Digitally Imported Homepage

Go Back   Digitally Imported Forums > Daily Life > Rants, Raves and Gripes
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread Aug 25th, 2006, 01:47 AM   #781 (permalink)
Daydreaming Globetrotter

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTTI
Rave of the Day

“The happiness which brings enduring worth to life is not the superficial happiness that is dependent on circumstances. It is the happiness and contentment that fills the soul even in the midst of the most distressing circumstances and the most bitter environment. It is the kind of happiness that grins when things go wrong and smiles through the tears. The happiness for which our souls ache is one undisturbed by success or failure, one which will root deeply inside us and give inward relaxation, peace, and contentment, no matter what the surface problems may be. That kind of happiness stands in need of no outward stimulus.”
... Billy Graham

*EDIT* Copied from a recent "Quotable Quotes" posting - and justified imho
you would not believe how much this quote has spoken to me right now

that is my problem. my happiness is dependent on circumstances, external things, instead of coming from within myself. That is why one bit of bad news can send me down, deep down down; but on the flip side, one bit of happy news can set me right again. I am sensitive and blowing the wind, there is no unshakable happy core; how do I get that?

oh- a rave for great quotes

music is my 1st love ~ edm 4 life

All aboard travelling into a trancetastic future -d_o & I

Keep the peace flowing, the love growing, the unity going

Let the music take control of your body and your soul
travelyogatrance is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Aug 25th, 2006, 02:15 AM   #782 (permalink)
Senior Forum Addict

Send a message via MSN to Cibo

Today I will finally get done one serigraphy work which has been delayed almost a year (about serigraphy: http://www.knottywood-treasures.com/id59.html)

I've had the sketch and films done for long time but no time to print them. The work itself is far from perfect and what I wanted (because I am just a beginner) but still it was pleasure to make it. It is my most complex work so far and it has really taught many things to me. I will do better next time
Unread Aug 25th, 2006, 02:17 AM   #783 (permalink)
Daydreaming Globetrotter

Talking adding more beauty to the world!!! :hug:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cibo
Today I will finally get done one serigraphy work which has been delayed almost a year (about serigraphy: http://www.knottywood-treasures.com/id59.html)

I've had the sketch and films done for long time but no time to print them. The work itself is far from perfect and what I wanted (because I am just a beginner) but still it was pleasure to make it. It is my most complex work so far and it has really taught many things to me. I will do better next time
congrats Cibo!! I do hope you will post a pic of your silkscreen once you are completely finished~

Unread Aug 25th, 2006, 02:20 AM   #784 (permalink)
DI Resident Mad Scientist

often i have noticed that when i was alone content with the happiness and pure bliss of existance experienced, i have stagnated severely in the material realm of acquisition and progress going with this flow of enjoying everything; such that i have even joked about being in bliss even if i were to end up in the gutter, so long as i could still experience something... i have found that in order to progress sometimes i really need to get aggressive and "pissed off" about circumstances before i go about doing something to change and improve such circumstances...
to make it in this materialistic world, and indeed to make more memories and intangible goldstrikes, it seems more than untarnishable joy is neccessary to make the moves that add variety and depth and richness to life. though i still would not want to drown myself in the material acquisition part and lose sight of the unquenchible fire of exuberence for existance...
ediblesound is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Aug 25th, 2006, 02:24 AM   #785 (permalink)
DI Extreme Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelyogatrance
there is no unshakable happy core; how do I get that?
How do any of us get that, TYT?

This is not an answer, just a personal comment. I am closer to that point now than at any stage in my life, and while I cannot give you reasons, and this is not a road map of any kind ... I can say, that by expecting less, I have found more, by reaching out to others more, I have received vastly more in return, and above all else I once read a book, nothing to do with who or what I was at all, but it became an epiphany point for me personally, because it told me that it was a miracle that I was here at all.

That one personal realisation is unshakeable within me ... and I wake each day in a Rave, no matter what that day brings to me or throws at me. (*)

*EDIT* (*) That includes taking so long to type this in anything approaching coherence that I have been logged off twice
Unread Aug 25th, 2006, 02:27 AM   #786 (permalink)
Daydreaming Globetrotter

Thumbs up wise words

Quote:
Originally Posted by ediblesound
often i have noticed that when i was alone content with the happiness and pure bliss of existance experienced, i have stagnated severely in the material realm of acquisition and progress going with this flow of enjoying everything; such that i have even joked about being in bliss even if i were to end up in the gutter, so long as i could still experience something... i have found that in order to progress sometimes i really need to get aggressive and "pissed off" about circumstances before i go about doing something to change and improve such circumstances...
that makes sense. If you're content already, what push is there to improve or evolve or grow? hmmm.

Quote:
to make it in this materialistic world, and indeed to make more memories and intangible goldstrikes, it seems more than untarnishable joy is neccessary to make the moves that add variety and depth and richness to life. though i still would not want to drown myself in the material acquisition part and lose sight of the unquenchible fire of exuberence for existance...
thanks for this post edible~

Unread Aug 25th, 2006, 02:31 AM   #787 (permalink)
DI Extreme Addict

... and while I am here.

A Rave for ... "Edible ... the Incr-Edible"

Last edited by OTTI : Aug 25th, 2006 at 04:08 AM.
OTTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Aug 25th, 2006, 03:39 AM   #788 (permalink)
DI Extreme Addict

No idea, im just in a good mood at the moment, the gym workout was fantastic and watching the gym owner brainwash someone again just amuses me and annoys me at the same time that i just want to get out of there quicker and cause of that i feel better?

Funky isn't it?
Unread Aug 25th, 2006, 05:11 AM   #789 (permalink)
DI Extreme Addict

Default The Scores on the Doors ...

**** The Scores on the Doors ****

Some facts and figures:

When the Raves v Gripes Challenge was first instigated by DG's comments, I scriibbled down the number of "Views" allocated to each Thread.

It was :

Gripes : 12835
Raves: 10517
Difference: 2316

As I post it stands at:

Gripes: 13782
Raves: 12454
Difference: 1328

So there can be no doubt who is currently catching up in the "Ratings War", the number of viewers.

But is that the "Real Challenge" for the Ravers amongst us. I don't think it is.

The "Real Challenge" is whether the Ravers can reach 1000 Replies before the Gripes do.

Over the last 4 days the Gripes have increased at just under 3 a day, the Ravers are increasing at around 16 a day.

If those rates are maintained the Gripes will reach 1000 in maybe 10 days or less. To beat them the Ravers have to increase their rate to around 30 a day or more.

Your question:

My Answer : Yes ... I am totally mad, certifiable even, beyond product recall, well past my sell-by date!.

I don't care, folks .... this can be done ... so let's just do it!!

All we need is 1 good thing happening in the lives of around 30 members each day ... and for it to be posted here!

Hint: Heard any good music recently, anywhere? Ever Rave about it?

Last edited by OTTI : Aug 25th, 2006 at 05:33 AM.
Unread Aug 25th, 2006, 06:30 AM   #790 (permalink)
DI Extreme Addict

Rave ... the Gripes are in panic!

Whatever you do don't look, it will only increase their viewing numbers, but they are now using spoiling tactics to increase their number of Posts, by borrowing them from the Raves.

The battle has commenced ...

Last edited by OTTI : Aug 25th, 2006 at 06:33 AM.
Unread Aug 25th, 2006, 07:13 AM   #791 (permalink)
Protector of Puppies
Forum Staff

Thumbs up

It looks like it's going to rain in NYC. I hope so.
I love the rain.

By the way, I just noticed that Deadly Groove is only one posting away from 13,000.
Way to go DG, you Post Whore.

Last edited by rh1n0 : Aug 25th, 2006 at 07:18 AM. Reason: Merged
Tinkerbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Aug 25th, 2006, 07:25 AM   #792 (permalink)
Senior Forum Addict

Send a message via MSN to Cibo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paula
It looks like it's going to rain in NYC. I hope so.
I love the rain.
Hope you get rain over there. Here it was false alarm so now I'm rooting for you

Oh and teacher seemed to like my serigraphy works. I'm glad
Unread Aug 25th, 2006, 07:46 AM   #793 (permalink)
Protector of Puppies
Forum Staff

Thumbs up thank you

Thanks for the merger, rh1n0.
Please include check to deposited into my account next time dude.
Love and hugs for the penguin dude.

Unread Aug 25th, 2006, 08:20 AM   #794 (permalink)
DI Extreme Addict

Quote:
you have an amazing way with words, edible.
and i always notice that the angry moments...being 'pissed off' actually adds to the sweetness of all that is joy and happiness. without dark there is no light; and the pure joy of coming through such experiences is joyful and blissful in itself!!!!

*every breath is a memory in the making*

~and my rave is for the great news i received this morning!!!! 2cm, 70%....anytime now. well i am kinda nervous, but nevertheless excited! ~

*-Truth is still truth even if no one believes it. A lie is still a lie even if everyone believes it.-*

soundtrack of my life: Communicate-sasha and
digweed
faerie dust is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Aug 25th, 2006, 12:43 PM   #795 (permalink)
Daydreaming Globetrotter

Talking happy happy joy joy for faeries little boy!! :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by faerie dust
you have an amazing way with words, edible.
and i always notice that the angry moments...being 'pissed off' actually adds to the sweetness of all that is joy and happiness. without dark there is no light; and the pure joy of coming through such experiences is joyful and blissful in itself!!!!

*every breath is a memory in the making*

~and my rave is for the great news i received this morning!!!! 2cm, 70%....anytime now. well i am kinda nervous, but nevertheless excited! ~
ah!!! 8 cm, 30% to go, OMG how exciting!! You could be having your baby right now actually, oh that is so exciting!! go for your goal sis, YOU CAN DO IT!!! Thinking of you, can't wait to hear the happy news!!!

Unread Aug 25th, 2006, 12:56 PM   #796 (permalink)
DI Chronic Addict

Quote:
A RAVE for ME!

I almost always read edible's posts and I almost always got no clue what he's talking about ... but not this time
I understood it and loved it

Also a RAVE for faerie's baby to be (almost) born

btw: combining raves seems counterproductive to the main goal ... is it therefore wrong to combine raves?
Unread Aug 25th, 2006, 01:03 PM   #797 (permalink)
DI Chronic Addict

Faerie, big raves to you!!!
StarkRavinMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Aug 25th, 2006, 02:24 PM   #798 (permalink)
Protector of Puppies
Forum Staff

Thumbs up raves, raves, and more raves

Quote:
Originally Posted by didi
btw: combining raves seems counterproductive to the main goal ... is it therefore wrong to combine raves?
The moderators are free to do what they feel is best for the DI community. Since my postings were back-to-back, and a minute apart, he merged them. I have no problem with it.

Big hugs and love for the moderators who try to keep DI.FM running as smoothly as possible.
Unread Aug 25th, 2006, 06:51 PM   #799 (permalink)
DI Extreme Addict

Send a message via MSN to Timmy Send a message via Yahoo to Timmy

The funniest thing happened on my first day of work yesterday.

The very second song that came on the cd player was "Witch Doctor" and I thought it was the bestest thing that could happen on a first day.

Also work was heaps of fun
Unread Aug 25th, 2006, 07:56 PM   #800 (permalink)
Daydreaming Globetrotter

Thumbs up pleasure, pleasure everywhere~

I just had a most excellent Mexican dinner: baby tortilla rollups, margaritas, tacos, and apple enchiladas!! *yum yum*

Yes I've been raving alot about food lately, it is one of life's greatest pleasures after all!!

and a rave for relaxing nights at home! *ahhhhhhh*