Digitally Imported Homepage

Go Back   Digitally Imported Forums > Daily Life > Personal Life and Relationships
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread Jul 18th, 2011, 09:19 AM   #1 (permalink)
Addict in Training

Default Girls...can you EVER fall for your best guy friend?

So, Im gonna cut to the chase...I been in love with my best friend for 3 years now...we been friends since we were 15...im 28 now...never had these feeligns for her...we owuld go out in groups, never once thought of her as more...until 3 years ago i got her a job with me, and 6 months later i was hooked - Ive told her a fwe times how i felt, she knows...but its just never going anywhere, and i dont know what else to do anymore...im DEEP in the friend zone...she tells me "problems" with her receent boyfriend, but never good things...a whole year and i ONLY HEAR about the bad things and how they broke up...she complains to me constantly...and im always there to listen and help her...I do evertyhign for her..i feel like im the bf with none of the good stuff...lol while she goes out with other guys....I WANT to be her friend, but i cant get rid of the feelings...it doesnt help that i see her EVERY SINGLE DAY at work...I guess i just wanna know IF she were to EVER change her feelings...what is my best course of action...like to i continue to be nice, or ttreat her like crap? I cant say no to her, and i want to do SO much more and BE so muhc more to her....
MaxPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Jan 6th, 2012, 11:50 AM   #2 (permalink)
Junior Addict

Send a message via AIM to Xiare Send a message via Yahoo to Xiare

Not me. But test out the possibility. If, in conversation, you stand slightly closer to her, does she move closer or pull away? That's a pretty good guage of your immediate chances.
Xiare is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Jan 8th, 2012, 09:22 AM   #3 (permalink)
DI Extreme Addict

Send a message via ICQ to lilacfairy Send a message via MSN to lilacfairy Send a message via Skype™ to lilacfairy

given that you've told her and that she has declined, and that she tells you stuff she'd usually only tell her girl friends, altogether I'd say you're pretty much without a chance. sorry! she knows you too well to never have noticed that she might be attracted to you and she knows all your little faults too well to ignore them. One of my best friends is a guy and even though he's attractive, over time I got to know all his little flaws, that I don't mind in him as a friend ... but in a relationship they would drive me mad! all in all, when a girl says she's not into you, she means it, trust me. if you persevere, you only risk losing her as a friend as well.

ROLF MAIER BODE - THIRTEEN NIGHTS
www.rolfmaierbode.com/blog/2010/12/09/thirteen-nights/#comment-4668
myspace.com/rolfmaierbode
lilacfairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Jun 7th, 2012, 03:40 PM   #4 (permalink)
Junior Addict

Sorry to hear that bro, thats not a good position to be in. Chances are, if you were both into each other in 'that way' it would've happened naturally by now. You could try just asking her outright how she feels, but honestly, that will probably just drive a wedge between your friendship and you could risk losing what you already have with her. A close friendship is a beautiful thing and i think you'd be better off trying to ignore those feelings for the sake of your friendship. I'v seen close friends of mine try to do the whole dating thing and it never works out. They just end up becoming friends again or avoiding each other completely.

Sorry, it's not what you wanted to hear but i wish you all the best and i hope it works out for you.
Ale>< is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Jun 8th, 2012, 03:25 PM   #5 (permalink)
Senior Forum Addict

Some girls just want to be friends, and nothing more than that. Ah as man we always want hot girls :-)
Oleg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Jun 30th, 2012, 12:45 AM   #6 (permalink)
Addict in Training

I have fallen for all my guy friends. They love me and can't resist me. I like knowing that all men want me.
sandrakannglassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Jul 1st, 2012, 07:01 AM   #7 (permalink)
Junior Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandrakannglassman View Post
I have fallen for all my guy friends. They love me and can't resist me. I like knowing that all men want me.
<---- an actual representation of the size of your head compared to the rest of your body.
Ale>< is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Aug 4th, 2012, 10:59 AM   #8 (permalink)
Junior Addict

Your chances aren't really there until she realizes she misses you terribly.
All girls like an asshole to a certain extent. Don't be just an asshole, but keep her entertained. You might be too much of a pushover for her to be interested like that.

Advice: Don't be there for her always, play standoffish but when you do talk to her for a quick minute make sure you keep her laughing and in a great mood. If all goes well, she'll miss you and wonder why you're being so "distant." If not, you're already too deep into the friend zone like someone else said and she doesnt want to mess up your guys friendship to test anything more.
djlindo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Sep 26th, 2012, 03:31 PM   #9 (permalink)
Banned

Don't listen to any of the w0men...you have a better chance of meeting jesus at your local titty club and having said jesus turn water into wine and buy you a lap dance before a w0man will convert a "friend" to a "boyfriend"
If you are so stupid as to try ..... give me $500 I'll take you out back kick you quare in the nuts and we can call it even!

So if the bitch puts you in the friend zone and you want to bone her....do what any good man would do....find her best firiend/sister/mother/twin...and work on her!
shazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Oct 24th, 2012, 05:49 PM   #10 (permalink)
Addict in Training

It's happened before. I recommend partying hard together with a couple rolls and seeing where it goes....
postanevent is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Oct 25th, 2012, 08:31 AM   #11 (permalink)
Banned

I’m going to give you a hint…Q tips….when using said device to clear out your ear of wax after you take a long shower?
Well when you feel pressure STOP! YOU ARE CAUSING BRAIN DAMAGE!

On a good day women are nuts! Ever wonder why a cat would rather chase a string than play with the toy in front of it?
A woman, even one with a PhD will overlook the perfect man in front of her for the tool/dick/****tard and then get her ass dumped /abused/used and then come and bitch to you.

Listen to your GOD! THE ONE THE ONLY SHAH! WALK THE HELL AWAY!
shazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread May 29th, 2013, 01:22 PM   #12 (permalink)
Junior Addict

Be honest to yourself and her... Talk about it..

You'll be sorry 30 years from now if you let it slip..

*edit..

last post almost a year ago.. whaha #fail

Did you ever talk to her ??

Last edited by BugC : May 29th, 2013 at 01:24 PM.
BugC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Jun 23rd, 2013, 06:00 PM   #13 (permalink)
Regular Forum Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by shazz View Post
Don't listen to any of the w0men...you have a better chance of meeting jesus at your local titty club and having said jesus turn water into wine and buy you a lap dance before a w0man will convert a "friend" to a "boyfriend"
If you are so stupid as to try ..... give me $500 I'll take you out back kick you quare in the nuts and we can call it even!

So if the bitch puts you in the friend zone and you want to bone her....do what any good man would do....find her best firiend/sister/mother/twin...and work on her!
Quote:
Originally Posted by shazz View Post
I’m going to give you a hint…Q tips….when using said device to clear out your ear of wax after you take a long shower?
Well when you feel pressure STOP! YOU ARE CAUSING BRAIN DAMAGE!

On a good day women are nuts! Ever wonder why a cat would rather chase a string than play with the toy in front of it?
A woman, even one with a PhD will overlook the perfect man in front of her for the tool/dick/****tard and then get her ass dumped /abused/used and then come and bitch to you.

Listen to your GOD! THE ONE THE ONLY SHAH! WALK THE HELL AWAY!
This person clearly hated women, and possibly life.

Funny to read though, because it made zero sense haha
footsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Jun 24th, 2013, 10:40 AM   #14 (permalink)
Forum Moderator
Forum Staff

Women can very easily fall for their best friend. The issue is that what us guys deal with also goes in reverse. The guys can friend zone the ladies and although she may be interested, nothing may happen out of it. As in my case, he can later know what a fool he was. Though he may not. If a woman turns you down because she flat out lets you know she isn't interested, you have to take a hint. Time doesn't stop and will just get wasted in meaningless pursuit. A fantasy is all that is. Stop, look behind you. Is there a woman there, someone who has stuck by you as a friend, for a long time? Is she in the friend zone... by your own choice, and is she still around? A lot of guys fail to realize that there are often women around that are just their friends that do really want to be more, but aren't. Don't let your head get too messed up to realize the blatantly obvious.
Firebug is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Jun 24th, 2013, 04:04 PM   #15 (permalink)
PWB
VT Rebel Alliance

treating anyone like an a**hole or "playing games"... that is not friendship... and if you can't tell your feelings to a "good" friend.... probably not a good friend. even if the opposite sex. And especially after knowouing the person for an extended period of time. if you are frustrated by the lack of reciprocal feelings take some time off and good to ask yourself why.... anger and frustration is often a "mask" for sadness.

"Earth and heaven are in us." Mahatma Gandhi

http://www.facebook.com/pwb.art
PWB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Sep 10th, 2013, 08:55 PM   #16 (permalink)
Junior Addict

Yeah sometimes women can fall for their best friend
neil_g is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Nov 5th, 2013, 09:39 PM   #17 (permalink)
dss
VT Rebel Alliance

So yeh, I am in this exact situation right now ...FML!!!!!

Sunset Beach w/ d2s
Every 3rd Friday @ di.fm Vocal Trance
13:00-14:00 EST/18:00-19:00 GMT
Next Episode: April 18!

http://www.facebook.com/d2strance
http://www.mixcloud.com/d2s
dss is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Nov 7th, 2013, 06:32 AM   #18 (permalink)
RO2
DI Critical Mass

Quote:
Originally Posted by dss View Post
So yeh, I am in this exact situation right now ...FML!!!!!
Just curious...what would happen if you friend-zoned her?
RO2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Nov 7th, 2013, 06:36 AM   #19 (permalink)
dss
VT Rebel Alliance

Quote:
Originally Posted by RO2 View Post
Just curious...what would happen if you friend-zoned her?
Well I wish that was the option!

I'm curious as to the validity of this article as this is the situtation I am currently in (except I haven't been married before): http://www.sosuave.com/halloffame/hall45.htm

Seems as though there are conflicting arguments on this. This article agrees with what I would naturally do. Other stuff I've read says you need to separate yourself with no contact for a period of time. I'm already trying this as she is gone on a trip however she keeps sending me a lot of snapchats and texts so I don't really want to not respond at all....

Sunset Beach w/ d2s
Every 3rd Friday @ di.fm Vocal Trance
13:00-14:00 EST/18:00-19:00 GMT
Next Episode: April 18!

http://www.facebook.com/d2strance
http://www.mixcloud.com/d2s
dss is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Nov 7th, 2013, 08:47 PM   #20 (permalink)
PWB
VT Rebel Alliance

Quote:
Originally Posted by dss View Post
Well I wish that was the option!

I'm curious as to the validity of this article as this is the situtation I am currently in (except I haven't been married before): http://www.sosuave.com/halloffame/hall45.htm

Seems as though there are conflicting arguments on this. This article agrees with what I would naturally do. Other stuff I've read says you need to separate yourself with no contact for a period of time. I'm already trying this as she is gone on a trip however she keeps sending me a lot of snapchats and texts so I don't really want to not respond at all....
Definitely something to be said about being friends.... first. The article sort of states the obvious.... but really be geniune... be open.. appropriately... live your life... having interests makes you interesting... learn to listen, really listen.. show you can feel your feelings (appropriately)... be friendly.. do fun things together...

depending on what you are really interested in... If it is just sex... well just keep hitting...

but if it is a relationship... when you get right down to it... does it matter if someone tells you they are attracted to you lets date or if someone you feel attracted to you says lets be friends... the same risk it won't work out is still there... and the same pay-off that it will... is also there... because a "friend" that you "date" can just as easily, or not, decide you are the one.

you owe me 50 cents.

"Earth and heaven are in us." Mahatma Gandhi

http://www.facebook.com/pwb.art
PWB is offline   Reply With Quote