.
ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Aug 25th, 2009, 12:37 AM   #2217 (permalink)
DI Chronic Addict

I just realized I haven't been to the movies in over a year.

http://www.oceana.org/sharks/home/
http://www.savingsharks.com
http://www.whitesharktrust.org
http://www.projectaware.org/americas/english/pts10tycd.asp

Next Aquasound project: AC 17
N-shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Aug 25th, 2009, 08:03 PM   #2218 (permalink)
Qualified Forum Addict

Send a message via MSN to djsyko

Orphan. 9/10

Best film I have seen in a while. The expected twist, wasn't even close to what I had imagined.

First time in ages I felt the money spent going to the cinema was not wasted.
Unread Aug 25th, 2009, 08:30 PM   #2219 (permalink)
Daydreaming Globetrotter

Quote:
Originally Posted by N-shark View Post
I just realized I haven't been to the movies in over a year.
That was me earlier. For the past several years I'd seen 1 or 2 movies in the theatres, but this summer Ive been on a movie-watching bonanza. Its nice to be able to discuss current movies again lol.

Up 6/10

I was warned this was quite sad, and sad it was indeed. I cried 3 different times during this movie, but at least it has a happy ending. This is by far the most adult of the movies Pixar/Disney have created, with scenes about miscarriage, death, absentee fathers, and a crazy person that has killed other people. A bit too heavy for the younger children, if you ask me.

I could do without the entire part of the movie that takes place in South America - I just did not care for the dogs or the explorer or the bird or any of that - and that is a majority of the film. The parts before and after I liked, and I also liked the montage near the end (that did take place in SA). One thing I also liked about the movie, besides the end, was how realistic in many ways Carl was, from the age spots on his hand, tennis balls on his walker, motorized seat and curmudgeon attitude. (I LOLed a few times as he reminded me of my grandmother so much). So, once again the animation was top notch.

Overall though I found this movie disappointing.

music is my 1st love ~ edm 4 life

All aboard travelling into a trancetastic future -d_o & I

Keep the peace flowing, the love growing, the unity going

Let the music take control of your body and your soul

Last edited by travelyogatrance : Aug 25th, 2009 at 08:33 PM.
travelyogatrance is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Aug 26th, 2009, 10:36 AM   #2220 (permalink)
DI Extreme Addict

Julie & Julia 2/10

BORING, BORING, BORING, BORING, BORING, BORING, BORING, BORING, BORING, BORING, BORING, BORING, BORING, BORING, BORING, BORING, BORING, BORING, BORING, BORING, BORING, BORING, BORING, BORING, BORING, BORING, BORING, BORING, BORING, BORING, BORING, BORING, BORING, BORING

DID I SAY BORING?