Digitally Imported Homepage

Go Back   Digitally Imported Forums > Daily Life > Personal Life and Relationships
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread Apr 2nd, 2009, 03:20 PM   #41 (permalink)
DI Chronic Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldaris View Post
As far as my sleeping patterns go, I usually go to bed at 11:00 (usually fall asleep at 12:00 or so), and I wake up at 6:00 for school.

I usually go to sleep after I get home from school.
thats not too bad, my sleep problems are actually worse. in high school i got 3-6 hours sometimes none. but my eyes werent that bad except for some crows feet.

but if you do fall asleep during the day your body is probably charged up a little so it doesnt need to go to sleep right away.

maybe you should listen to Travelyogatrance and go with topical treatment for the eyse
"Hasheesh helped a great deal, and once sent him to a part of space where form does not exist, but where glowing gases study the secrets of existence. And a violet-coloured gas told him that this part of space was outside what he had called infinity"
Bubble Wrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Apr 2nd, 2009, 05:46 PM   #42 (permalink)
DI Extreme Addict

Send a message via ICQ to lilacfairy Send a message via MSN to lilacfairy Send a message via Skype™ to lilacfairy

Quote:
What don't I like about myself?
- My various scars on my body from cuts and scrapes.
- My small body type (5'8"; 138 lbs).
- I find my head too small for my body (though I do have a small body).
- I find my nose too big.
- I find my skin too pale.
- My eyes are puffy / red (they constantly look black & blue).
- I don't like my freckles.
scars: I love men who look rugged. my bf has lots of scars and big ones too. it just adds to his attractiveness. there's nothing worse than a mommy's boy with baby skin.
body: work out! muscles can make you look so much bigger. an athletic body is great no matter how tall.
head: that's really just your perception, noone else will ever think that about you, take my word for it (I know you won't, but maybe if we say it often enough).
nose: I have a big nose and it's crooked as well. Together with my pointy chin I look like a witch. I've always hated it. but you know what? I just stopped caring. too much hassle! If people don't like me because of my nose and chin, then they're superficial idiots anyway. and I would never get surgery. I don't believe in cosmetic surgery, it's stressful and risky for your body.
skin: self-tanner, tanning studio
eyes: google for it, there's lots of things you can do, cool them, put cucumbers on, use concealer, get more sleep (6h might not be enough)
freckles: I love my freckles. unfortunately they go away when I'm not tanned. I always look forward to summer when my freckles come back. how can you not like freckles? they're special, kind of cheeky and fresh.

btw. it's great that you answer to our posts and interact with us. at least to me, it shows that you're not just attention seeking

ROLF MAIER BODE - THIRTEEN NIGHTS
www.rolfmaierbode.com/blog/2010/12/09/thirteen-nights/#comment-4668
myspace.com/rolfmaierbode
lilacfairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Apr 3rd, 2009, 02:07 PM   #43 (permalink)
Junior Addict

Your cycle definitely makes sense--- it all begins with the way you look. Well let me tell you how I did it to gain some confidence. I started running in place! Yes, running in place for 15 minutes a day and changing my diet trimmed me down. At 5 Feet 8 inches, I weighed 190 at one point. That is a lot for someone as short as me. And it was all concentrated around my stomach and face, believe it or not. My face was absolutely hideous.

After I lost the fat, I started going to the gym and lifting weights. Iíve been doing this a year and a half now and I have soo much more confidence and Iím more happy than I was. Many times, it begins at how you look at yourself. Now, everyone tells me I look damn hot and that I could pick up anyone I wanted to. Because of my increased self image, I have more confidence, which translates into something sexy that people like. Suddenly, you have all these people chasing you and it becomes fun!!

Keep us posted!
kim_tominaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Apr 3rd, 2009, 09:31 PM   #44 (permalink)
Junior Addict

I understand your logic, but we are on opposite spectrum's; I want to gain weight. I do take a weight gainer, and I occasionally work out, but I can never find the motivation to continue on.

I need to find something to propel myself to have the internal and external confidence that I have lacked for years now. Perhaps changing my diet would help mold my attitude and provide me with more energy throughout the day; but I'm not exactly sure what diet I should follow. I know that I need to make changes, I just cannot determine the best path for me to accomplish my goals.

Aside from those key points, I have a "side" problem that I wish to take care of.

Since entering high school (I am now a Junior), I always found this particular girl extremely attractive (She is also a Junior). I don't know what it is about her, but I just find her better looking than the majority of the girls that I have seen (on TV and in my school). However, I don't know what it is that makes my body and mind scrambled whenever I think about her, or see her. I have never directly talked to her, so I'm not sure how I could directly "like her," and I'm not a strong believer in "love at first sight." However, I feel that it is best to rid myself of this aspect. To me, it's a hopeless "goal," that will never be accomplished. I like what she represents (the fact that she doesn't have a lot of guy friends, and the fact that she is much like me in a lot of ways), but I just cannot find enough reason to speak with her. I find it a lost cause, and these feelings aren't necessarily good for me at this time. As I've said, my confidence is shattered, so I don't believe that she would "like" me even if I tried.
Aldaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Apr 3rd, 2009, 09:56 PM   #45 (permalink)
DI Extreme Addict

Send a message via AIM to DJ Stev Send a message via MSN to DJ Stev

i think it may be best to fix you first and what things are bothering you before u start on "side" projects. once you get good feelings about yourself then you can start to move on. dont bite more than u can chew

http://www.mixcloud.com/311Musik/

Dj mixes by di.fm forum residents dj mel wildcatfball bonovoxx and dj stev
DJ Stev is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Apr 4th, 2009, 01:18 AM   #46 (permalink)
Junior Addict

You're correct on that theory, but in many ways this "small aspect" is related to a good majority of the bad emotions that I feel throughout each passing day.

I feel if I can eliminate this aspect from my life, I wouldn't have a good reason to feel terrible about the way I look (and it might slightly reduce the insecurities that I have).
Unread Apr 4th, 2009, 10:17 AM   #47 (permalink)
DI Chronic Addict

why does this smaller aspect effect you in such a way, I mean at a really deep level.
what is it about feeling unnatractive that makes you feel bad, is it the hopelessness of finding love, or do you just want to feel accepted.
look deep within yourself, because there might be an underlying issue at hand
"Hasheesh helped a great deal, and once sent him to a part of space where form does not exist, but where glowing gases study the secrets of existence. And a violet-coloured gas told him that this part of space was outside what he had called infinity"
Unread Apr 4th, 2009, 12:28 PM   #48 (permalink)
Forum Moderator
Forum Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Stev View Post
i think it may be best to fix you first and what things are bothering you before u start on "side" projects. once you get good feelings about yourself then you can start to move on. dont bite more than u can chew
I would have to disagree.

A person who feels so low about themselves so often can greatly benefit from throwing themselves in head first into multiple things that seem overwhelming. Idle hands are the devils playground, and so is the mind. Once you do a bunch of things that may not even seem major individually, they will come together as a lump sum in your mind eventually when you look back and see what you have done in even just half a year. That's when you really start to realize that the only thing stopping you from doing anything you desire is your own mind.

People who are so far down on themselves don't get any use out of "Oh, make yourself feel good and realize it isn't all bad." Trust me on this. The only thing that changes it is forcing yourself into taking a physically hands on approach to life itself. That's the only thing that will truly make you feel better. Making your own accomplishments.

Everything else will fade, becoming less important. It seems like those negative thoughts wont go away, but that's because you're letting your mind control you. Your actions are what count way more.

Last edited by Firebug : Apr 4th, 2009 at 12:53 PM.
Firebug is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Apr 4th, 2009, 12:43 PM   #49 (permalink)
DI Extreme Addict

Send a message via ICQ to lilacfairy Send a message via MSN to lilacfairy Send a message via Skype™ to lilacfairy

^^well said. your mind is standing yourself in the way. because you think you can't do it, you don't do it. but maybe if you jumped head in first, without thinking whether it's a good idea or not, you'd be surprised at how easy it is all of a sudden.

Unread Apr 6th, 2009, 05:26 AM   #50 (permalink)
wJs
Regular Forum Addict

Send a message via MSN to wJs

Woah this guys has gotten quite a response, I hope its all pulling through for him.
wJs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Apr 6th, 2009, 02:05 PM   #51 (permalink)
Junior Addict

I'm trying to patch things together as best as possible, but I'm not too confident that these changes will accurately take place.

I'm feeling good about myself physically (so I appreciate the responses). I feel as if I need to pull through for a few more years so I can get away from my parents, and start life on my own. I believe that they are extremely negative -- which is not something that I need right now.

Aside from that, I'm working hard to accomplish my goal(s). The only remaining problem is the one that I posted about a few days ago; I just don't know what to do about her. I'm not sure why I'm expressing such strong feelings towards her if I've never talked to her before.
Unread Apr 6th, 2009, 02:31 PM   #52 (permalink)
DI Extreme Addict

It's called a crush. I used to have a crush on a guy for 3 years without ever talking to him. Why? beats me...

The only way to find out whether you really like her is to talk to her.

Of course, you never know whether things will turn out accurately, but that's not a reason not to try, right?

It must be hard if your parents are as negative as you say. Try to establish a balance, hang out a lot with positively thinking people!

Unread Apr 6th, 2009, 02:35 PM   #53 (permalink)
DI Chronic Addict

Quote:
I'm trying to patch things together as best as possible, but I'm not too confident that these changes will accurately take place.

I'm feeling good about myself physically (so I appreciate the responses). I feel as if I need to pull through for a few more years so I can get away from my parents, and start life on my own. I believe that they are extremely negative -- which is not something that I need right now.

Aside from that, I'm working hard to accomplish my goal(s). The only remaining problem is the one that I posted about a few days ago; I just don't know what to do about her. I'm not sure why I'm expressing such strong feelings towards her if I've never talked to her before.
you my friend have got the love crazies. It happens to even the most mentally stable of us.
Do you know anything about this girls personality, what shes into, how do you know that persons even your type.
Your attraction sounds only physical, and for all you know you have nothing in common with this person. you don't need to worry about not getting with someone unless you think they have a lot in common with you as well, because relationships based only on physical appearence dont last.
Talk to her and find out what kind of lifestyle she has, or if your still to chicken to talk you can tell a lot about a persons lifestyle by the clothes they wear, what kind of people they hang out with etc.
Unread Apr 6th, 2009, 04:33 PM   #54 (permalink)
Junior Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubble Wrap View Post
you my friend have got the love crazies. It happens to even the most mentally stable of us.
Do you know anything about this girls personality, what shes into, how do you know that persons even your type.
Your attraction sounds only physical, and for all you know you have nothing in common with this person. you don't need to worry about not getting with someone unless you think they have a lot in common with you as well, because relationships based only on physical appearence dont last.
Talk to her and find out what kind of lifestyle she has, or if your still to chicken to talk you can tell a lot about a persons lifestyle by the clothes they wear, what kind of people they hang out with etc.
Well, I'm friends with some of her friends, so I know what she is generally like. I couldn't tell you what she is about in detail, but I know the basis of her personality. I'm not usually one to leech onto a physical attraction for a long time, but she represents what my "dream girl" would be like. If it was meant to be or not, I just cant seem to shake these feelings...
Unread Apr 6th, 2009, 05:47 PM   #55 (permalink)
wJs
Regular Forum Addict

Send a message via MSN to wJs

Quote:
Well, I'm friends with some of her friends, so I know what she is generally like. I couldn't tell you what she is about in detail, but I know the basis of her personality. I'm not usually one to leech onto a physical attraction for a long time, but she represents what my "dream girl" would be like. If it was meant to be or not, I just cant seem to shake these feelings...
I was in your exact position. I knew her friends, I knew what she did, when I was around her friends she was normally the bubbly out going chick. She was what you call a chick that you wouldnt look twice at but if she was in your sites for more than 3 seconds...oh man lol!!!

Dont let infatuation get the best of you. Ive posted a thread also on this board and bad things can happen if your not prepared or her personal life gets in the way. If you do try and strike a good conversation and possibably score a date, keep in mind that this what we call "get to know each other" session. Just cause you scored a date dosent make her your girl friend. AND DONT GET TO ATTACHED.

If you do, you might find yourself in position where she is leading you on or she only in it for the fun of attention.

I was lucky enough to have a big fling with the hottest chick in my year but all I can say is alot thing can get in the way such as parents, hobbies, school, friends and also going away for a 2 week holiday can result in big indicaments.

All I can say is concentrate on yourself before concentrating on someone else

Last edited by wJs : Apr 6th, 2009 at 05:51 PM.
wJs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Apr 6th, 2009, 05:50 PM   #56 (permalink)
DI Chronic Addict

Quote:
if your friends with some of her friends, tell them you like her when shes not around. If you cant talk to the girl directly, her friends are the next best thing. You dont have to ask them for her number but word will get to her eventually.
gaining social confidence is not something you do indirectly.
the way you gain confidence is by mustering up the courage to do that which you are afraid of.

Last edited by Bubble Wrap : Apr 6th, 2009 at 05:56 PM.
Unread Apr 16th, 2009, 03:31 PM   #57 (permalink)
Junior Addict

I decided to wait a week or so, and see how my mind has shifted since first scheming up this thread.

I have to admit that things are going better for me, though I do still get angry quite often. Today, I made a realization that I need to change the way that I represent myself.

My personality isn't too appealing; I'm either annoying (by way of attempting to be funny), or I'm extremely arrogant and say rash things that make me seem like an egomaniac.

I'd like to change this, but I don't know how to change my personality from bland and arrogant, to humorous and humble (something I once was).
Unread Apr 16th, 2009, 04:19 PM   #58 (permalink)
DI Chronic Addict

what exactly gets you angry

perhaps the suffering from your dissastifaction with your appearence is the source
often when we hate ourselves we take it out on others
Unread Apr 18th, 2009, 12:44 AM   #59 (permalink)
Junior Addict

I get angry when I'm 'beaten' in a competitive action or sport. I feel that I need to be dominant in every aspect to make up for my lack of physical beauty.
Unread Apr 18th, 2009, 01:46 AM   #60 (permalink)
DI Extreme Addict

My dream last night was just me being angry, not the most pleasant dream ive had