Digitally Imported Homepage

Go Back   Digitally Imported Forums > Daily Life > Personal Life and Relationships
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread Apr 29th, 2006, 05:17 PM   #121 (permalink)
Daydreaming Globetrotter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gugo7
thanks sorry didnt search just came across this thread wanted to reply plz dont hurt me

mate I posted that for your benefit, so you could read what other ppl had said without having to search~

music is my 1st love ~ edm 4 life

All aboard travelling into a trancetastic future -d_o & I

Keep the peace flowing, the love growing, the unity going

Let the music take control of your body and your soul
travelyogatrance is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Apr 29th, 2006, 05:47 PM   #122 (permalink)
DI Chillout Dream Addict

Beginning of January I met this girl and she's one of the most interesting people I could talk to. She's one of these very kind hearted and always seem like she has a smile on her face everyday. We always talked during class time and everytime I say something funny she always laughs with friendly giggle. I don't know what to think if this girl likes me or just always have a tension to laugh at everything. If it's both, I really admire her spirits. Everytime I see her, we could never talk about serious stuff, maybe a little gossip which is kind of bad but it's something I can't help but interact with her. We always had warm intellectual conversations as well. Like she could read my mind on what I'm about to say next. However, it didn't work when I was about to ask her out next. Luckily I didn't. Cat got my tongue. After that, I was cursing in my head. Why can't I just open my mouth and say it? Few days later, my self-esteem was shot, my boost of confidence was a letdown, and I had lost it all. I just learned recently that she is engaged. Mind you, she didn't have a ring, so I assumed that she was available. A smart, funny, beautiful girl has been already rescued by a prince. May they live happily ever after. I still talk to her to this day but not as much as I wanted to before. It's hard to be friends with a girl that you can't help but fall for. That's my problem.

Tell me, if you guys were in my situation, would you continue to go after her, or let her be happy who is already bestowed upon someone else's heart?

♫■♫■♫■♫■♫■♫■♫■♫■♫■♫■♫■♫■♫
Smith & Pledger - White

Master of Dimensions.
Pleaser of Crowds.

Last edited by Dimentio : Apr 29th, 2006 at 05:51 PM.
Dimentio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Apr 29th, 2006, 05:54 PM   #123 (permalink)
Regular Forum Addict

Dont tell her you know, she would of told you if she wanted you to know.
The official toxicity limit for humans is between one and one and half grams of cocaine depending on body weight. I was averaging five grams a day, maybe more. I snorted ten grams in ten minutes once. I guess I had a high tolerance. -George Jung
Gugo7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Apr 29th, 2006, 06:08 PM   #124 (permalink)
DI Chillout Dream Addict

That's probably why I held back.

Smith & Pledger - White

Master of Dimensions.
Pleaser of Crowds.
Unread Apr 29th, 2006, 06:39 PM   #125 (permalink)
Junior Addict

Send a message via AIM to GT4PLAY

cant say i ever have been, although i have said it to a few girls, and later wished i didnt, because it only caused too many problems. the one girl i think i could have, where we literally fell in love after the first date, well i almost bailed on going into the military for her by calling my recruiter the day before i was supposed to leave and saying i didnt wanna join any more. he somehow convinced me to still go, and i did. the whole long distance thing didnt work out and we dont contact each other any more.
GT4PLAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Apr 29th, 2006, 07:32 PM   #126 (permalink)
Regular Forum Addict

I can tell you what works for me...

1. Be confident. That does not mean being aggressive or anything. It means just talk to her the way you would to anyone. Listen when she talks. Usually talking to her about her problems and helping her with anything means to her you are not just another a-hole.

2. Get to know her friends! Whether it be men or women... this is important. After you meet her, make sure you make good impression to her friends as well. Because you know she is going to ask advice from her good friends about men to be with. So, the better you present yourself, the better.

3. Most important thing to me... patience! Always be patient! If you meet a girl, and it takes a month to actually go out on a "date" or if it takes five months... it does not matter. Do not really look at them as dates. Just call her once in awhile, talk to her in college or whatever... and before you know it you will be with her more often than you think. Too many guys go straight to the "can I take you out sometime?" thing. I think that is too much pressure. But if you kind of disguise it a bit such as something like say she is not good at math... Some how lead into that area and when she says "ya I hate math, I'm not good at it" then you say "I could help you with it if you want..." 9 out of 10 times she's probably going to say ok. Then just set up a time and place and there you go... your first "date"! Then it just gets better after that.
Unread Apr 30th, 2006, 12:42 AM   #127 (permalink)
DI Chillout Dream Addict

I wish for once she would know how I feel. because I'm falling for her more and more. We have a lot of the same interests... should I tell her... or should I not? She's done everything for me just by talking with words. Words that lift me up into thinking... how can somebody so wonderful as her care for a bum like me? she's absolutely the best. and she deserves the best.

Smith & Pledger - White

Master of Dimensions.
Pleaser of Crowds.
Unread Apr 30th, 2006, 05:01 AM   #128 (permalink)
DI Critical Mass

Send a message via MSN to PhineasFreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by xLittleTrancex
I just learned recently that she is engaged. Mind you, she didn't have a ring, so I assumed that she was available...

...Tell me, if you guys were in my situation, would you continue to go after her, or let her be happy who is already bestowed upon someone else's heart?
CoJo's advice seems pretty sound to me, though you do wonder why she has no ring...

it's that eternal question - how hard do you push, not wanting to seem needy or creepy like a stalker, but not wanting to let a good thing pass you by because you didn't act.

considering my posts in this thread maybe i'd best read others advice not offer my own.

New Psy-Dub remix!
http://www.ubetoo.com/psytrance/46349
PhineasFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Apr 30th, 2006, 07:00 AM   #129 (permalink)
Regular Forum Addict

That is a hard thing... trying to push hard enough to get her to know you like her, but not trying to look like a stalker or a rapist. Basically, most guys push too hard. I have seen it a lot. There is really only one thing you can do to let her know how you feel about her. And that is to tell her. It is probably the hardest thing you will ever do. The best way to tell her is when you are alone with her... and make sure you have known her for sometime (maybe around two months). But if she is engaged then it is kind of hopeless. The best thing you could do is say something like, "If you need anything, I'll be there." But who told you she was engaged? Did she tell you herself or was it from some other source? Because if she did not have a ring... that is odd.
Unread Apr 30th, 2006, 03:03 PM   #130 (permalink)
DI Chillout Dream Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhineasFreak
considering my posts in this thread maybe i'd best read others advice not offer my own.
Whatever keeps the flames burning my friend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoJo
That is a hard thing.......Because if she did not have a ring... that is odd.
No kidding it's hard. but I think the only way to avoid being under the impression of a stalker would being friends for her and that bond of trust to grow. I've only known her in the beginning of the year and her friends told me that she was engaged. I never asked her. Maybe it was recent and maybe she didn't find the engagement on a need-to-know basis to everyone. But could you guys imagine these relationships are like crossroads. If you choose one or the other and all of life changes. No road is exactly the same. It's a funny logic I know and somewhat highly controversial but it was just thinking at the moment. Food for thought. heh.

This world got so vulnerable to stalkers and rapists, it's one thing like walking on thin ice. Got to watch your every move only to not get the wrong impression. However, I guess the only conclusion I could come up with is, if it's meant to be, it's meant to be. Not something I want to live by but I'm at a dead end here.

Smith & Pledger - White

Master of Dimensions.
Pleaser of Crowds.

Last edited by Dimentio : Apr 30th, 2006 at 03:40 PM.
Unread Apr 30th, 2006, 04:12 PM   #131 (permalink)
Daydreaming Globetrotter

Quote:
Originally Posted by xLittleTrancex
I wish for once she would know how I feel. because I'm falling for her more and more. We have a lot of the same interests... should I tell her... or should I not? She's done everything for me just by talking with words. Words that lift me up into thinking... how can somebody so wonderful as her care for a bum like me? she's absolutely the best. and she deserves the best.
I cannot stress enough how crucial confidence is in the dating game-and in life!! You don't need to be uberconfident in all aspects of yourself but a general self-assuredness is absolutely critical. If you don't think you're worth loving, why should someone else think so. Its about being comfortable with who you are, right now, good, bad, and ugly. Focus on the good, work on the bad and the ugly, but believe that you are worth loving as you are. Because we're all flawed and we're all a work in progress, but I believe that (almost) everyone has awesome qualities that make them worth loving (but people have to make these known to others). Cultivate those qualities in yourself and watch the good things come to you.

With regards to the gal: for now, you two must remain friends. That may change at a later date, but if she's engaged to someone else, there is no sense trying to purposely ruin that. Hang tight as mates, but nothing more. For now. That's better than nothing, right?

music is my 1st love ~ edm 4 life

All aboard travelling into a trancetastic future -d_o & I

Keep the peace flowing, the love growing, the unity going

Let the music take control of your body and your soul
travelyogatrance is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Apr 30th, 2006, 07:25 PM   #132 (permalink)
Regular Forum Addict

Exactly. Just be friends. Who knows? You may be there for her when their engagement crashes down. Not something to hope for... but you get the picture. But I know how you feel when you say, "Why would she want someone like me?" It is not really a thought of self-unapproval, but more of you just think of her as an angel. You have to play your role of a good friend.
Unread May 1st, 2006, 12:02 AM   #133 (permalink)
Sassy

i know it's love at first sight the instant the guy approaches me, gets all up in my grill, and rocks out while sayin "sup girl? sup girl? holler."

it gets me everytime. brings a tear to me eye.
pinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread May 1st, 2006, 12:17 AM   #134 (permalink)
DI Extreme Addict

Send a message via AIM to Wannab Send a message via Yahoo to Wannab

yeh pinkie thats some seriously suaveness there..... maybe i should learn from them... jk
Wannab is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread May 1st, 2006, 12:23 AM   #135 (permalink)
DI Extreme Addict

Send a message via MSN to Hardcore_Dan

Once i was in love... in response to my love i had my heart crushed and my soul smashed. I'm glad it happened, if it hadn't happened i might not have turned out to be the cynical bastard I am today!
Unread May 1st, 2006, 08:37 AM   #136 (permalink)
DI Chronic Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkie
i know it's love at first sight the instant the guy approaches me, gets all up in my grill, and rocks out while sayin "sup girl? sup girl? holler."

Sup girl? I seen you checkin me...
StarkRavinMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread May 1st, 2006, 09:38 AM   #137 (permalink)
DI Extreme Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkie

~post of the month!~

*-Truth is still truth even if no one believes it. A lie is still a lie even if everyone believes it.-*

soundtrack of my life: Communicate-sasha and
digweed
faerie dust is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread May 1st, 2006, 01:27 PM   #138 (permalink)
High Peaks Fidelity

Love is a verb, not a noun.
Rockymtns4fr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread May 1st, 2006, 10:13 PM   #139 (permalink)
DI Chillout Dream Addict

Can you love someone that you have never met?

Smith & Pledger - White

Master of Dimensions.
Pleaser of Crowds.
Unread May 2nd, 2006, 09:38 AM   #140 (permalink)
High Peaks Fidelity

Yes. I tallked to her, but never met the love of my life before she died. But I did get to know her and love her.
Rockymtns4fr is offline   Reply With Quote