Digitally Imported Homepage

Go Back   Digitally Imported Forums > Daily Life > Personal Life and Relationships
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread Mar 3rd, 2011, 11:30 AM   #101 (permalink)
Junior Addict

No, they can't. That's why I pretty much hate all my gfs guy friends. I know what they're really thinking.
BucEmDowN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Mar 10th, 2011, 04:45 PM   #102 (permalink)
Forum Moderator
Forum Staff

I am going to have to reevaluate my thoughts and opinions on this topic, because I am no longer sure one way or the other. Yes, they can be friends, but best friends? I would like to think so... but I am not sure that is all I want. I think I really could be her best friend, and have that be both ways, but I lack hope or belief or any sort of idea for anything at all when it comes to anything more with any woman out there. Not just her, any.

I truly think it is delusional for me to believe anything could be anything more than friendship with any woman. After all, insanity is repeating the same action and expecting a different result. Which leaves me with the insanity of not trying and not getting anywhere, or the insanity of thinking I'll get a positive response when it just doesn't happen, or the insanity of trying to make others happy while trying to force myself to believe that it will make me happy when I know it wont, or the insanity of simple hope which turns out to be pointless.

But I know I could be best friends with a woman, and it is not insane for me to think that is all it can be. So, that's my reevaluation.
Firebug is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Mar 11th, 2011, 03:17 AM   #103 (permalink)
Forum Moderator
Forum Staff

Not even 12 hours after having made that post, I must comment that I would rather consider the actions delusional, and try anyway, rather than give up.

I have come to realize that if it all seems crazy anyways, why not go for the direction I think would make me happy should the cycle change.
Unread Mar 23rd, 2011, 07:33 PM   #104 (permalink)
Junior Addict

can a boy and a girl be bestfriends?

Yeah.. its possible.. like everythingin the world
Prisoneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Apr 7th, 2011, 01:53 PM   #105 (permalink)
Addict in Training

yupe..can be ..but needs to be honest and clear on their points
amyems is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Apr 21st, 2011, 01:07 AM   #106 (permalink)
Addict in Training

Default can a boy and a girl be bestfriends ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by starrynight2 View Post
do you guys believe that its possible for a boy and a girl to be best friends with out one falling for the other and without one being gay? I find it hard for me because i haven't found that kinda guy yet.
nop... i don't believe it is possible.
Marydimassi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Jun 18th, 2011, 09:18 AM   #107 (permalink)
Regular Forum Addict

wish i know, this girl i knew wanted to be friend ONLY. maybe i should've man up and kissed her long time ago lol
Unread Jun 19th, 2011, 07:12 AM   #108 (permalink)
orGOAnic PSYoul

Send a message via AIM to K-BAN

I have not read all the posts yet but I will say this..

its very damn possible! look at my sig... those initials are THAT best friend to me. There is something higher than a best friend but theres no word yet for what that is. But she was that to me and she passed away a few years ago. A different kind of soul mate is all I can call it. Her sister is the next closest to me in a similar way. We are one from the general love we have for one another.
You just cant make mistakes with hormones telling you different of her/him. best friends of the highest kind is possible with the opposite sex. besides the two friends I mentioned above I can think of more close friends just shy of that closeness.
I must say I have very unique friends, guys and girls. we are one unit. very close together and everything we are is shared. even being physically close from an arm around one another or snuggling, thats all it is. like a pack of puppies. theres no after thought of those lines being crossed for whatever reason. I actually promote this kind of closeness even if hugs & kisses be involved. Its all for that awesome inner feeling you get. that inner awwwww. from it you share souls and grow this great friendship 8)
M.K.E.
K-BAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Jun 19th, 2011, 08:32 AM   #109 (permalink)
orGOAnic PSYoul

Send a message via AIM to K-BAN

Ok! I was a little here, there & all over! I read the posts and will just brainstorm in no order now ;p after this first part I guess...
Quote:
Originally Posted by starrynight2 View Post
I know exactly what you mean because it happened to me with a guy that I was on and off with couple years ago. But we both came to the conclusion that we are better off as friends. Til this day I still wonder if it would have worked out or not. My parents loved him because of his personality and his nationality.

I realized that most of the time when I meet a guy everything starts out fine. The couple months and sometimes couple weeks later they tell me that they want to be more than just friends which is not what Im looking for. Ive been searching for a guy friend I can talk to which out worry that they will like me later on. For a while I thought I found that person but he told me he liked me couple months ago. So I'm back where I was before.
so from this post I see this is such an important question for you because what you are going through is post-relationship. it is so much harder when younger and everyone just wants to date and focus solely on their bf/gf. well my answer to you is yeah, its still possible! Im still really good friends with a girl that I dated. we were crazy for each other when we dated too and it was a hard decison for me to break it off years ago when it happened. and there was a long awkward time for me. I couldnt face her the same anymore which I still feel bad about cuz she really put effort into not losing me as a friend. thats one awesome reason why she is soo cool! shes also a sister to the girls I mentioned in my last post. all 3 of them were life changing to me. phew! 8)

also it is easier to be best friends when one or both of you are dating someone else.

I guess the general common sense to this guy/girl best friend deal is, we all have different experiences and feelings with the people we know. it is possible for sure! I have proven so and still am for 8 years now. What makes it so difficult is we all love attention especially from the other sex so even if you want and try so hard to only be friends, subconsciously you are loving them more. that isnt a bad thing but dont get your love for them confused with the BS "love" you see in movies where for some reason its hard to utter to them. ;p like, think of any of your friends. you love them. you dont just "like" them because they are a cool person. that would be rediculous ;p think if a close friend died and you cry about it.. why are you crying? cuz you "liked" them or was it because you loved them?

losing track of what else I meant to mention... going back to my really close friend.. when we see each other we have to get that awesome "feels so good to see you hug" - and even sometimes exchange a kiss on the cheek. thats just who we are. we have copies of ourselves within one another. a funny thing happened with this friend a little over a year ago at a small party my close friends and I had amongst us at a buddies house. the 3 guy friends I spent important years growing up with in highschool and myself, all confessed we once had a crush on the girl. after these years it was nothing to come out and admit it and it felt so good and was just funny for us 8) it randomly happened after one guy said it then the others and lastly me chimed in and were like "ya know.. guess its my turn" kind of thing, haha!
It sucks to lose a close friend like that. (which has happened to me in the end of 2008 with her sister)

and again I think I sidetracked from stuff I wanted to mention so it may come back to me later...BUUUT! just to mention the closeness my friends have..
its the longing for our company we really want and need. being close or cuddling together crammed in the car, on the couch watching movies, laying in bed or out in the yard or on trampoline, swinging porch chair thing-wherever! we just want to be around each other. even the guys Im best friends with care for that, haha! 2 friends and I all made good use of one bed the other day. taking a nap in the cold air conditioning. then made a run to walmart and taco bell, haha!

as for starrynight2, if still visit this thread, I would totally be the guy friend you need and you can meet my family of friends if ofcoarse you live close by ;p
M.K.E.

Last edited by K-BAN : Jun 19th, 2011 at 08:42 AM.
K-BAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Jun 20th, 2011, 03:24 PM   #110 (permalink)
Forum Moderator
Forum Staff

I'll toss in that stable personalities is an element that should be considered. If one side can't handle certain comments made by other people, it may cause them to run for no reason whatsoever. Happened to me recently. Everything was good, just doing the friends thing, she is (usually) one of my top 4 friends, so she is right up there. Sure enough, a comment was made about how much time her and I had been spending together, how often she would sleep here. But due to her own personality and how she reacts... she has turned around and barely gotten a hold of me. Maybe 3 phone calls since then from her, and no visits. Of course, my own personality is a bit of a natural flirt with a side of crudeness. That makes things a bit more awkward, and it sucks so badly. She's a great gal to be around, otherwise.
Unread Jun 24th, 2011, 12:18 AM   #111 (permalink)
Junior Addict

It is possible but not probable.
2damax is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Sep 25th, 2011, 02:32 PM   #112 (permalink)
Junior Addict

I dont think its possible anymore because we were okay in the beginning but after a while you stop talking and you grow the distance. I thought it once was possible but guess not.
starrynight2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Sep 26th, 2011, 10:45 AM   #113 (permalink)
Forum Moderator
Forum Staff

That just sounds like a temporary friendship that most people have off and on throughout their lives, sorry to say. But then again, I've had the same best friend for over 10 years now, and they are female, and I'm male.
Unread Oct 3rd, 2011, 02:25 AM   #114 (permalink)
Addict in Training

Some good rules for successful Guy-Girl Friendship-don’t ever cross the line of friendship without realizing it may be a point of no return, if you know your friend has feelings for you never take advantage of those feelings, never give in to physical attractions without knowing that it could change the friendship forever, know that there will always be people who scoff at the validity of guy-girl friendships, You can be friends with anybody you want. Gender is not a deciding factor. If you meet somebody and like them as a person don’t let something as small as their sex keep you from being friends. Good friends are very hard to find…..
The big thing is ‘Kids of all ages will enjoy our programs
Good luckkkkk….
Maud76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Oct 22nd, 2011, 05:15 PM   #115 (permalink)
Junior Addict

Nope.
Kruma is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Dec 8th, 2011, 12:52 AM   #116 (permalink)
Evo Reactor

I don't believe in friendship between man and women. Well at least I never experienced it, sooner or later you will land in the bed and you are no any more in the friends stage.
Unread Dec 8th, 2011, 09:19 AM   #117 (permalink)
DI Chronic Addict

If something happens just once, it is possible. There are several people in this thread that have posted that they have ongoing guy-girl friendships that may or may not have included sex. Therefore it is absolutely possible.

So every single person that says it is not possible should admit to themselves that they are idiots.

BTW, thanks for updating this thread, I had forgotten about pinkpig
StarkRavinMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Dec 8th, 2011, 09:08 PM   #118 (permalink)
Endless Blue
Forum Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarkRavinMad View Post
BTW, thanks for updating this thread, I had forgotten about pinkpig
+100

23-03-2002 - 06-04-2010 RIP Murciélago
Dustwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Dec 9th, 2011, 10:42 AM   #119 (permalink)
DI Addict, Sonic Fanatic

Of course a guy and a girl can be best friends without a sexual attraction towards one another. Why do people think it's not possible???
Trance88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Jan 3rd, 2012, 02:56 PM   #120 (permalink)
Banned

NO! I WANT TO BANG THE CRAP OUT OF ALL OF MY FEMALE FRIENDS!
Except for the fat ones, I keep them around because they have cute skinny friends who i want to screw.
Questions?
No too bad!
Now go on and get some ass!
shazz is offline   Reply With Quote