Digitally Imported Homepage

Go Back   Digitally Imported Forums > Daily Life > Personal Life and Relationships
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread Jan 30th, 2008, 12:58 PM   #1 (permalink)
DI Chronic Addict

Default 10 steps to being a better S/O ...seriously

http://men.msn.com/guides/10best/art...1665&GT1=10821

Be a better wife/girlfriend:

1) Take care of yourself
2) Say thank you, often
3) Keep the romance alive
4) Let him have "guy time"
5) Make your husband/boyfriend a priority
6) Don't try to change him
7) Don’t make him guess—tell him what you want
8) Cultivate friends and interests outside your marriage/relationship
9) Let free time be free
10) Believe in your man, and let him know it

Now if you're already doing that ^ then it's his fault!

So, gentlemen...to be a better husband/boyfriend:
http://men.msn.com/guides/10best/art...mentid=6013996

Quote:
1) Take an interest in something your wife is really passionate about. This can be especially tough for guys, because we generally feel that if someone else has interests that differ from ours, they're morons. It's not an easy task, and being able to show interest in something that matters to someone you love shows growth—and that's terrifying. Good, but terrifying. Accomplish this and you'll make her feel better about herself, and you get better insight into what makes her tick.

2) Put the kids to bed.
Once a week give her the night off and put the kids to bed by yourself. Let her take a hot bath, read a book, or check gossip on the Web and forget about the kids. I'm always amazed how happy this makes my wife. It ranks somewhere between low-end jewelry and a Hawaiian vacation.

3) Learn to apologize.
This is the easiest one, and the hardest one. A marriage is a marathon, and we all fly off the handle too quick or let our temper get the best of us sometimes. When you're wrong, it's best to step up and apologize. It's amazing how fast "I'm sorry" can defuse a stupid argument about something you can't even remember.

4) Thank her for putting up with you.
Every once in a while, just thank her for putting up with you. That's all you have to say. Don't launch into a list of your faults, or the story about coming home two days late from that Vegas bachelor party. Just thank her, and let her know that you understand that you're not the easiest person in the world to live with.

5) Clean up after yourself. <<<<<
Take care of that late night snack or morning cereal bowl. Setting them in the sink is one thing, but go that extra mile and actually put them in the dishwasher. After all, no one enjoys scraping bacon dip off a bowl that's been sitting too long or smelling the chili from the night before. A beer bottle on the counter the next morning is even worse.

6) Make time for just the two of you.
Take her on a date once a month. Surprise her by arranging child care, ordering a pizza for the kids, and getting a sitter. She will be so thrilled at your ability to take care of the details that reservations at the best restaurant in town aren't even necessary. The fact that you love her enough to do this would make a Big Mac taste like cracked crab.

7) Groom yourself.
Don't embarrass her when you venture out of the house. Check the ears, nose, neck and yes, feet for hair or other growths that shouldn't be there. She not only wants you to impress her friends by how you act, but also by how you look.

8) Get away from the family.
Yep, you're getting a free pass. This takes a left turn from the others, but it's essential. Get away from all your responsibilities and go camping or on a golf outing with the guys. You'll laugh, relax, and recharge your batteries. And all three will make you a much better husband when you return.

9) Deal with your side of the family.
Help your wife set expectations with your side of the family when it comes to making plans. Don't make her inform your parents that they won't be seeing their grandkids on Christmas this year—pick up the phone and do it yourself. Dealing with extended family can be a huge stress throughout the year, and you don't want the burden to fall entirely on her.

10) Don't lose your dating manners.
Remember, she's your wife, not one of your buddies. Don't burp during dinner, or squeeze one out during the movie as she's reaching for the popcorn. You wouldn't have done that while you were dating, and you shouldn't do it now. Continue to try and impress her. Do everything you can to keep the fire alive, and fight the urge to let the passion die. Find the new, hot place to eat or take her to see a cool band that's in town. Have fun, laugh, and make sure you tell her how great she looks.
Did they leave anything out?

After Monday and Tuesday even the calendar says W T F.
W i l l o w is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Jan 30th, 2008, 01:32 PM   #2 (permalink)
Senior Forum Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by W i l l o w View Post
http://men.msn.com/guides/10best/art...1665&GT1=10821

Be a better wife/girlfriend:

1) Take care of yourself
2) Say thank you, often
3) Keep the romance alive
4) Let him have "guy time"
5) Make your husband/boyfriend a priority
6) Don't try to change him
7) Don’t make him guess—tell him what you want
8) Cultivate friends and interests outside your marriage/relationship
9) Let free time be free
10) Believe in your man, and let him know it

Now if you're already doing that ^ then it's his fault!

So, gentlemen...to be a better husband/boyfriend:
http://men.msn.com/guides/10best/art...mentid=6013996

Did they leave anything out?
Isn't it kinda dangerous for people that take this too literally? You know, there are many relations that have one partner that is too good for this world and the other one that abuses the good will of their partner.

How should they deal with this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shahsxfx View Post
Can I still fart in bed?

Man, I love this guys. Dude, I hope you never leave di.fm or get banned.

http://thaman.is-music.net/mixtapes/

Thaman... In.... The.... Mix!!....
Hit Hard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Jan 30th, 2008, 02:03 PM   #3 (permalink)
Senior Forum Addict

Quote:
Here is a problem, people work hard to look good, and to be in shape and to be up to date while they are dating.
After they get married it all goes to poop! God knows how many chicks I've seen pack on the pounds like it was a matter of life and death, cut their hair short, stop wearing contacts, start wearing sweat pants around the house then wonder why their sex lives are dead and or why their husband is working really late at work with his new female coworker.
And the same for guys, look good, smell good, work out, get married....grow a pot belly wear riped clothes and well generly become a fat pig. And the wonder why they aren't getting any.
Being married is hard work! A lot harder than just dating! In dating you have this danger of loosing the other person so you work hard to keep them, but once you are married....people start asking "why work hard? I have what i want!"
Not over here, man. In Belgium, they mostly get divorced after 2 years.

always for the same 2 reasons, either:

1. Fighting too much
2. cheating

On 28 April, my parents will be married for 30 years and they are still happy with each other.

They are a very rare case. They say it themselfs. "Nowadays, if you wanna be in, you have to cheat. So that means we're not in or hip, but we don't care".

Same goes for my aunt and uncle, on 23 april, they will be married for 20 years...

VERY rare cases.

Unread Jan 30th, 2008, 02:41 PM   #4 (permalink)
DI Chronic Addict

Quote:
Can I still fart in bed?
I wouldn't reccommend it....

Quote:
This is a story about a couple who had been happily married for years. The only friction in their marriage was the husband's habit of farting loudly every morning when he awoke. The noise would wake his wife and the smell would make her eyes water and make her gasp. Every morning she would plead with him to stop ripping them off because it was making her sick. He told her he couldn't stop it and that it was perfectly natural. She told him to see a doctor; she was concerned that one day he would blow his guts out.

The years went by and he continued to blast them out! Then one morning as she was preparing the turkey for dinner and he was upstairs sound asleep, she looked at the bowl where she had put the turkey innards and neck, gizzard, liver and all the spare parts and a malicious thought came to her. She took the bowl and went upstairs where her husband was sound asleep and, gently pulling back the bed covers, she pulled back the elastic waistband of his underpants and emptied the bowl of turkey guts into his shorts.

Some time later she heard her husband waken with his usual trumpeting which was followed by a blood curdling scream and the sound of frantic footsteps as he ran into the bathroom. The wife could hardly control herself as she rolled on the floor laughing, tears in her eyes! After years of torture she reckoned she had got him back pretty good. About
twenty minutes later, her husband came downstairs in his bloodstained underpants with a look of horror on his face. She bit her lip as she asked him what was the matter.

He said, "Honey, you were right. All these years you have warned me and I didn't listen to you." "What do you mean?" asked his wife. "Well, you always told me that one day
I would end up farting my guts out, and today it finally happened.But with luck, some Vaseline, and two fingers, I think I got most of them back in."

Unread Jan 30th, 2008, 02:44 PM   #5 (permalink)
DI Chronic Addict

Quote:
Here is a problem, people work hard to look good, and to be in shape and to be up to date while they are dating.
After they get married it all goes to poop! God knows how many chicks I've seen pack on the pounds like it was a matter of life and death, cut their hair short, stop wearing contacts, start wearing sweat pants around the house then wonder why their sex lives are dead and or why their husband is working really late at work with his new female coworker.
And the same for guys, look good, smell good, work out, get married....grow a pot belly wear riped clothes and well generly become a fat pig. And the wonder why they aren't getting any.
Being married is hard work! A lot harder than just dating! In dating you have this danger of loosing the other person so you work hard to keep them, but once you are married....people start asking "why work hard? I have what i want!"
Come here you!!

that's for telling BOTH sides of the story honestly.....and stating flat out that yes, marriage is hard work...for BOTH people involved. But it also has many rewards

It's a grand institution to be in and everyone should be in one institution or another.

Unread Jan 30th, 2008, 02:55 PM   #6 (permalink)
Senior Forum Addict

Quote:
Belgium is a tough place to stay married! I visited my very very good friend in Belgium about two years ago and well....I could have easily seen my self divorcing Miss Bender selling my condo and chasing Belgium girls for the rest of my life!
I don't know what it is, maybe the beer or the chocolates but Belgium girls have killer bodies and amazing personalities!
Miss. Bender wasn't happy! In the states she is considered hot because she is blond and blue eyed and skinny but with curves. But in Belgium she was just another so so girl!
In Belgium starting a relationship or getting married is like pushing a rock on top of a cliff and making sure it doesn't fall off the cliff.

Unread Jan 30th, 2008, 03:05 PM   #7 (permalink)
Senior Forum Addict

Quote:
Yeah I blame hot Belgium girls! Not only are you girls really good looking but.......well hate to say it, you are really easy to talk to and thus saduce. I'm telling you I was using some of the oldest and lamest tactics I knew with great success. Be it Miss. Bender wasn't happy with all the flirting I was doing nor all the phone numbers in my pocket but still.....if I lived in your country and I was with Miss. Bender and she gave me any crap, be it lost her sex drive and or gained 20kg.....i would be off like a prom dress!
Any man who can keep it to gether in Belgium has my props! Because in Belgium, it aint easy!
That's actually why I'm happy that never had a relation and I'm still single. You can't get hurted or get cheated if you don't have anything.

Whenever I say this at home, my mother gets kinda pissed and my father has an "here we go again" attitude.

Unread Jan 30th, 2008, 03:23 PM   #8 (permalink)
Senior Forum Addict

Quote:
Oh come on! You have to go out and play the game. Even if it's not serious, just to flirt.
It's a use it or loose it kind of thig. Go out, meet new people, flirt your heart out, get guys to buy you all kinds of nice stuff and then look around for something serious.
But in the mean time scare your parents by saying
1) I think I'm going to become a nun!
2) Mom.....I think I'm a man trapped in a womans body! Is it ok if I pee standing up!
Eh, you do know I'm a guy right?

Unread Jan 30th, 2008, 03:46 PM   #9 (permalink)
Senior Forum Addict

Quote:
Oh sorry mate well go the other way.
1) Tell your parents you are going to be a nun
2) Mom I think I'm a woman trapped in a man's body may i try on your shoes.

As for the flirting, do it.....but.....well if you want you can flirt with the guys....but if that's not your gig go for the girls.
And from what I saw it's harder for Belgium girls to keep guys than Belgium guys to keep girls.
I'm not gay, totally not, I'll tell you that.

Man, I've seen the other side from Belgian girls. They get their kicks for trying to Mentally Break a guy (insulting, humiliating)

I know what I'm talking off, I got teased in school for 13,5 years by guys, girls and immigrants.

The guys became less when I was 15/16. Immigrants ended when I was 16, for some reason they got respect for me. But girls...

Everytime I was alone waiting for the bus and there was one of those bitches who either teased me or was a "going along with the crowd" person, they looked at me with that look that says "please don't rape me" or "oh, no he's going to talk to me". But I had and still have that look that says "what the hell are you looking at?" sometimes with combined with the look that says "Leave me Alone". You know, that icy cold look.

Yep, I'm no Macguyver or Tom Cruise.

Plus I believe in only one power, one that can't be shattered any how, the power of music.

I don't really mind being alone, my cousin on the other hand...

Unread Jan 30th, 2008, 04:19 PM   #10 (permalink)
Endless Blue
Forum Staff

Put the kids to bed.

Why is that on the list...it's not a chore or something...I wouldn't want to miss it!

23-03-2002 - 06-04-2010 RIP Murciélago
Dustwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Jan 30th, 2008, 04:28 PM   #11 (permalink)
Senior Forum Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustwave View Post
Put the kids to bed.

Why is that on the list...it's not a chore or something...I wouldn't want to miss it!
Who would?

Unread Jan 30th, 2008, 05:00 PM   #12 (permalink)
Endless Blue
Forum Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hit Hard View Post
Who would?
Well since it's on that list, apparently a lot of people...

23-03-2002 - 06-04-2010 RIP Murciélago
Dustwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Jan 30th, 2008, 06:57 PM   #13 (permalink)
DI Extreme Addict

Send a message via AIM to its-exit

Quote:
or just the particular person who wrote that....

Anyway... I'd love to put my kids to bed... and I dont have a problem doing any of that stuff on the list....

My problem is finding a woman who can do what I need (some of the stuff on that list)
Unread Jan 30th, 2008, 07:23 PM   #14 (permalink)
Qualified Forum Addict

Send a message via AIM to DasHnGasH Send a message via Yahoo to DasHnGasH

Quote:
Can I still fart in bed?
I think that is fine and dandy as long as you don't follow up by throwing the blanket over your spouse's head to hold in the smell, good for a ton of laughs but not good dating/marriage etiquette.
Unread Jan 30th, 2008, 11:22 PM   #15 (permalink)
DI Extreme Addict

Quote:
You know, there are many relations that have one partner that is too good for this world and the other one that abuses the good will of their partner.

How should they deal with this?
You know this is very very very very true!

And the answer is, as Stevie Wonder put it:

"If you're locked in a marriage and your other half just gives you abuse,
yet you've convinced yourself that there's no way out... shame on you!"

Unread Jan 31st, 2008, 07:58 AM   #16 (permalink)
DI Chronic Addict

Quote:
Put the kids to bed.
Quote:
Who would?
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by its-exit View Post
or just the particular person who wrote that....
Ufortunately, there are men who would rather the kids come to them for the good night hug/kiss so that they don't have to get up off the couch or away from the TV or stop whatever it is that they are doing. It is these men the article refers to.

"Traditionally" it has been one of the woman's jobs to put the kids to bed....

A "job" I very much enjoy doing !

Unread Jan 31st, 2008, 08:01 AM   #17 (permalink)
DI Chronic Addict

Quote:
Ufortunately, there are men who would rather the kids come to them for the good night hug/kiss so that they don't have to get up off the couch or away from the TV or stop whatever it is that they are doing. It is these men the article refers to.

yeah i can only remember a few times my dad tucking me in to bed! my mum always did it and she did it for a long time! she still kinda tucks me in only its more like the other way around since she goes to bed earlyer then i do!
i love mums <3

..Can we dance like everythings alright.. can we trade the day into the night..
Jilly_baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Jan 31st, 2008, 10:15 AM   #18 (permalink)
DI Extreme Addict

Send a message via AIM to its-exit

Quote:

oh!!

now it makes sense....

How could you possibly expect us to stop playing Halo3 to tuck the kids into bed?!?!

Unread Jan 31st, 2008, 11:42 AM   #19 (permalink)
DI Chronic Addict

Send a message via MSN to Xyz_39808 Send a message via Skype™ to Xyz_39808

Eh? Tucked in bed...

...the heck does that mean?

Missed our tag team set "Parting Tributes" but still wanna hear?
Find it here! http://soundcloud.com/ridleyxyz/
Xyz_39808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Jan 31st, 2008, 12:22 PM   #20 (permalink)
Senior Forum Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xyz_39808 View Post
Eh? Tucked in bed...

...the heck does that mean?
Putting your kid to bed.