Digitally Imported Homepage

Go Back   Digitally Imported Forums > Daily Life > Social Commentary
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread May 10th, 2006, 09:51 AM   #1 (permalink)
Pb
IRC Crew

Default Will you kill someone who asks to be killed?

If someone of sound mind asks you to kill them, except in the case of euthanasia, would you?
Would you consider it murder, man-slaughter or something else?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/4472593.stm
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/4969982.stm
Pb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread May 10th, 2006, 10:06 AM   #2 (permalink)
DI Critical Mass

Send a message via MSN to PhineasFreak

personally no, because i don't care for killing (excepting euthanasia) regardless of the victim's desires.

but then i'm not sure i see that bloke as a murderer. i don't think he did anything he should be imprisoned for. it's even a tricky one whether he should be treated in any way for mental illness - where do you draw the line betwen fetish and insanity?

i guess it's right that someone places some restraints to make sure he doesn't prey on those who are vulnerable, in the same way that peadophiles though ill rightfully belong constrained in someway if untreatable since they represent a threat to children if let loose and un monitored in society...

New Psy-Dub remix!
http://www.ubetoo.com/psytrance/46349
PhineasFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread May 10th, 2006, 10:15 AM   #3 (permalink)
Endless Blue
Forum Staff

I agree with Phineas. He didn't do anything the other person didn't want, so what's the friggin deal...

He has a scary look in his eyes though...

23-03-2002 - 06-04-2010 RIP Murciélago
Dustwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread May 10th, 2006, 10:19 AM   #4 (permalink)
Chronic Addict
Forum Staff

Hell no. They can just go jump off a cliff or something. If it was to save them from turning into a zombie or something like that, then maybe I would.

If they were asking for it via threatening myself or my family, then I wouldn't hesitate to end his life.

Satya Yuga - mixed by Helix
http://www.helionoctis.com/Helix/212013-satya-yuga/

Solunar - mixed by Helix
http://www.helionoctis.com/Helix/solunar-11112012/

Apotheosis - mixed by Helix
http://www.helionoctis.com/Helix/apotheosis-02112012/
Helix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread May 10th, 2006, 11:47 AM   #5 (permalink)
Regular Forum Addict

Send a message via AIM to bobbymathews Send a message via MSN to bobbymathews

No i would not(not including ethunasia,thats a completely different matter),,,
he did kill someone horribly,whether the guy asked him to or not(different from euthanasia)
and he should be tried for murder,,
if someone healthy wanted to die,i'm totally against that,though they should be able to sort themselves out without me...
Unread May 10th, 2006, 05:37 PM   #6 (permalink)
DI Extreme Addict

Send a message via Yahoo to MISSLINEY007

umm thats just disturbing. I am nor will i ever kill some one who wants to be eaten and beaten like a cow.

Thats just gross, but he did want it, and even though The victim offered himself this could cause low morale to a whole lot of people.
Its important not to let poeple like this out because its hard to keep these people pleased once they enjoy something as crazzy as human flesh.

Its very sick and I could not do it. I could not be that man.
Unread May 10th, 2006, 07:02 PM   #7 (permalink)
DI Extreme Addict

Send a message via MSN to Hardcore_Dan

If the other guy wanted to be killed then there's no problem. Weird, creepy and insane maybe but the other guy wanted it aswell.
Unread May 10th, 2006, 07:33 PM   #8 (permalink)
Junior Addict

If any of you guys approached me on the street and said "please take this knife and kill me with it," there is no way in hell that I would. The idea that it is somehow more acceptable to end someone's life simply because they asked you to is ridiculous.

Euthanasia is a different matter altogether... If I can't end my life because I am incapable physically then I will want someone else to help..
VinylChef is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread May 10th, 2006, 09:03 PM   #9 (permalink)
DI Extreme Addict

ill let em live just to make em suffer
Unread May 10th, 2006, 09:51 PM   #10 (permalink)
Regular Forum Addict

Send a message via AIM to bobbymathews Send a message via MSN to bobbymathews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore_Dan
If the other guy wanted to be killed then there's no problem. Weird, creepy and insane maybe but the other guy wanted it aswell.
i think its possible to lie,cheat, etc ,,,to manipulate someone into asking you to kill them...or atleast set it up so you can portray to others,that that is what happened........
Unread May 11th, 2006, 12:47 AM   #11 (permalink)
DI Extreme Addict

no. no. and no.
i will not take responsibility for taking the life of another in any way, including euthanasia.
if a person feels the need to die so badly, they can figure it out for themself.
we all have diffuculties in our lives at one point or another...and also at some degree or another, difficulty is part of life...live it to the end.

and yeah, that guy should be behind bars. he's obviously a sociopath. and honestly the person who volunteered themself could be considered a sociopath as well...but now they are dead...so whatever.

wow pb, u start some seriously great threads..

*-Truth is still truth even if no one believes it. A lie is still a lie even if everyone believes it.-*

soundtrack of my life: Communicate-sasha and
digweed

Last edited by faerie dust : May 11th, 2006 at 12:52 AM.
faerie dust is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread May 11th, 2006, 12:22 PM   #12 (permalink)
DI Extreme Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbymathews
i think its possible to lie,cheat, etc ,,,to manipulate someone into asking you to kill them...or atleast set it up so you can portray to others,that that is what happened........
i agree that some one in a sad and depressed state of mind might be easier to munipulate into something like this.

I hear alot of people in the beggining saying "well he wanted it" but how would you like to have some one like this living next door?

They were both disturbed and thats just not normal. its still immoral and gross.
Unread May 11th, 2006, 09:01 PM   #13 (permalink)
DI/SKY Premium Addict

very disturbing. I hope they never let that guy out.
marensman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread May 11th, 2006, 09:08 PM   #14 (permalink)
Chillin with Buddah
Forum Moderator

If the dude was going to be paralized from head to toe for the rest of his life, I'd kill him. Who wants to spend the rest of their life as a vegtable. I'd want to die too. That's some torture there.
Unread May 11th, 2006, 09:35 PM   #15 (permalink)
Qualified Forum Addict

I would kill someone if they were in an obviously painful situation. However if some random guy just came up to me out of the blue...then hell no!
Hyena is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread May 11th, 2006, 09:37 PM   #16 (permalink)
DI Extreme Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyena
I would kill someone if they were in an obviously painful situation. However if some random guy just came up to me out of the blue...then hell no!
I think I would kill meself in a painfull situation.

* please do not report me I am just saying..........
Unread May 11th, 2006, 10:13 PM   #17 (permalink)
DI Extreme Addict

lol, a homosexual cannibal? They'd be stupid to let him out.
DJ_Serg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread May 12th, 2006, 03:39 AM   #18 (permalink)
DI Critical Mass

Send a message via MSN to PhineasFreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_Serg
lol, a homosexual cannibal? They'd be stupid to let him out.
what's his sexuality got to do with whether they should let him out?

New Psy-Dub remix!
http://www.ubetoo.com/psytrance/46349
PhineasFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread May 12th, 2006, 12:01 PM   #19 (permalink)
Junior Addict

Why should this guy be in jail at all?

I find it interesting how many suggest that it would be 'different' if it were euthanasia.
There's some suggestion that if the guy who'd volunteer to be slaughtered and eaten had been a quadriplegic, or a vegetable, then it would have made it ok?

Firstly - i find it shocking, how we can so easily define "health" as being 'physically sound', perhaps this mans experience was the only real peace he ever felt, a feeling of being involved in something. Maybe his death was something he welcomed, because his mind and/or emotional state had reach such an incredible level of inability that he was incapable of going on living, and Mr Meiwes offered him not only an escape, but an opportunity to be a part of something that would bring him a level of fulfillment.
Is Christopher Reeves wishing he were dead, having become a quadriplegic, dependant on life support? Is he being forces to stay alive? or has he found something of his inner being that keeps his desire for life alive? How can we judge another's reason for wanting to be alive or not? And are we just as cruel to force someone to stay alive, as we consider others who would offer them a death of their choosing?

Secondly - what makes human life so darn valuable? Do cows and chickens feel any less desire to be alive than we do? does the fact that we can articulate our enthusiasm for being alive to each other suddenly make us a "supreme being" that can take from it's environment without ever giving back.
It's sad, but look at books like "The Restaurant at the End of the Universe", and how we giggle over the idea of a cow that's been bred to want to be eaten. Here was a person that actually wanted to be eaten! How many reluctant animals would escape the butcher, because willing humans succumbed?

There was a time when questions such as this didn't matter? Death was a common enough punishment for even the slightest crimes. People died from all kinds of things, and so rarely did a child reach adulthood without seem death that it was an accepted and normal part of life.
Now - the death of a human has become something of a horrible debacle, an unnatural occurrence, a heinous crime, no matter the reasons for it.
Now - our perspectives have become so messed up that terrible crimes against out planet and against our society are celebrated, while a two men who consent together to do a thing, are condemned and the one who lives is locked up as a common criminal.

Sure, their choices would not have been my own, but i really think that this has been sensationalized by our societies terribly misconstrued sense of its own worth.

Last edited by /* */ : May 12th, 2006 at 12:26 PM.
/* */ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread May 12th, 2006, 12:08 PM   #20 (permalink)
DI Extreme Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by /* */
Why should this guy be in jail at all?

I find it interesting how many suggest that it would be 'different' if it were euthanasia.
There's some suggestion that if the guy who'd volunteer to be slaughtered and eaten had been a quadriplegic, or a vegetable, then it would have made it ok?

Firstly - i find it shocking, how we can so easily define "health" as being 'physically sound', perhaps this mans experience was the only real peace he ever felt, a feeling of being involved in something. Maybe his death was something he welcomed, because his mind and/or emotional state had reach such an incredible level of inability that he was incapable of going on living, and Mr Meiwes offered him not only an escape, but an opportunity to be a part of something that would bring him a level of fulfillment.
Is Christopher Reves wishing he were dead, having become a quadriplegic, dependant on life support? Is he being forces to stay alive? or has he found something of his inner being that keeps his desire for life alive? How can we judge another's reason for wanting to be alive or not? And are we just as cruel to force someone to stay alive, as we consider others who would offer them a death of their choosing?

Secondly - what makes human life so darn valuable? Do cows and chickens feel any less desire to be alive than we do? does the fact that we can articulate our enthusiasm for being alive to each other suddenly make us a "supreme being" that can take from it's environment without ever giving back.
It's sad, but look at books like "The Restaurant at the End of the Universe", and how we giggle over the idea of a cow that's been bred to want to be eaten. Here was a person that actually wanted to be eaten! How many reluctant animals would escape the butcher, because willing humans succumbed?

There was a time when questions such as this didn't matter? Death was a common enough punishment for even the slightest crimes. People died from all kinds of things, and so rarely did a child reach adulthood without seem death that it was an accepted and normal part of life.
Now - the death of a human has become something of a horrible debacle, an unnatural occurrence, a heinous crime, no matter the reasons for it.
Now - our perspectives have become so messed up that terrible crimes against out planet and against our society are celebrated, while a two men who consent together to do a thing, are condemned and the one who lives is locked up as a common criminal.

Sure, their choices would not have been my own, but i really think that this has been sensationalized by our societies terribly misconstrued sense of its own worth.
I hope your realize that you sound like you feel sorry for both of them.