Digitally Imported Homepage

Go Back   Digitally Imported Forums > Daily Life > Rants, Raves and Gripes
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread Jul 10th, 2008, 06:26 PM   #101 (permalink)
DI Chronic Addict

Send a message via AIM to DjJuanTwo Send a message via MSN to DjJuanTwo Send a message via Skype™ to DjJuanTwo

This vietnamese girl checking me out in a restaurant for like 2mins. When i caught her, i stared back and then gave her a wink to let her know she's been caught. I got no reaction. It was really weird. She's still looking directly at me. Maybe something was going on behind me. Nothing to look at except for empty tables and a wall with decent paintings hanged on there. So i stared right back at her as i ate my vegetables tempura, still looking right at me, it honestly felt like we were playing the staring contest till i started chuckling out loud after 5 seconds. Then she started laughing. It was the most oddest yet funniest moments in my life. She left right away for the bathroom and covering her face while laughing. Then, when she comes back to her table. She smiles and gives me an air kiss. After that, all i could say is, "What just happen here?" I started smiling and laughing all over again.
DjJuanTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Jul 11th, 2008, 06:21 AM   #102 (permalink)
DI Chronic Addict

My boss took me out for lunch yesterday and let me get a little tipsey for my last hour and a half of work. I managed to track down a lot of money that was owed to us from a patient, its a long story but he ended up comming in to pay, and before he did my boss told me that if he ever paid his bill that he would take me out to lunch. He took me to this BALLIN place down the street. I had the best ceaser salad ive ever had in my entire life.

Then we made a pact that next time we do lunch itll be on a friday when we both dont have to work the next day so we can both get tipsay!
god i love my job/boss!

..Can we dance like everythings alright.. can we trade the day into the night..
Jilly_baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Jul 11th, 2008, 10:25 AM   #103 (permalink)
DI Critical Mass

Send a message via ICQ to misan Send a message via AIM to misan Send a message via MSN to misan Send a message via Yahoo to misan Send a message via Skype™ to misan
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by DjJuanTwo View Post
This vietnamese girl checking me out in a restaurant for like 2mins. When i caught her, i stared back and then gave her a wink to let her know she's been caught. I got no reaction. It was really weird. She's still looking directly at me. Maybe something was going on behind me. Nothing to look at except for empty tables and a wall with decent paintings hanged on there. So i stared right back at her as i ate my vegetables tempura, still looking right at me, it honestly felt like we were playing the staring contest till i started chuckling out loud after 5 seconds. Then she started laughing. It was the most oddest yet funniest moments in my life. She left right away for the bathroom and covering her face while laughing. Then, when she comes back to her table. She smiles and gives me an air kiss. After that, all i could say is, "What just happen here?" I started smiling and laughing all over again.
did you at least catch that air kiss with your hands ?
misan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Jul 11th, 2008, 07:16 PM   #104 (permalink)
DI Chronic Addict

Send a message via AIM to DjJuanTwo Send a message via MSN to DjJuanTwo Send a message via Skype™ to DjJuanTwo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jilly_baby View Post
My boss took me out for lunch yesterday and let me get a little tipsey for my last hour and a half of work. I managed to track down a lot of money that was owed to us from a patient, its a long story but he ended up comming in to pay, and before he did my boss told me that if he ever paid his bill that he would take me out to lunch. He took me to this BALLIN place down the street. I had the best ceaser salad ive ever had in my entire life.

Then we made a pact that next time we do lunch itll be on a friday when we both dont have to work the next day so we can both get tipsay!
god i love my job/boss!
You are so lucky jilly! I am mighty jealous of your work place. Btw, what's the ballin restaurant's name?

Woke up still feeling like crap. But when i realized my english bulldog was resting his face on my stomach while he sleeps, then that made me smile.
Unread Jul 12th, 2008, 06:39 AM   #105 (permalink)
DI Chronic Addict

www.20hobsonst.com there a nice little story about the whole thing too! plus they play jazz on friday nights for free! how cool!

Check it out! mind you if your hungry dont looks at the menu's! mm mm good! the best ceaser salad ive had in my entire life i tell you!

my new fav place.

aww about the bulldog. i want one!

To Bender, stop looking at my picture you dirty old man!!
joking

..Can we dance like everythings alright.. can we trade the day into the night..
Jilly_baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Jul 12th, 2008, 07:40 AM   #106 (permalink)
DI Chronic Addict

a good strong Kamikaze

blonde twins

Beautiful football
Unread Jul 12th, 2008, 10:17 AM   #107 (permalink)
DI Chronic Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jilly_baby View Post
www.20hobsonst.com there a nice little story about the whole thing too! plus they play jazz on friday nights for free! how cool!

Check it out! mind you if your hungry dont looks at the menu's! mm mm good! the best ceaser salad ive had in my entire life i tell you!

my new fav place.

aww about the bulldog. i want one!

To Bender, stop looking at my picture you dirty old man!!
joking
Oh man, i havent had breakfast and already im almost willing to fly out there and get their australian rack of lamb. (Bet dAni would kill me if i ordered that). Their lunch prices are all great too. Read the history. Amazing stuff and truly a brave man.

So far, honestly, the best salad i ever had was at Ruby's Diner, (http://www.rubys.com/1-menu/menu.aspx). The Ruby’s Apple, Pecan & Bleu Cheese Salad is awesome to me. I've tried salads at "ballin" places too. But their's is great too with awesome style to it. Though sort of on the bland side. The one at ruby's is just packed with this robust flavors and still remains really healthy as well.

You sound like a very active person. Bulldoggies are usually known to be lazy. Unless you're just looking for a dog play with for a short time, then bulldogs are perfect ideas. Though if you find one similar to my bulldoggies personality. Should be perfect for you, if you're a really active person. Then again, mine is confused what type of dog it is. He really acts like a toy dog, always wants to sit on your lap when watching tv, he's really active, and he's even able to keep up with me running around the park.

Here's a picture if you're curious what he looks like. He's protecting his cousin, (Spanky), from the fedex guy, ha ha. Picture was taken at my parent's place.
Attached Thumbnails
bear-n-spanks.jpg  
Unread Jul 12th, 2008, 10:09 PM   #108 (permalink)
DI Extreme Addict

Jilly is hot.
Unread Jul 13th, 2008, 04:23 AM   #109 (permalink)
DI Critical Mass

Send a message via ICQ to misan Send a message via AIM to misan Send a message via MSN to misan Send a message via Yahoo to misan Send a message via Skype™ to misan
Talking *leaving las vegas mode*

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasjim View Post
a good strong Kamikaze

blonde twins

Beautiful football

what the hell is a kamikaze ?

is it the one that Ben Sanderson orders in LLV ?
Unread Jul 13th, 2008, 05:31 AM   #110 (permalink)
DI Critical Mass

Send a message via MSN to PhineasFreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by misan View Post
what the hell is a kamikaze ?
he went to the effort of making a link in his post to answer that question - use your mouse you lazy mofo!

New Psy-Dub remix!
http://www.ubetoo.com/psytrance/46349
PhineasFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Jul 13th, 2008, 05:38 AM   #111 (permalink)
DI Critical Mass

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhineasFreak View Post
he went to the effort of making a link in his post to answer that question - use your mouse you lazy mofo!
i am lazy...
Unread Jul 14th, 2008, 09:51 AM   #112 (permalink)
DI Chronic Addict

Default 88/89

Reading about instances of people coming together.
http://women.timesonline.co.uk/tol/l...cle4255627.ece

I'd trade years off my life to have been a part of that.
Unread Jul 14th, 2008, 10:19 AM   #113 (permalink)
DI Critical Mass

Send a message via MSN to PhineasFreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thirst View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by davina mccall
"A lot of us suffered consequences. My comedowns left me feeling really atrocious. I started taking heroin to try to offset my E hangovers and the achy joints they gave me. I started with an appetite and ended with a habit.”
who would have ever guessed!

New Psy-Dub remix!
http://www.ubetoo.com/psytrance/46349
PhineasFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Jul 14th, 2008, 02:54 PM   #114 (permalink)
DI Chronic Addict

Wink ...90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thirst View Post
Reading about instances of people coming together.
http://women.timesonline.co.uk/tol/l...cle4255627.ece

I'd trade years off my life to have been a part of that.

I was 13/14/15 looking 17/18/19 with an older brother and a older sister opening doors and giving me tips.
the hooligans didn't care about smashing each others skulls in and were occupied by/with E
above that all the atmosphere, seeing people in the streets and sharing some sort of secret, standing out from the unknowing prejudiced crowd with some sort of elitism and arrogance (only when you were sober enough to realise your luck though).
also I was traveling between Berlin and London at that time (well, my dad and i hitched loadsa rides) and just when the UK had kinda finished their acid house fueled awakening it kicked off in Berlin with techno tectonic teutonic fall of the wall, opening up opportunities for cheap premises (Tresor, Tacheles, Die Macht der Nacht, 90Grad (here you have it, my nick...)) to avoid the illegal pitfalls and the first Love Parade kicked off with a couple of trucks and a few hundred followers, *thinks* traveling down the West Berlin Ku'damm and not yet taking the big Strasse des 17. Juni.

To quote the German band "Fehlfarben" who were big in Western Germany a couple of years earlier when NDW (Neue Deutsche Welle) reigned and although ridicilous, childish and cheesy probably the event that made Germany the epicentre of techno it is today.

keine Atempause, Geschichte wird gemacht, es geht voran.
loosely translated
no pause for catching a breath, history is being made, we're moving forward.

Westbam playing with Eastbam (who mixed on tapes because he couldn't get fook all in CCCP) and Leningrad Cowboys with the Russian Red Army Choir,
everything was possible.

I'd trade years off my life to catch some of those moments again.

Last edited by 90degrees : Jul 14th, 2008 at 02:56 PM. Reason: typo
90degrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Jul 15th, 2008, 07:07 AM   #115 (permalink)
DI Chronic Addict

Way to enter your teen years lol, you must've been off your face. I imagine you owe who you are mainly to those experiences?
Were there other people your age there, or were you pretty much the youngest? And did you appreciate fully what was going on? I mean, given the choice would you have prefered to have been older, maybe early 20s, and have gone in with a more developed view of social inequalities and prejudice?

Lucky you for being in Berlin at the right time as well.
I wonder if there was a set of more dedicated Brits who followed the EDM scene abroad.
btw I just went on the 90Grad site, seems its all trendy now. Matt Damon and Hugh Grant on the homepage lol. Im gonna guess they weren't there in the early 1990s.
Unread Jul 15th, 2008, 11:51 AM   #116 (permalink)
DI Chronic Addict

owing mainly to those experiences, yes, off my face, hmm, at first no, but with more of them experiences (entering the 90's), yes.
I was the youngest and of course didn't take fully in what was happening around me and with me but again the reflection and guidance of my siblings helped me develop my persona immensely. Mostly i was happy with my age except for a couple of times when certain female objects of my desire knew about my age and hence me missing out on, uhm, some "hardcore hugging".
For brits i can't really say, but i presume yes as part of Berlin was still under allied occupancy.
I know for sure though that the guy who introduced me to a couple of clubs in Berlin (DMC, Beehive) was either english or american and at the time party and event organiser (cheers Bob) and although i only met him a couple of times he had some influence on me, including what I'm doing now for a living.
I knew 90Grad was something special then but that it would prevail for so long...just checked that they're not active at the moment, their premises are rented out.
It was a bit wacky then, remembering some giant plastic serpent hanging from the ceiling and seedy lighting. But it was close to a red light district, maybe that's what they took for inspiration (like the lovely cellar bar "Caracas" just down the road from them with lots of plastic roses on walls and ceilings). Their decor also changed a lot. Haven't been there for over 12 years now (fook, I'm getting old).
but from what I've heard it became some arty farty media hang out, hence all the celebs scrolling along their page.

To end this excursion (PM me if you want to know more) and get back to this threads topic -
mid 90's i properly discovered a lot of Spain (no, not just friggin' Eivissa) and that's become my eternal love affair.

everyday i think about España and it never fails to put a smile on my face...

Last edited by 90degrees : Jul 15th, 2008 at 11:53 AM.
90degrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Jul 15th, 2008, 06:44 PM   #117 (permalink)
DI Chronic Addict

a hot girl in a thong makes me very happy.
Unread Jul 16th, 2008, 02:48 AM   #118 (permalink)
DI Critical Mass

Talking *jerry seinfeld mode*

Quote:
Originally Posted by trance_fan View Post
here, ogle at it, go make yourself happy, and shut the hell up about thongs already !

http://www.revver.com/video/945783/r...ikini-contest/

Unread Jul 22nd, 2008, 12:49 AM   #119 (permalink)
DI Chronic Addict

Default To Know What Im Talking About, Go See "Things That Piss U Off".

Taking that quarter and slapping it on a guys forehead so hard that his feet raised up and even the very front row of the theater heard the slap from way back up here.

And then i got applauded.
Unread Jul 22nd, 2008, 01:28 AM   #120 (permalink)
DI Extreme Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by trance_fan View Post
I disagree. You enjoy the site of said girl in a thong, but I highly doubt you're actually happy. Happy is a word thrown around like the word, love in my opinion. People use it but don't really understand it or they use it in the wrong context.