Digitally Imported Homepage

Go Back   Digitally Imported Forums > Help Desk > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread Oct 16th, 2010, 03:35 PM   #61 (permalink)
senfer

Exclamation

if you bringt this app up for BADA i will upgrade to premium for 1 year immediately
Unread Oct 16th, 2010, 03:40 PM   #62 (permalink)
Tech House

Send a message via AIM to Mike Louth Send a message via MSN to Mike Louth Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Louth

We will be looking into other platforms after we complete the Android application.

"A forum post should be like a skirt; long enough to cover the subject but short enough to keep things interesting."
Mike Louth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Oct 19th, 2010, 09:57 PM   #63 (permalink)
Addict in Training

Hello, similar to what another user reported, there are a number of "dead spots" on my way to work where I lose data connectivity. I'm only using a premium 64k, and would really not want to lower it to 40k, but the buffer is simply way too small.

The buffer seems to be somewhere around 48K, (using a stopwatch and some basic math) - any chance of, say, making that 480K? I don't see what harm it would do, I have ZERO problems waiting 15-20 seconds at the start if it avoids dropouts while I am sitting in traffic.

No traffic = fewer dropouts, but I can't tell the city to stay home so that I can go through the dead zones at 60MPH

Thanks for the consideration -

agressiv
agressiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Oct 27th, 2010, 02:38 PM   #64 (permalink)
Addict in Training

Hi all. First time, long time.

Is there a way to bookmark songs in the iPhone app? I only see an option to bookmark stations. This would really come in handy for reference and to purchase songs played.

Is there a way to do this? If not, will this be included in a future release? Thanks in advance.
Nubadopolis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Oct 29th, 2010, 11:03 AM   #65 (permalink)
Addict in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nubadopolis View Post
Hi all. First time, long time.

Is there a way to bookmark songs in the iPhone app? I only see an option to bookmark stations. This would really come in handy for reference and to purchase songs played.

Is there a way to do this? If not, will this be included in a future release? Thanks in advance.
just came by to ask the same thing! This would be great, ideally with Beatport or DJTunes integration :-)
stomph is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Nov 30th, 2010, 12:06 AM   #66 (permalink)
Digital Injection

This is excellent. Thanks soooo much for this. Been waiting 8 years for this

STRESS (strĕs) noun
- The confusion created when one's mind overrides the body's basic desire to choke the living shit out of some asshole who desperately deserves it.
XS-NRG is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Dec 1st, 2010, 07:28 PM   #67 (permalink)
Addict in Training

Send a message via AIM to r4ptur3m3
Thumbs up

Love this app for my iPhone!
r4ptur3m3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Dec 17th, 2010, 05:27 PM   #68 (permalink)
Addict in Training

Life is better with the new DI.FM App on my iPhone. The party can now be continued on the Go......
antramoksha is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Dec 20th, 2010, 01:40 PM   #69 (permalink)
Junior Addict

Congrats! DI.fm has my love at home, and now has it on the road with this great iPhone app! I'm even dropping my other streaming stations in favor of it.

Improvement Request: Would love to be able to flag a song as a favorite so I can chase it down at a later time (I love the DI.fm forums for each song). I currently just use the "screen shot" method to capture. I'll also add that the Soma FM iPhone GUI ie a really nice reference; I love the news update feature and ability to see listener counts, etc.

- Chance

Last edited by Chance42 : Dec 20th, 2010 at 01:47 PM.
Chance42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Dec 27th, 2010, 01:22 PM   #70 (permalink)
Senior Forum Addict

SomaFM app is still rubbish. It still crashes loading certain stations. The DI app is way better. Never once crashed on me. As you know the only thing missing is the ability to bookmark individual tracks.
Unread Dec 28th, 2010, 11:54 AM   #71 (permalink)
Addict in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddice View Post
SomaFM app is still rubbish. It still crashes loading certain stations. The DI app is way better. Never once crashed on me. As you know the only thing missing is the ability to bookmark individual tracks.
Well it definitely needs more improvement, that's for sure. But at least you can listen and do other things now. I have noticed continued stability issues with the SomaFM app and random pauses in the music that winds up crashing the app. Hopefully they recognize and correct this.
Nubadopolis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Dec 30th, 2010, 08:49 PM   #72 (permalink)
Junior Addict

just downloaded this awesome will be able to tune in with no bother if im not near a computer
wellsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Feb 18th, 2011, 01:21 AM   #73 (permalink)
Addict in Training

Thanks so much for the iPhone app. I just downloaded it so I am looking forward to using it this weekend as opposed to some of the other workarounds. I am sure I will resubscribe to the Premium soon too.
renesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Feb 25th, 2011, 10:18 PM   #74 (permalink)
Addict in Training

I used the iPhone last weekend while on a trip and compared it to the electronic stations on Sirius and had forgotten how badly the Sirius channels are compressed. I am putting a new head unit in my car and was thinking about getting the Sirius tuner for hill country drives with my car club where I might not be able to pick up a signal to stream di.fm but after comparing them, I don't think I can justify spending the extra on the tuner plus the monthly fee for that quality. I will just have my iPhone4 loaded up with tunes when I am in an area with no signal.

Thanks again for the iPhone app and will there be the possibility of adding Sky.fm for Premium users? That would make me sign back up in a heartbeat since I listen in the car a lot more than at home due to my traveling for work.
renesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Feb 26th, 2011, 02:06 AM   #75 (permalink)
Tech House

Send a message via AIM to Mike Louth Send a message via MSN to Mike Louth Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Louth

http://www.sky.fm/apps/iphone

"A forum post should be like a skirt; long enough to cover the subject but short enough to keep things interesting."
Unread Feb 28th, 2011, 01:03 PM   #76 (permalink)
Junior Addict

I'm at 10 gigs streamed, never reset. Great app.

Reminders would be great. I have to do reminders on my calendar for now.
miketrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Mar 3rd, 2011, 01:06 PM   #77 (permalink)
Junior Addict

Send a message via AIM to justdoitasu

Gotta love this!!!
justdoitasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Mar 6th, 2011, 05:52 AM   #78 (permalink)
Junior Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by redscull View Post
The buffer in the di.fm iPhone app is not large enough to cover higher bitrate streams for very long. And that means that streaming those higher bitrates (without dropouts) is only possible on extremely stable internet connections. It's not di's fault that my internet connection is unstable, but being able to select a larger buffer would alleviate all of my problems. So I humbly ask for that option.

Settling for 64 Kb/s effectively doubles my buffer relative to 128 Kb/s, and is usually enough for my particular situation, but I'd rather utilize a larger buffer with a higher bitrate if I could.
Disclaimer: I do development for iPhone and high-performance network programs.

Softbank network in Japan has a throttling system where they throttle a connection down to almost nothing if it looks to the network like it's a large download file, unless the network is uncongested. (e.g. downloading at high speed more than 2-3 Mb) Thus I experience intermittent dropouts, etc, even on 64kb/s streams.

As the above poster mentioned the buffer is too small in some situations. Thus I would recommend changing the size dynamically, e.g. if the buffer runs out you increase the size of the buffer before restarting playback. If this happens often on e.g. 3G connections you could save that information to make it automatically buffer more.

Also, the startup of the app is kinda slow, it seems to download data before allowing you to do anything. This really should be handled in the background, loaded lazily and/or be cached.
Unread Mar 6th, 2011, 05:57 AM   #79 (permalink)
Tech House

Have you downloaded the updated version 1.1? We have added a much better buffering algorithm.

Unread Mar 7th, 2011, 09:20 AM   #80 (permalink)
Addict in Training

New version is just awesome! Streaming is now much more stable and I can even listen while driving without dropouts! That's so cool, thanks to DI.FM!!!
goafreak is offline   Reply With Quote