Digitally Imported Homepage

Go Back   Digitally Imported Forums > Help Desk > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread Sep 2nd, 2010, 11:01 PM   #1 (permalink)
Tech House

Send a message via AIM to Mike Louth Send a message via MSN to Mike Louth Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Louth
Exclamation Official Android Application Released!

We have officially released our Android application to the Android Market! Please head to http://www.di.fm/apps/android to download!

Our official app is not quite ready yet and there are so many versions of android with different devices and different set ups unlike the iPhone - we thought it best to throw our BETA version of the app to the public in order to get some solid testing done.

So if you simply can't wait for our official public release, you can download our BETA version over at:
http://www.di.fm/apps/android

Crash logs are automatically sent back to us in order to make things easier for you, BUT if you feel like you have some specific feedback you can drop us a note at mobileapps@di.fm (please be sure to include which device you use, what version of android is on said device and what connection type you are using i.e 3G/wifi).

Hope you enjoy the sneak peak and let us know what you think!

Mike Louth
DI Radio

"A forum post should be like a skirt; long enough to cover the subject but short enough to keep things interesting."

Last edited by Mike Louth : Apr 28th, 2011 at 03:47 PM.
Mike Louth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Sep 3rd, 2010, 08:07 AM   #2 (permalink)
MisterAnonymous

Been using it today for a few hours.
Simple and great interface, really easy and quick to use.
Seems to be really stable here to (android 2.2, htc desire)

Love it!
Unread Sep 3rd, 2010, 07:58 PM   #3 (permalink)
Perdition

Default Android app

I think the android app is fantastic... Works well on my HTC Legend... This is FUNTASTIC!

I'd like to get the bitrate a bit higher but it sounds better than my satellite radio subscription through sirius/xm... LOL

NICE JOB!

I LOVE IT!

NOW I DO NOT HAVE TO LISTEN TO AWFUL RADIO ANYMORE!!!
Unread Sep 3rd, 2010, 08:02 PM   #4 (permalink)
Perdition

Default Perd again

Hey guys!

Ok, so I was able to log into my premium account, but not really sure if I notice any drastic difference...

Regardless, I love this app and am happy with the beta project!

Keep up the good work, boys!

I'll be sure to renew my premium subscription again, and again and again...
Unread Sep 4th, 2010, 12:10 AM   #5 (permalink)
DI Extreme Addict

Send a message via MSN to J!SH! Send a message via Skype™ to J!SH!

is it compatible with droid tablets?

i have a droid slate and i want to install it on that but im not sure if its compatible

if you want to track me down outside of DI search jishua9
J!SH! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Sep 4th, 2010, 04:08 AM   #6 (permalink)
Senior Forum Addict

works fine on my Sony Ericsson Xperia X10
Solitudes Radioshow on Chillout Dreams Channel every second and fourth sunday of the month at 11:00 EST / 16:00 GMT
http://thedjlist.com/djs/MARTIN_GREY/
http://mixes.beatport.com/dj/martingrey/985
Martin Grey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Sep 5th, 2010, 01:45 AM   #7 (permalink)
Addict in Training

This application is not working on my HTC EVO from Sprint. I am running Froyo 2.2. When I tap a channel, the channel loads, but there is no audio. I see past songs played, but the current song does not play. All I see is the spinning circle in the middle of the screen, then the circle goes away for a few seconds, then the circle comes back. This repeats until I close the app. I tried changing the stream to MP3 from AAC and I still get the same problem. I only tested over 3G. This happened with the DI app version 0.7.0, as well as the current 0.7.2.

Last edited by myelin1 : Sep 5th, 2010 at 01:54 AM.
myelin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Sep 5th, 2010, 04:28 AM   #8 (permalink)
Addict in Training

Works fine on Samsung i5700 with Android 2.1.
simontraum is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Sep 5th, 2010, 03:26 PM   #9 (permalink)
sskott

Default good from wifi

so far does well wifi 256k

curious to see how it does while im driving and using droid 2.2 as a navigation as well.
Unread Sep 6th, 2010, 01:26 AM   #10 (permalink)
Senior Forum Addict

Works alright on my G1 the quality is a little choppy but it is not too bad and it is fine plus it is great when I am up north and have no computer and only my phone it is an amazing app thanks you guys
rtigue50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Sep 8th, 2010, 08:39 AM   #11 (permalink)
Addict in Training

So far it works great on the droid 1 running 2.2 with the latest updates that fixed aac streaming.

The only thing I don't like is it prevents the screen timeout. I can just manually turn the screen off, but when the di app is running it will just do the auto dim after a while, but keep it on like its a video.
jpayne97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Sep 8th, 2010, 08:08 PM   #12 (permalink)
Senior Forum Addict

yea it is nice but the timeout thing is a little inconvenience but it works well and the quality is pretty fine
Unread Sep 8th, 2010, 08:29 PM   #13 (permalink)
Senior Forum Addict

what is the direct URL to DI from my droid m.di.fm or what? I need to know cuz i won't always have access to the forum so is it m.di.fm cuz that works on my phone
Unread Sep 8th, 2010, 08:42 PM   #14 (permalink)
Tech House

Send a message via AIM to Mike Louth Send a message via MSN to Mike Louth Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Louth

www.di.fm

"A forum post should be like a skirt; long enough to cover the subject but short enough to keep things interesting."
Unread Sep 9th, 2010, 08:04 AM   #15 (permalink)
Tacos!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by myelin1 View Post
This application is not working on my HTC EVO from Sprint. I am running Froyo 2.2. When I tap a channel, the channel loads, but there is no audio. I see past songs played, but the current song does not play. All I see is the spinning circle in the middle of the screen, then the circle goes away for a few seconds, then the circle comes back. This repeats until I close the app. I tried changing the stream to MP3 from AAC and I still get the same problem. I only tested over 3G. This happened with the DI app version 0.7.0, as well as the current 0.7.2.
This....with the exception I've only tried 0.7.2. Modified my bandwidth settings to the lower speeds...also tried connecting with regular and premium accounts. No luck. I have a pretty strong 3G signal also. I also have GPS turned off...if that matters.

edit: I switched over to the WiFi network in my office and the stream immediately picked up. Sounds great...although this setup is not much different than listening to my pic here in the office. I'll have to try the WiFi away from here and see how things go.

As for the interface, it looks awesome. Very clean and easy to understand. I do have one request, though...when I'm finished listening (or using any other app), I'm a stickler about killing the app off. I wish there was a way, from the menu, to terminate the execution of the program.

Last edited by boomboom : Sep 9th, 2010 at 08:15 AM.
boomboom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Sep 9th, 2010, 10:30 AM   #16 (permalink)
Tech House

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomboom View Post
As for the interface, it looks awesome. Very clean and easy to understand. I do have one request, though...when I'm finished listening (or using any other app), I'm a stickler about killing the app off. I wish there was a way, from the menu, to terminate the execution of the program.
This part at least, will be in the final version.

Can you also send a copy of your comment to mobileapps@di.fm?

Unread Sep 14th, 2010, 04:54 AM   #17 (permalink)
RoelandNagel

Thumbs up Works fine on WiFi with Galaxy S

Just installed the Droid app, no problems. So app is compatible with following set-up:
Samsung Galaxy S
Android 2.1
WiFi
256K MP3 stream

Will test 3G connection later today.

Keep up the good work! In later stages maybe there is time for some eye-candy and useful features such as equalizer.
Unread Sep 15th, 2010, 03:21 PM   #18 (permalink)
Addict in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomboom View Post
This....with the exception I've only tried 0.7.2. Modified my bandwidth settings to the lower speeds...also tried connecting with regular and premium accounts. No luck. I have a pretty strong 3G signal also. I also have GPS turned off...if that matters.

edit: I switched over to the WiFi network in my office and the stream immediately picked up. Sounds great...although this setup is not much different than listening to my pic here in the office. I'll have to try the WiFi away from here and see how things go.

Also on evo, and only works over wifi. Interface is awesome though. Can't wait for official update.
eSanto is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Sep 15th, 2010, 07:05 PM   #19 (permalink)
Senior Forum Addict

it has worked fine for me I have the first droid the G1 and it streams it pretty well and is a must when I have very little internet connectivity like up north I just wish it was like the site and we could change stations
go to Electric Forest!!! it is the best
Unread Sep 16th, 2010, 02:43 PM   #20 (permalink)
Qualified Forum Addict

Send a message via AIM to XanderII

Htc Incredible. Umm the app is cool and all, but I think you should really look at some real player software for some help regarding establishing connections and keeping them regardless of system used. Good work guys! Keep it up!