Digitally Imported Homepage

Go Back   Digitally Imported Forums > Daily Life > Personal Life and Relationships
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread May 7th, 2012, 05:17 PM   #1 (permalink)
Senior Forum Addict

Question A question about greed and personality

My cousin is wealthy, and i am poor. He has a great personality, but the thing is he has never bout me anything or spend money on me, on top of that he never come to my birthday or wished me "Happy Birthday". Now i am friends with my neighbor who is the president of the company, not only he has a good personalty, but he also buys me something we go to the store. Can someone tell me how a person could have a good personality, but be greedy?

Last edited by Oleg : May 7th, 2012 at 05:40 PM.
Oleg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread May 7th, 2012, 05:33 PM   #2 (permalink)
DI Extreme Addict

Send a message via AIM to DJ Stev Send a message via MSN to DJ Stev

although it is nice to help someone out in financial troubles (especially family) it is not an obligation. It's his money and he is the one who decides what he wants to do with it he is ultimately not responsible for your financial hardships. However if he hasnt offered to "loan" you money or even wish you a happy birthday, then i dont see how he has a great personality. Also dont free load off other people. if they offer you assistance take it. but you should make an effort to repay them and also an effort to support yourself. good luck to you in the future.

http://www.mixcloud.com/311Musik/

Dj mixes by di.fm forum residents dj mel wildcatfball bonovoxx and dj stev
DJ Stev is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread May 7th, 2012, 05:43 PM   #3 (permalink)
Senior Forum Addict

Correction to my post:
I mean he was coming to my birthday when he was poor, when he become wealthy he does not do it anymore.

Now any person who helps me out financial i always do something good for them by using my skills in return. I also understand how hard it is to be poor. I even helping out a stranger whenever i possibly can that i see that is having a hard time paying for something. I offer my help to them by buying something small like a candy for the kid even when i am poor.

Last edited by Oleg : May 7th, 2012 at 06:16 PM.
Unread May 7th, 2012, 06:46 PM   #4 (permalink)
DI Extreme Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg View Post
Correction to my post:
I mean he was coming to my birthday when he was poor, when he become wealthy he does not do it anymore.

Now any person who helps me out financial i always do something good for them by using my skills in return. I also understand how hard it is to be poor. I even helping out a stranger whenever i possibly can that i see that is having a hard time paying for something. I offer my help to them by buying something small like a candy for the kid even when i am poor.
well if you wish to still have a relationship with your cousin you should ask him why he no lnger comes to celebrate your birthday. but if he wants nothing to do with you its his loss because u seem like a good person. again he may not have such a great personality as u think.

Unread May 7th, 2012, 08:46 PM   #5 (permalink)
Senior Forum Addict

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Stev View Post
well if you wish to still have a relationship with your cousin you should ask him why he no lnger comes to celebrate your birthday. but if he wants nothing to do with you its his loss because u seem like a good person. again he may not have such a great personality as u think.
Thank you DJ Stev for suggestion, and kind words.
Unread May 7th, 2012, 09:26 PM   #6 (permalink)
Endless Blue
Forum Staff

I don't know how close you are to him and how poor you are and how rich he is. But frankly the simple fact that you EXPECT him to give you something is just wrong if you ask me. And that may be exactly why he doesn't come to your birthday anymore. He's not obligated to do anything with his money. Unless you're actually struggling to get food on the table i don't see why he should do anything.

People are leeches. When you have money people try to swarm you like flies on a turd. And once they spend enough time with you, many of them automatically assume they are entitled to some kind of gift. Especially if they got something before or know someone else got something. They will expect you to keep on giving and if you don't they get pissed off, call you greedy, call you bad friends, etc. It can create f*cked up "friendships" that have nothing at all to do with friendship anymore, even within families.

23-03-2002 - 06-04-2010 RIP Murciélago
Dustwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread May 8th, 2012, 01:01 PM   #7 (permalink)
Senior Forum Addict

I know if i would become rich i would never forget how painful it is to be poor, and i would always help out my poor freinds or anyone who is in need of financial help. Just like my neighbor and his wife they are always helping me out by buying me a lot of food, inviting me for dinner. Another thing is my cousin's mother always does something good for me.
Unread May 9th, 2012, 01:52 PM   #8 (permalink)
DI Chronic Addict

Quote:
I know if i would become rich i would never forget how painful it is to be poor, and i would always help out my poor freinds or anyone who is in need of financial help. Just like my neighbor and his wife they are always helping me out by buying me a lot of food, inviting me for dinner. Another thing is my cousin's mother always does something good for me.
I can understand the pain of being broke, and it's nice when people are being generous...but there's a problem when someone always expects/asks for money. You should be thankful that some people (your neighbor, your cousin's mother...) are being so helpful and giving you all that food...Personally I'd get tired of this after a while, I like to help people but ALWAYS feeding someone...?! No way. At some point you gotta fly on your own and stop depending on others. Are you working?

Also you're saying that your cousin is rich. Do you have access to his bank and credit card accounts? Just because someone drives a nice car and has a nice house and gadgets, it doesn't mean that they have money to throw by the windows. People who appear to be rich can be on a budget too, and many times even be in debt.

I wish you good luck.

Last edited by Stilettos : May 9th, 2012 at 02:05 PM.
Stilettos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread May 19th, 2012, 08:04 PM   #9 (permalink)
DI Chronic Addict

Send a message via MSN to Dance4Ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustwave View Post
People are leeches. When you have money people try to swarm you like flies on a turd. And once they spend enough time with you, many of them automatically assume they are entitled to some kind of gift. Especially if they got something before or know someone else got something. They will expect you to keep on giving and if you don't they get pissed off, call you greedy, call you bad friends, etc. It can create f*cked up "friendships" that have nothing at all to do with friendship anymore, even within families.
well said, true...it did happen in my family..
Dance4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread May 19th, 2012, 11:43 PM   #10 (permalink)
Senior Forum Addict

This http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/...ple-are-greedy article describes me completely how i look at the rich people.
Unread May 20th, 2012, 06:45 AM   #11 (permalink)
Endless Blue
Forum Staff

Quote:
Do you hate rich people? Come on, be honest. Rich people are greedy and shallow. They get rich by taking advantage of others. They are miserly and selfish. Money is their god. They don't really care about the poor or less fortunate. Deep down they are not really happy anyway.
Hahah i literally laughed out loud. At first i thought it was just a comic opening to the article to grab the reader's attention through humor, but as i read further this guy seems to be for real. And my god, he spews a load of utter nonsense. The writer is very miserable and jealous and has absolutely no sense of reality. Rich people are not miserable or unhappy. That's a myth made up by unhappy poor people who can't live with their own jealousy without fabricating nonsense about the people who have what they don't have. It's true that money doesn't make happy, that too is a myth. But money does make it EASIER to be happy. Of course there are rich people who are miserable and unhappy, but they probably would have been regardless of their wealth. But hey, if that's what you need to believe to be happy yourself then sure, keep on believing

If the rich person who doesn't share with the poor is greedy, then what is the poor person who hates the rich for not sharing? Right, greedy.

If you want a lot of money, work hard and long. That's what most rich people did to get rich in the first place.

Last edited by Dustwave : May 20th, 2012 at 07:29 AM.
Unread May 20th, 2012, 02:09 PM   #12 (permalink)
Senior Forum Addict

Yea i do not agree with some quotes in this article my self, like "Rich people are miserable and unhappy", unless that is if they have some personal issues like marriage. As for not caring for the poor most of the time it is true, but some rich people are financially and emotionally supportive, but only a few are. As for the myth that money won't make you happy i do not think it is true.
Unread May 20th, 2012, 02:22 PM   #13 (permalink)
Endless Blue
Forum Staff

Quote:
As for not caring for the poor most of the time it is true
How is that any different from the rest of the population? Most middle-class people don't care either. Nor do most poor themselves. Some care, some don't. That has nothing to do with how rich you are, it's just the way people are. One person cares, another does not, regardless of wealth. People only blame the rich cause they actually have something to give if they choose to do so.

Last edited by Dustwave : May 20th, 2012 at 02:33 PM.
Unread May 20th, 2012, 02:26 PM   #14 (permalink)
Senior Forum Addict

I am talking about the financial support. They may care emotionally, but money wise only a few do like i have stated.

Last edited by Oleg : May 20th, 2012 at 02:30 PM.
Unread May 20th, 2012, 02:35 PM   #15 (permalink)
Endless Blue
Forum Staff

Quote:
I am talking about the financial support. They may care emotionally, but money wise only a few do like i have stated.
Again, how is that any different than the rest of the population? And why should they to begin with?

Unread May 20th, 2012, 02:55 PM   #16 (permalink)
Senior Forum Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustwave View Post
Again, how is that any different than the rest of the population? And why should they to begin with?
Well i just do not like seeing rich people walking around so happy with their prince by their side having a good time, and not making any donations or helping out someone in need with the money.

Last edited by Oleg : May 20th, 2012 at 03:05 PM.
Unread May 20th, 2012, 03:35 PM   #17 (permalink)
Endless Blue
Forum Staff

Quote:
Well i just do not like seeing rich people walking around so happy with their prince by their side having a good time
You're kidding, right?

Quote:
not making any donations
This is simply not true. Although statistics show that poor people donate almost two times as much of their income to charity PERCENTUALLY (percentage of income), actual hard numbers per person from the rich are FAR higher. In fact, statistics show almost HALF of all money donated to charity comes from just the top 7% richest people.

Example: a poor person might donate 5% of their 1000 dollar monthly income (=$50 per month), but a rich person who makes 100000 a month who only donates 2% of their income still donates $2000 a month. That is 40 times as much. And the poor might give more to charity percentually, they also GET from charity since they themselves are the beneficiaries. The rich only give.

If someone is rich they probably worked hard for it. Their money is theirs and they have every right to enjoy it. You should be glad they donate as much as they do.

Last edited by Dustwave : May 20th, 2012 at 03:52 PM.
Unread May 20th, 2012, 04:01 PM   #18 (permalink)
Senior Forum Addict

It's just another myth that the rich working harder then the poor do.
Unread May 20th, 2012, 04:19 PM   #19 (permalink)
Endless Blue
Forum Staff

How many rich people do you know?

Unread May 20th, 2012, 05:19 PM   #20 (permalink)
DI Extreme Addict

Quote:
It's just another myth that the rich working harder then the poor do.
Just remember the richest man in Qarth started off with nothing working in the docks before making his way up the social ladder.