Digitally Imported Homepage

Go Back   Digitally Imported Forums > Daily Life > Personal Life and Relationships
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread Jun 2nd, 2012, 12:39 PM   #1 (permalink)
Addict in Training

Default Lost Ambition

I can no longer feel any ambition inside of me. There was so much I wanted to do, but now I do not feel like I am capable of doing it. It's weird. I just started feeling like this a few days ago... a few days before I was finished with work.

I wanted to get into computer science and engineering. I wanted to design this program I had in my mind. I then wanted to implement it into a robot. I wanted to work with technology... I wanted to make something of myself!

Before that, I wanted to be a game designer. But as I got better with programming and science I started to see it as an impractical (underpaid) career option. So I decided to do it as a pastime if I could make time for it. (In addition to writing)

But now... I no longer for any desire to do anything. I can't study. I no longer have to work for a few months. My friend's don't like talking to me anymore- they got used to me not being around I guess. So I am all by myself and I have no initiative to do anything. I used to have this will burning inside of me, but I cannot feel it anymore.

What should I do to alleviate this?

The only thing I can find the energy to do is watch movies and play video games...
Winchester is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Jun 7th, 2012, 02:32 PM   #2 (permalink)
Junior Addict

Stop masturbating.
DeviantCloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Jun 7th, 2012, 09:28 PM   #3 (permalink)
DI Extreme Addict

Send a message via AIM to DJ Stev Send a message via MSN to DJ Stev

well if u stay inside wand watch movies and video games ur kinda stuck. u gotta get "unstuck" gotta get out and find something to do. gotta set a goal. ie get a new job in x amount of weeks. get into great shape in x amount of months. u gotta look forward to something even if its as simple as finding a decent job or running a 5k. idk whatever ur into. gotta make a goal and try to reach it. otherwise ur stuck

http://www.mixcloud.com/311Musik/

Dj mixes by di.fm forum residents dj mel wildcatfball bonovoxx and dj stev
DJ Stev is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Jun 8th, 2012, 11:18 AM   #4 (permalink)
Junior Addict

it's just what happens as you get older. It happened to me. Life used to be exciting but now i always just like... meh....

I can't give u the answer cos i don't know myself, but if you ever find it let me know please! cheers.

and don't stop masturbating or you might go insane
Ale>< is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Apr 25th, 2013, 05:16 AM   #5 (permalink)
Addict in Training

You probably are of type who when gets closer to one ambition changes it before only. Its like now You don't know what to do anything of what You have been into. So opt for something else. But remember You lifelong can't continue doing that. Settling is very important in life else You'll be left with nothing at the end.
thomascoles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread May 1st, 2013, 10:51 PM   #6 (permalink)
Regular Forum Addict

Send a message via MSN to MrPresident888

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winchester View Post
I can no longer feel any ambition inside of me. There was so much I wanted to do, but now I do not feel like I am capable of doing it. It's weird. I just started feeling like this a few days ago... a few days before I was finished with work.

I wanted to get into computer science and engineering. I wanted to design this program I had in my mind. I then wanted to implement it into a robot. I wanted to work with technology... I wanted to make something of myself!

Before that, I wanted to be a game designer. But as I got better with programming and science I started to see it as an impractical (underpaid) career option. So I decided to do it as a pastime if I could make time for it. (In addition to writing)

But now... I no longer for any desire to do anything. I can't study. I no longer have to work for a few months. My friend's don't like talking to me anymore- they got used to me not being around I guess. So I am all by myself and I have no initiative to do anything. I used to have this will burning inside of me, but I cannot feel it anymore.

The only thing I can find the energy to do is watch movies and play video games...
Just don't think you are worthless to the world, or the world would be better without you. According to Dr Phil, this is what most people who end up suiciding think of most. I'm not saying that you will suicide, but negative thinking definitely doesn't contribute to a bad situation like this.

As for your problem, you haven't told us what caused all of this to happen, or what you at least think was the cause. Maybe then can we make judgements on what to do.
MrPresident888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread May 19th, 2013, 01:09 PM   #7 (permalink)
Junior Addict

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winchester View Post

My Story.
AL Passed
Got into University of london to do Mathematics Bsc
Did not know how to study, but recently found out that the only way to study is by " Self directed learning" and " Problem Based learning" for mathematics. I also learned that I , That I have to do the work. Not the lecturers or helpers or friends. Not knowing what to do I messed up 2 years of my degree. I am gonna spend 6 years getting this degree. It is not that i am not smart ,it is just that i did not know the right strategy. I read the book
" jack canfield - how to get from where you are to where you want to be" and it CHANGED my life. I thought i was a failure, insignificant human being who is good for nothing. But Now i am more focused than ever. I know I am gonna succeed in life. Just read the book , get it paper back from amazon. take notes while u read it. I am serious.
I know what i Exactly gonna do in Life, I am gonna pass BSC , then do ACCa and become an accountant. Then an MBA mostly. Once you learn how to study, how to focus then all comes into place. I recommend that you meditate ( metta meditation 15 min before start studying).Life is Good once u know the path to travel. find yours. read the book by mr jack canfield.

jack canfield - how to get from where you are to where you want to be"
" creative visualization by Shakti " .
brian tracy - accelerated learning

be well.
with metta kindness
PositiveTrance is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Jul 3rd, 2013, 01:19 PM   #8 (permalink)
Junior Addict

Thanks for sharing.
Ridley333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Jul 22nd, 2013, 04:38 AM   #9 (permalink)
Junior Addict

Get into great shape in x amount of months. u gotta look forward to something even if its as simple as finding a decent job or running a 5k.
haileywilliam is offline   Reply With Quote