Digitally Imported Homepage

Go Back   Digitally Imported Forums > Daily Life > Social Commentary
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread Mar 2nd, 2007, 07:50 AM   #1 (permalink)
DI Extreme Addict

Send a message via MSN to i'mthechosen1 Send a message via Skype™ to i'mthechosen1
Default omfg !!! poor dolphins !~

http://www.glumbert.com/media/dolphin (graphic)

is this god damn sh*t legal ? are those people braindead or what ?
Unread Mar 2nd, 2007, 08:12 AM   #2 (permalink)
DI Chronic Addict

What can you say after watching that .... absolutely shocking!!
Unread Mar 2nd, 2007, 08:16 AM   #3 (permalink)
DI Extreme Addict

Send a message via AIM to Roussi One Send a message via MSN to Roussi One Send a message via Yahoo to Roussi One Send a message via Skype™ to Roussi One

i love japan but the whale and dolphin industry they so ritually support absolutly disgusts me.
Unread Mar 2nd, 2007, 10:49 AM   #4 (permalink)
DI Extreme Addict

How is that different than cattle or pork processing?

Here is a hint for you townies, I just slaughtered and butchered one of my own pigs last weekend, in the back yard. So if you haven't been to a kill floor and you eat hamberger, think before you type.
And many miles be still to go,
But under a tall tree I will lie,
And let the clouds go sailing by.

-Hobbit drinking song
switters is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Mar 2nd, 2007, 10:56 AM   #5 (permalink)
DI Extreme Addict

Send a message via MSN to i'mthechosen1 Send a message via Skype™ to i'mthechosen1

Quote:
Originally Posted by switters

Here is a hint for you townies, I just slaughtered and butchered one of my own pigs last weekend, in the back yard. So if you haven't been to a kill floor and you eat hamberger, think before you type.
i many times saw how pigs were killed... i even used to see how my father cuts of the head for a rabit and chickens... but you know... seeing some pigs or chicks death in real life, does not effect me as seeing this video.... god dammit... it's dolphins, not some stupid pig, that was born to be eaten...

Unread Mar 2nd, 2007, 11:05 AM   #6 (permalink)
DI Extreme Addict

If we bred dolphins in captivity to eat, would that be okay?

-Hobbit drinking song
Unread Mar 2nd, 2007, 11:06 AM   #7 (permalink)
DI Extreme Addict

Send a message via AIM to Roussi One Send a message via MSN to Roussi One Send a message via Yahoo to Roussi One Send a message via Skype™ to Roussi One

Quote:

hmmm im not sure who you are referring to. and not many people have typed period, specially not anything controversial. so i would reconsider before YOU type and not make assumptions about people you dont know simply from a small line that was typed in reference to a horrific movie.

in my case, im appalled at all slaughter industries, whether thats american or japanese. show a video of chickens being thrown against a wall and i will type the same response. that, among other reasons is why i dont eat at certain restaurants and am vegetarian.

dont jump to conclusions and call us ignorant.

edit: why are we NOT allowed to simply be upset over a very graphic video? why do YOU have to assume we're all dumb oblivious kids?

Last edited by Roussi One : Mar 2nd, 2007 at 11:11 AM.
Roussi One is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Mar 2nd, 2007, 11:38 AM   #8 (permalink)
DI Extreme Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roussi One
hmmm im not sure who you are referring to. and not many people have typed period, specially not anything controversial. so i would reconsider before YOU type and not make assumptions about people you dont know simply from a small line that was typed in reference to a horrific movie.

in my case, im appalled at all slaughter industries, whether thats american or japanese. show a video of chickens being thrown against a wall and i will type the same response. that, among other reasons is why i dont eat at certain restaurants and am vegetarian.

dont jump to conclusions and call us ignorant.

edit: why are we NOT allowed to simply be upset over a very graphic video? why do YOU have to assume we're all dumb oblivious kids?
Ignorant was not a word used in my post, and I was not refering to anyone who has posted. I will try to clarify my point without insulting anyone, which was not my intent. Simply put, before anyone else posts about the killing of dolphins for food, they should consider if they are being hypocritical or not. I have not assumed that you are all dumb oblivious kids, I wanted to point out that if you are in that category to think instead of react.

As you are a vegitarian, I dont see why you reacted at all.

-Hobbit drinking song
Unread Mar 2nd, 2007, 11:45 AM   #9 (permalink)
Addict in Training

Thats just really wild and disgusting, a real shame, i would like to drag one of those mo****as behind my car, and slit there throats afterwards.
AlxAmg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Mar 2nd, 2007, 11:53 AM   #10 (permalink)
DI Extreme Addict

Quote:
Here is a hint for you townies... think before you type.

yea thats not condescending
Unread Mar 2nd, 2007, 10:48 PM   #11 (permalink)
Senior Forum Addict

Quote:
Simply put, before anyone else posts about the killing of dolphins for food, they should consider if they are being hypocritical or not. I have not assumed that you are all dumb oblivious kids, I wanted to point out that if you are in that category to think instead of react.

The manner in which they were killed was more shocking than the fact that they were killed. Dragging them on a rope behind a car then cutting their throats and letting them slowly suffocate is definately not necessary, neither is wounding some cornered dolphins with spear thrusts so that others don't leave.
Anarise is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Mar 2nd, 2007, 10:50 PM   #12 (permalink)
DI Chronic Addict

Send a message via ICQ to Onitam Send a message via AIM to Onitam Send a message via MSN to Onitam Send a message via Yahoo to Onitam

ugh. that's just ****ing hideous. i hope i never have to see something that savage ever again
Unread Mar 2nd, 2007, 11:03 PM   #13 (permalink)
Loading ...

Send a message via AIM to <=M=>

While, this video (with softened emotional music, and scenes that are graphic and cruel, would make anyone favor for the dolphins) yes, shows a very cruel and unjust way of butchering and killing these mammals of the sea.

However these Japanese people are only doing what any human being has been doing for thousands of years. Taking from the land and putting meat on their table, as well as selling it for money.

Yes, again I will say that this is a brutal way and very UNFAIR way of showing how dolphins are caught for meat. What about the Japanese fishermen, or fishermen worldwide who "tastefully" capture and kill these "fish". Even if one were to view a video of a dolphin being caught and killed tastefully, with added emotional music, and a lowered voice, it would come across as brutal and harsh.

But what I'm trying to say, is that human beings have caught, and killed mammals to fish for thousands of years, and "we" aren't going to stop doing it either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anarise
The manner in which they were killed was more shocking than the fact that they were killed. Dragging them on a rope behind a car then cutting their throats and letting them slowly suffocate is definately not necessary, neither is wounding some cornered dolphins with spear thrusts so that others don't leave.
I completely agree, killing of the dolphins is only human, while the way they went about it is barbaric.

Last edited by <=M=> : Mar 2nd, 2007 at 11:05 PM.
<=M=> is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Mar 3rd, 2007, 11:25 AM   #14 (permalink)
DI Addict, Sonic Fanatic

I don't know what to say about the video other than gross. You will never see me eating dolphin 1000% guaranteed. One thing you won't see is cows doing stunt acts at any place called Land World!!!

Last edited by Trance88 : Mar 3rd, 2007 at 11:31 AM.
Trance88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Mar 4th, 2007, 06:03 AM   #15 (permalink)
DI Extreme Addict

this makes me cry... i wish we could do something about it...
Electronica Dancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Mar 4th, 2007, 11:37 AM   #16 (permalink)
DI Extreme Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trance88
One thing you won't see is cows doing stunt acts at any place called Land World!!!

i think that is what makes this more upsetting to us than the anything. Like i said earlier i dont think its right the way we kill cows or chickens or anything - those videos are just as disgusting. i think why we are so offended by this scene is because dolphins are VERY intelligent creatures, just like if there was a video of killing dogs, yea they have been used for meat in many countries but that is offensive because we have grown close to them and they are, to some degree, emotional and intelligent. [as we tend to perceive cows as being the opposite]

further, whales and dolphins are endangered species. And there are bans on whaling. yet this continues. there is a blatant disregard for the well being of these marine mammals simply for the continuance of an industry. we could say the same about oil - its sickening how simply because there is a high demand and large stake in the oil business, no one will step up and allow development of non-oil using machines. far fetched analogy, but the point is still there.

this is just imo, and im somewhat defending the right for people to be disgusted at this video, for reasons other than ignorance and high emotions.
Unread Mar 4th, 2007, 12:15 PM   #17 (permalink)
DI Critical Mass

Send a message via MSN to PhineasFreak

why do dolphins get this sympathy and none of the other myriad of species we treat so poorly?

i'm not bagging on dolphins, but questioning why it takes such a video to make people respond when such treatment of living creatures happens every single day.

why should dolphins supposed extra intelligence mean they get special treatment? surely nothing should have to suffer regardless of intelligence or lack thereof...

New Psy-Dub remix!
http://www.ubetoo.com/psytrance/46349
PhineasFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Mar 4th, 2007, 12:39 PM   #18 (permalink)
DI Extreme Addict

Wassup???

It's a great thing I decided to read the posts ... there's no way I'm watching this video. As a diver, I'm especially close to my dolphin brothers ... I've established a bond of trust with them and actually turn to them for protection and a general feeling of security when out in the deep blue sea.

I'm a carnivore and I know that there is no death without suffering. I would condone the killing and culling of an animal in the most humane and natural way, as any predator in the wild would ... as nature ordained ... in the swiftest way possible to avoid the struggle (pain). I think it is up to the individual to be most particular about the source of all meats and fish that we consume. Don't respect what u got and POOF ... it's gone!!!

BadBob
Unread Mar 4th, 2007, 10:17 PM   #19 (permalink)
DI Extreme Addict

Only in Japan.
- I float away...
- You are my guide, You are my light, You take me to a place where i can shine
DJ_Serg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Mar 4th, 2007, 11:04 PM   #20 (permalink)
Regular Forum Addict

You know, not to be mean, maybe dolphins really arn't that smart. It's very sad what happened. But come on, one of the smartest animals?