Digitally Imported Homepage

Go Back   Digitally Imported Forums > Daily Life > Rants, Raves and Gripes
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread Aug 30th, 2009, 12:00 AM   #1441 (permalink)
Chillin with Buddah
Forum Moderator

Spambots that come on here and flood the forums with their nonsense. Too bad the mods are never around when they do.
Unread Aug 30th, 2009, 12:19 AM   #1442 (permalink)
Senior Forum Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadly Groove View Post
Spambots that come on here and flood the forums with their nonsense. Too bad the mods are never around when they do.
Come on, a music forum is the first place you're gonna look if you wanna buy an iPhone or Nike sneaks!

But yeah, it's annoying...

www.twitter.com/sal_o_mon
salomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Aug 30th, 2009, 12:25 AM   #1443 (permalink)
Chillin with Buddah
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by salomon View Post
Come on, a music forum is the first place you're gonna look if you wanna buy an iPhone or Nike sneaks!

But yeah, it's annoying...

Nice!!!
Unread Aug 30th, 2009, 01:53 AM   #1444 (permalink)
Forum Moderator
Forum Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadly Groove View Post
I have done the report post a few times myself due to this issue.
Firebug is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Aug 30th, 2009, 01:59 AM   #1445 (permalink)
Chillin with Buddah
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firebug View Post
I have done the report post a few times myself due to this issue.
Yeah I do it all the time when a spambot comes on here with its little bitch ass rip off ads.
Unread Aug 30th, 2009, 03:54 AM   #1446 (permalink)
Regular Forum Addict

Most of the things that would piss me off would be the same as everyone else's... but to a lesser degree. I owe it all to my dad, A.K.A. "the biggest loser in the universe".

I don't think the cheap P.O.S. has ever said anything complementary about me since the day I was born. His favorite pastime was to kill (and sometimes eat) all the animals that I brought home for pets. The retard stopped doing so once we came to N. America only because he would get in trouble for it.

The coward did nothing to stop my drunk abusive neighbor (who with his 2 inbred sons) used to beat me and the other kids in my area to a pulp. My dad actually used to sit down for drinks with the dude and the only time I saw him do anything brave was when the abusive neighbor and some other dude got in a fight. He got between the brawlers and "made peace" (all I wanted was for the other dude to split my neighbor's head open with the machete he had in his hands).

The one person who stood up for me was a young baby sitter of mine who did a better job taking care of me than my psychotic mom. But my dad had to ruin any future contacts my family had with the lady because he cheater on my mom with her.

When we moved to N. America; my dad got a job outta town and he gamble away most of his earnings (and probably blew the rest on prostitutes). My uncle had a business here and he helped my dad receive unemployment because the dumbass was too incompetent to do anything right. My dad's favorite hobby was to make me climb the roof of our 4-story 100+ yr old house to do repairs because he was too cheap to pay for a pro and too old to do it himself. We literally made 7 tiny rooms outta what was once our attic because he wanted to squeeze as much "free space" as he can. It was a release when the house burnt down and we actually had to spend real money to build a new one.

My dad's best/worst asset is his mouth. He'd wonder around our neighborhood to talk to anyone who would listen to him ramble. His favorite subjects are the "weaknesses" of others; weather someone is too fat, too short, too broke, etc... he'd open his big mouth and keep trashing people like it's some personal joke. I had to pay for an entire banquet out of my own pocket once because he told my relatives that their children were less attractive than other "normal" children.

I usually buy groceries for my family because my dad only buys from the "cheapest" place in Chinatown. The worst thing is, his shit don't cost the least, but they are the most rotten. I can get pristine bananas from Wal-Mart (or Safeway... or just about anywhere) for 65 cents a pound while the freakin' imbecile brings home rotten bananas that cost 70 cents a pound. Hell, the guy spent a month chiseling away at a stucco wall when we expanded our new home because he was too cheap to spend $20 for an electric blade grinder. He lied to me that the person working at Home Depot told him that the grinder wouldn't work. Later I bought one myself and completed the job in less than a day.

2 1/2 years ago I went back to Asia, dug up my grandpa's bones from the forest, retrieved my grandma's ashes from temporary storage and buried them together in a funeral home by my old village. My dad had 7 chances to do so the last 7 times he went back but he didn't. He didn't even take care of my grandma during here dying days (my relatives told me). My grandma moved to Hong Kong by herself and worked till her back was broken and permanently bent so she could send money back home to the mainland to take care of our family. When I saw her 10 years ago for the first time since I was a kid, she was living in a cubbyhole that she was sharing with 4 migrant workers. Fortunately my uncle in China was able to move her into his home and took care of her until she passed away.

The straw that almost "my camel's back" was when I having diner with my older cousin in my hometown (2 1/2 years ago) and he reminisced about how he carried me to the hospital when I fell from the roof of an army truck and split my skull on the ground when was 7. I had always though that it was my dad who was carrying me in his arms and I used to tell everyone how proud I was of him for that. At that very moment I realized that the stupid f*cker (my dad) had known the real truth but didn't have the balls to tell me about it.

Everyday in the life that is my dad's brings a new low that I could not have possible foresee. He's like Homer Simpson and Peter Griffin combined... but worse. Just a couple of hours ago, he had embarrassed me in front my my entire extended family in a banquet (including visiting members from overseas).

Strangely enough, I can't bring myself to hate him. I hate evil people like Hitler, Pol Pot, Stalin, etc... my old man is too futile and pathetic to be hated. That and of course he does have some redeeming qualities that qualifies him as a human being. He's never been overly abusive and he's not a criminal. And no, it's not because he's too much of a coward to be a badass, he's actually got some degree of honor, kindness, and morality. It's just too bad he's one of the dumbest people I know on the face of the earth. So I guess I can credit him for my patience. It's extremely rare for me to meet someone that can piss me off as much as the guy... so I'm usually calm while people around me get angry over lesser problems.

Oh well, sorry for my long winded rant. I don't really talk to my friends or family about my problems. I usually find a forum I'm comfortable with and vent a little from time to time. Please pay no mind to my rage... it will pass shortly.

Last edited by D_Unit : Aug 30th, 2009 at 03:58 AM.
D_Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Aug 30th, 2009, 04:14 AM   #1447 (permalink)
Chillin with Buddah
Forum Moderator

D Unit, I was reading your rant while listening to a dark angry trance track that I am working on and both of them combined is pretty haunting. I don't know what to say but I hope better days are ahead for you man.
Unread Aug 30th, 2009, 12:31 PM   #1448 (permalink)
Regular Forum Addict

^ Thanks bro. I'm a glass half full kinda guy and can handle a lot hypocrisy and irony. I just wish that some others would have more commence sense for their own well being. Anyways, the old man's getting old and feeble... sooner or later he'll lose the strength to be a dick.

Edit: May dad's a lot older than me 'cause he had me late. Dude was "the best looking guy" in town but he was a lot older than my mom when they met. The dumbass gave a mutual friend a 10+ yr old photo of him to show to my mom; my mom got excited and agreed to go out with him. Till this day she won't stop mentioning how pissed off she got when she first saw my dad (who was balding at the time) and realized that he had tricked her (lucky for me, I have my dad's face but my mom's hair).

Last edited by D_Unit : Aug 30th, 2009 at 12:50 PM.
D_Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Aug 30th, 2009, 12:59 PM   #1449 (permalink)
Forum Moderator
Forum Staff

That was a very well written rant. I feel sorry for ya man.

Sidenote: Homer Simpson is a great father. Seriously, he works day in day out to provide for his family under a boss he hates. He takes his family on trips, he always spends time with his wife and kids, even if he doesn't always understand them, and he always makes time for his friends. He may be a bit of a doofus, but he makes for a great dad in my eyes.
Unread Aug 31st, 2009, 02:18 PM   #1450 (permalink)
DI Chronic Addict

Send a message via MSN to Xyz_39808 Send a message via Skype™ to Xyz_39808

We need another spammer like jenna69

Missed our tag team set "Parting Tributes" but still wanna hear?
Find it here! http://soundcloud.com/ridleyxyz/
Xyz_39808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Sep 3rd, 2009, 05:29 AM   #1451 (permalink)
DI Extreme Addict

I hate hypocrites and some political people
MagikYakup is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Sep 3rd, 2009, 10:50 AM   #1452 (permalink)
Forum Moderator
Forum Staff

So it pisses you off that you can't jump out of a plane because of something that happened because you jumped out of a plane?

Just be happy to be alive will ya.
Unread Sep 3rd, 2009, 10:53 AM   #1453 (permalink)
Protector of Puppies
Forum Staff

Thumbs up thank God for ignore lists

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firebug View Post
So it pisses you off that you can't jump out of a plane because of something that happened because you jumped out of a plane?

Just be happy to be alive will ya.
Regrettably it was his leg that broke and not both arms. We could use a vacation from his stupidity.
Tinkerbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Sep 3rd, 2009, 11:32 AM   #1454 (permalink)
Forum Moderator
Forum Staff

I never dissed anything. I was just being amused at the irony of why you are pissed off. In fact, if anything, I have been a bit envious all my life of everyone who gets to jump from that high.

As for the girl, maybe she just is more durable than you are. Actually, I don't think it's a maybe.
Unread Sep 6th, 2009, 03:04 AM   #1455 (permalink)
DI Chronic Addict

I just got home after the fat asshole of a security guard who at the last minute closes the will-call entrance for the Swedish Egil/Roger Shah/Simon Patterson gig tonight claiming "We've reached capacity and the fire marshall won't allow anymore people right now". BULL FCUKING SHIT!! We all saw with our own eyes the hoards of people walking out while we were waiting. WTF! Do we have to show-up at sunset and risk being bored off our asses inside for hours just to make sure we get in from now on?

Then we wait for an hour for the place to clear out a little just to hear that they're no longer accepting our will-call tickets or even selling tickets at the box. I'm not so pissed about wasting the $50 as I am not getting to finally see 3 of the absolutely best EDM producers/DJs to walk this earth
Peter Gun: Pressure Point
Ivan Nikusev & Wav-E: Aurora (Airwave Breaks Remix)
Timewave: Strange Worlds
Mirok: LSDrome

Last edited by The Rush : Sep 6th, 2009 at 03:11 AM.
The Rush is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Sep 7th, 2009, 11:30 AM   #1456 (permalink)
Regular Forum Addict

What pisses me off? When a cop pulls out and drives behind me for a period of time. I always think like he is following me and that I'm doing something wrong, so I end up all nervous. Then he turns away and I'm pissed cause I got so worked up over it. Damn fuzz.

I Heart Uplifting Trance!
Cemoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Sep 7th, 2009, 05:16 PM   #1457 (permalink)
DI Extreme Addict

haha man that's called a guilty conscience .

what pisses me off?

Having a mountain of school work to get through, and so little time to do it in.
Procrastination is the best key. hahaha

also. My house mate is annoying the S H I T outta me. she is so messy and yuck. I just cleaned up the kitchen and she comes down and makes brekky, and messes it al back up again. GRRRRRRR
Unread Sep 7th, 2009, 06:54 PM   #1458 (permalink)
DI Chronic Addict

brekky
is that an aussie thing
"Hasheesh helped a great deal, and once sent him to a part of space where form does not exist, but where glowing gases study the secrets of existence. And a violet-coloured gas told him that this part of space was outside what he had called infinity"
Bubble Wrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Sep 8th, 2009, 01:35 AM   #1459 (permalink)
DI Extreme Addict

brekky is breakfast. We are the lazy people of the world. Fear us!
Unread Sep 8th, 2009, 08:19 AM   #1460 (permalink)
Reformed Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by too-far View Post
brekky is breakfast. We are the lazy people of the world. Fear us!

We even turned Telecom Australia into Telstra

*last minute edit* too-far you going to Ferry Corsten at the Hordern Saturday nite?

Last edited by Wootman : Sep 8th, 2009 at 08:22 AM.
Wootman is offline   Reply With Quote