Digitally Imported Homepage

Go Back   Digitally Imported Forums > Daily Life > News and Current Events
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread Nov 5th, 2006, 12:26 PM   #21 (permalink)
DI Critical Mass

i know it looks an excuse, but i work with computers in my professional life and i need to use internet.

But i'm more an DI addict
Piccoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Nov 5th, 2006, 01:57 PM   #22 (permalink)
DI Extreme Addict

16 Hours...but i'm more a DI.fm addict
Unread Nov 5th, 2006, 02:00 PM   #23 (permalink)
Senior Forum Addict

Send a message via MSN to Cibo

I use internet a lot but somehow the question weren't the right ones so I scored low. I guess it is used to find really serious addictions as someone said. I don't like surfing around internet, looking for new and interesting sites. I'm mostly using irc and checking the same old, forums/deviantart/webcomics/e-mail. I just do that for long periods of time because I do live in a bit remote town and even my friends here live miles away. We can't get together anytime we want so it's handy to talk in irc. And you know, it really is cheaper to talk in irc than to call and your ear doesn't get sore Besides I can turn of the whole computer for weeks if I want to. (Yes, I've done that. Actually I need it from time to time.)
Unread Nov 5th, 2006, 02:10 PM   #24 (permalink)
DI Extreme Addict

Send a message via MSN to i'mthechosen1 Send a message via Skype™ to i'mthechosen1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterRick$Q
16 Hours...but i'm more a DI.fm addict
don't you have to go to school or work and a litlle bit sleep and sometimes to eat ?
Unread Nov 5th, 2006, 02:30 PM   #25 (permalink)
Regular Forum Addict

I scored 48

You are an average on-line user. You may surf the Web a bit too long at times, but you have control over your usage.
Unread Nov 5th, 2006, 03:53 PM   #26 (permalink)
DI Chronic Addict

Post 32....

You are an average on-line user. You may surf the Web a bit too long at times, but you have control over your usage.

http://www.mixcloud.com/FiNCoRe/

**2013 Free for All Mix competion in full effect now, votes are due April 4th. DI Community Competition forum, take a listen!**
Fincore is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Nov 5th, 2006, 06:37 PM   #27 (permalink)
HappyHardcore.com

Oh dear.. I'm still winning
enVias is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Nov 6th, 2006, 09:49 AM   #28 (permalink)
DI Extreme Addict

33, but I must say my score would be in the 60's or higher at other points in my life. Right now my job keeps me offline for most of the time and has culled most of the excessive post-whoring and news hounding I did for a long, long (perhaps disturbingly long) time.

If I get a blackberry soon I'll just have every forum subscribed to so it will automatically check it for me, so more Web in less time
Unread Nov 6th, 2006, 12:30 PM   #29 (permalink)
DI Chronic Addict

Default 27

chisbu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Nov 6th, 2006, 01:56 PM   #30 (permalink)
DI Chronic Addict

My score is 12.
I'm usually not online at all during the weekends due to slow modem speed at home. So, I'm most often on while here at work.

Human life has lost the dignity it once had and death is more predictable than living. - Lucky Dube
Circa2201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Nov 27th, 2006, 09:44 PM   #31 (permalink)
Junior Addict

no need to take the survey. the answer is YES
people_nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Nov 28th, 2006, 02:59 AM   #32 (permalink)
DI Extreme Addict

The symptoms are retarded. I had no social life before I had a computer. Since I got a computer and the internet my physical activity has greatly increased.
ChArBrOiL is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Nov 28th, 2006, 06:20 AM   #33 (permalink)
Regular Forum Addict

Send a message via MSN to Godfather1930 Send a message via Yahoo to Godfather1930

Score : 66
You are experiencing occasional or frequent problems because of the Internet. You should consider their full impact on your life.

Best Tune : Veracocha - Carte Blanche
Best Dj's : Armin Van Buuren & Above and Beyond
Best Trance Event : Sensation - White Edition 2005
Best Trance Radio Show : ASOT & TATW
Best Trance Radio : Digitally Imported Radio
Godfather1930 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Nov 28th, 2006, 06:55 AM   #34 (permalink)
Senior Forum Addict

Score 41.

It's a bit silly. I've worked for ISP's and Telco's so the questionaire is a bit skewed considering I'm online in one way or another for 80pc of my life.

The reality is that the PC is on 24x7 and gets visited as and when required at home. The Internet is so much more interesting than TV.

A better question to put would be - "What's the first thing you organise when you move house?"

I know what the answer to that would be. If I didn't have access, I would go nuts. So in that respect - call me an addict.
Sysadmins, don't let the human link in your security chain let your hard work go to waste. And hackers, don't let sysadmins get away with weak links, when it is their chains that are holding your data.
ciscobiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Nov 28th, 2006, 09:10 AM   #35 (permalink)
DI Extreme Addict

Send a message via AIM to Rapter Send a message via MSN to Rapter Send a message via Yahoo to Rapter

i got 24...

Quote:

funny.. when i spend atleast 80-100 hours a week online
♪ www.soundcloud.com/isatek ♪
Isatek

May the Music be with you.
Rapter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Nov 28th, 2006, 11:23 AM   #36 (permalink)
Loading ...

Send a message via AIM to <=M=>

I think this topic is very real. I wouldn't say I have an "online" addiction, however I DID have an online WOW addiction.

About a year ago, it's all I ever did. I didn't want to do anything with my wife, my friends, do freelance. I'd come home from work, and play the game, when I was away from the game it's all I ever thought about. I would plan my week, and weekend around my game-playing time.

My wife got furious over it, and I realized one day that I've wasted and spent all this time and money playing World of Warcraft. After enough screaming matches with her, it finally sunk into my thick head that I am not only hurting my marriage, my life, my friends, but myself and my health.

I learned one HUGE lesson, while I still play video games, and spend time on the computer. (I'm a graphic designer, so the computer is my life). I have learned to limit myself and to have self-control.

It wasn't easy playing until 2 - 3 in the morning, than getting up at 7 to go to work. ISH!

1. Lying about how much time is spent online.

Oh yea, "Yea .. I only play maybe once or twice a week." yea .. right

2. General decrease of physical activity and social life.

I began spending less time with my wife. Daily activities: rock climbing, playing/making music, design: kinda came to a hault.

3. Neglecting obligations at home, work, or school to spend time online.

Yep

4. Spending too much money on computer equipment or Internet activities.

I never bought characters on eBay or such, but I did spend real-life money on WoW gold. Yes I know it's pathedic, but I enjoyed it. I now realize that it was a problem. Again people can do it with self-control and limit themselves, but if you have the money to do it, than why not. It's all about self-control. But if you have none, than that's when it becomes dangerous.

5. Feeling a constant desire to be online when they're away from the computer.

All the time. If I wasn't playing WoW, I was thinking "when will I be able to", and for how long? If i wasn't in WoW, I wanted to be.

6. Going online to escape real world problems.

Um, not so much. I didn't have real life drama, or issues that needed to be faced. I don't run from my problems, I like to face them.

7. Disregarding the emotional or physical consequences of being in front of a computer all day.

My eyes tell it all. I still have to go get them checked out. My vision is starting to go. It's not from playing WoW, well that dosn't help. But YEARS of looking at a monitor.

***ALSO this is a serious note. DO NOT view monitors less than 80mhz refresh rate // 75 maybe... but seriously if you look at a monitor set to 60-70mhz refresh rate. IT'LL KILL YOUR EYES!

8. Denial of the problem.

What problem? /// Yea I didn't know I had a problem, or face up to have a problem because how can you be addicted to a video game? Well .. WoW was my digital crack.

I know some of you may chuckle at this, hell I do. But I'm just glad it's over.
Unread Nov 28th, 2006, 11:37 AM   #37 (permalink)
Senior Forum Addict

this test proves nothing. i scored 16%. i do whatever it needs to be done around the house, i enjoy good social life, im well built, have no problems in school, yet im still 3-4 (sometimes more, some days less however) hours online per day, which is quite a lot if you ask me.
Unread Nov 28th, 2006, 12:29 PM   #38 (permalink)
DI Extreme Addict

I love being on the internet and updating my livejournal, downloading some music, shopping....I mean, hey! It's my favorite free time activity!
Unread Dec 1st, 2006, 09:06 PM   #39 (permalink)
Regular Forum Addict

Send a message via AIM to DnBer

Im pretty sure i am online too much but i wouldnt avoid real life social situations to be on the internet.
DnBer is offline   Reply With Quote