Digitally Imported Homepage

Go Back   Digitally Imported Forums > Daily Life > The Chill Room > Sports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread May 15th, 2010, 05:05 PM   #1 (permalink)
DI Extreme Addict

Send a message via AIM to GundamWingman21 Send a message via MSN to GundamWingman21
Default NBA 2010 Conference Finals/Finals

Come on man, where the hell are all you basketball fans!? These playoffs are filled with so much drama it's ridiculous, way better than last season.

Any Cavalier fans out there? I'm sorry to say this but all that firepower you have and you failed 1 step behind last season. Let me get this straight.... the Cavs get much better than they did last season, and yet lose in the 2nd round. Something has to be up here. I was so expected the Cavs to get to the eastern finals at LEAST, where Orlando will give them a run. Orlando was the only team I thought that could still wipe out the Cavs, but in 7 games for that matter. And they lose to Boston in 6. Where did the dominance go? I'm seriously starting to speculate that the whole LeBron's elbow thing was a fluke. He started complaining about it at the most perfect time, and each time they lost the elbow would be mentioned (which pissed me off, honestly. Can't the Cavs just lose? James is human, he can have a bad game just like every other player so please NBA, shut up about the elbow). Remember, they did CT scans and MRI's which revealed nothing, then later said it was a "bone bruise." If you ask me, I think it's all a load of crap... LeBron, it seems to me, wants out of Cleveland. And if he leaves, Cleveland can say goodbye to all their hopes of a championship anytime soon.

Enough about Cleveland, how bout those Phoenix Suns man. Sweeping one of the most talented teams in the league, and one of the most experienced. Have to give them all the credit in the world, I love that Amare/Nash pick and roll. Their bench is something to worry about. Regardless of their improvements, I think LA will take them in 6 games. In order to beat LA, the Suns are seriously going to have to be draining their 3's at a high percentage. LA is the best 3 point-defending team so far in the Playoffs, so it's sure to pose huge problems for the Suns. Do I even have to mention interior defense?

Boston vs Orlando. Well, this is sure to be interesting. Not as interesting as it would have been i Cleveland played Orlando. Boston took Orlando to 7 ganes last season, without Kevin Garnett. Rondo is playing at a ridiculous level. Nelson is also playing at a super high level, and he wasn't in the playoffs until the Finals last season. My vote still goes out to Orlando - they're simply much more athletic and stronger. Garnett will be held at bay by Lewis, who is a much more aggressive defender than Antawn Jamison. Dwight will cause problems for the driving Rondo, and the Orlando bench will outplay Boston's bench no problem.

What do you guys think?! It's going to be a repeat of last year.... Lakers vs Orlando. And this time, I'd hate to say it but..... LOS ANGELES WINS AGAIN!!!!

My eyes are also on the off-season free agents. Holy sh*t and a half, what's going to happen!?! Chris Bosh to LA?! Lebron to Chicago?! Maybe even pair him with Dwane Wade in Miami (OMFG)?! This season in the NBA is so exciting!

*edit*

I will say 1 thing for sure.... Rounds 1 and 2 last season were more exciting. Huston taking LA to 7, and please don't forget the epic Chicago vs Boston series.

Last edited by GundamWingman21 : May 15th, 2010 at 05:08 PM.
GundamWingman21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread May 15th, 2010, 10:25 PM   #2 (permalink)
Junior Addict

if LA meets orlando again this year in the finals it aint gonna be easy.. orlando remembers last year.
kid_dynomite is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread May 17th, 2010, 03:42 PM   #3 (permalink)
DI Extreme Addict

Tell me you weren't sweating just a little when OKC was in town. But, what is your best bet on to where james is going. No other trades matter, haha
Unread May 17th, 2010, 08:03 PM   #4 (permalink)
DI Extreme Addict

Send a message via AIM to GundamWingman21 Send a message via MSN to GundamWingman21

Sheen, I wasn't sweating too bad. They gave LA a hell of a run, but I had no doubt in my mind LA would come out on top. Unfortunately, OKC let all that energy and emotion get to them in game 5 due to their inexperience. I'll tell you what, though. OKC is an EXTREMELY talented team and are definitely going to be a force to watch out for. I look forward to their progress. I'm grateful for their matchup with Los Angeles as well, because they gave us much-needed experience (especially for this matchup with Phoenix). It's what you'd expect in the playoffs!

@kid_dynomite - I have faith in Los Angeles. After game 1 with Boston, I'm not so sure if they're even going to get to the finals.... I hope they do, because it'll be an awesome rematch.
Unread May 18th, 2010, 01:31 AM   #5 (permalink)
DI Extreme Addict

Unread May 18th, 2010, 09:08 PM   #6 (permalink)
DI Chronic Addict

^The last time I saw a dunk like that Jordan was years from retirement. I'm gonna have to look-up that clip and try to catch-up with the Finals tomorrow night if I can. Go Lakers!
Peter Gun: Pressure Point
Ivan Nikusev & Wav-E: Aurora (Airwave Breaks Remix)
Timewave: Strange Worlds
Mirok: LSDrome
The Rush is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread May 18th, 2010, 09:28 PM   #7 (permalink)
Regular Forum Addict

I am a Cavaliers fan sadly. It's a good thing I didn't see this thread anytime around game 7 or else it would be incomprehensible. I'll try to sum up how I felt from a Clevelander's perspective.

1. I was in shock when we lost. Total shock. It was complete bullshit! I mean hell, we got Shaq just for the SOLE REASON to play against Dwight Howard, and we lost before even getting there. Letting one slide in Boston is what I was expecting, but not blowouts.

2. Lebron was fine in the beginning of the series, then the shit hit the fan somehow. As for excuses, I've heard things that range from Lebron just hating Cleveland, to his elbow hurting, to Lebron blowing the games because he found out that Delonte West has been bangin' his mom (look it up on google, it's probably bull but hey, it's funny). I wish I could believe that it was his elbow, but it's just not that believable.

3. What I don't understand is how we made it to the Finals when we were at our worst (that is, the worst team that we have had centered around Lebron). We had so many weapons this year, so much depth with Shaq, Varejao, Jamison (who played phenomenal), Z, Lebron, Mo', Parker, etc. We were stacked, won 60+ games in the season, then choked against one of the teams I hate the most! The whole series was bullshit but hey, I've been a Cleveland fan all my life, so I'm used to it. The Browns, Cavs, and Indians don't do very well in high stakes games. If Lebron leaves then, just like any other Cleveland fan, I will be stuck with false hopes that there will always be next year.

I Heart Uplifting Trance!
Cemoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread May 21st, 2010, 04:31 AM   #8 (permalink)
DI Extreme Addict

The Cavaliers had the most ridiculous team, and by that I'm talking in terms of depth. They're so deep its unreal. The acquisition of Jamison and return of Z was like an "omg" moment for the whole NBA. I expected the Cavs to get to the conference finals with EASE. I knew Boston would be tough but definitely didn't think they'd beat the Cavs. The only team who I thought had a chance against Cleveland was Orlando, who are now in a hole against Boston. I can't blame them too much, they played against 2 teams who provided NO challenge whatsoever. When you play against 2 teams that just give up, then transition against a team that NEVER gives up and BELIEVES they can win, I'd hate to say it but Orlando got cocky going into the conference finals.

I guess it's LA vs Boston guys. This will be epic. And this time, it's all Lakers. No way in hell Kobe Bryant is going to allow a failure to them a 2nd time. LA is a better team, Ron Ron can harass Pierce, and home court belongs to LA. Can't wait for this.
Unread May 28th, 2010, 02:03 PM   #9 (permalink)
Addict in Training

Send a message via Skype™ to Popos

i only hope that orlando will win semifanal and play in final with LA REVANGE ^^ ^^
Popos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread May 31st, 2010, 04:24 PM   #10 (permalink)
DI Extreme Addict

Sorry Popos, looks like its LA vs Boston all over again
Unread May 31st, 2010, 06:22 PM   #11 (permalink)
Regular Forum Addict

Lakers Vs. Celtics!.... Kobe finally gets his revenge and lakers will win in 6!.... Cant wait!!!....
becerrathebest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Jun 8th, 2010, 05:51 PM   #12 (permalink)
DI Extreme Addict

Let's go Celtics, take game 3!!!
Unread Jun 8th, 2010, 10:46 PM   #13 (permalink)
DI Chronic Addict

Damn Boston with its' home-court advantage. We really need these next 3 games!

Current score:

Lakers: 87
Celtics: 82

4th quarter @ 0:39.

Make that the next 2 games we need
Unread Jun 11th, 2010, 03:40 AM   #14 (permalink)
DI Extreme Addict

2-2. LA wins game 5 on Sunday, loses game 6 at home, wins game 7. LA 2010 Champs REPEAT!!!!!!!!!!!!
Unread Jun 15th, 2010, 08:00 PM   #15 (permalink)
DI Chronic Addict

Hell yeah! Here we go with our winning game!

Home court advantage FTW! There will be no Game 7!

Last edited by The Rush : Jun 15th, 2010 at 08:03 PM.
Unread Jun 15th, 2010, 11:36 PM   #16 (permalink)
DI Chronic Addict

Final score 89-67 Lakers!

I guess there will still be a Game 7 after all. I predict it to be a bigger joke than Game 6...
Unread Jun 16th, 2010, 04:03 AM   #17 (permalink)
DI Extreme Addict

Ok well, it didn't QUITE go as I thought it would. But it's still 3-3 regardless, and yes LA is going to take 7. I'm sick of the Lakers bias I see everywhere. LA this LA that, Boston beats LA blah blah. This isn't Boston or LA back during the Larry Bird and Magic Johnson days. This is Kobe Bryant time.

Unread Jun 17th, 2010, 11:05 PM   #18 (permalink)
DI Chronic Addict

Hell yeah! The title is ours!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04854XqcfCY

Unread Jun 19th, 2010, 08:47 PM   #19 (permalink)
Addict in Training

^^

---
seriot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Jun 20th, 2010, 03:56 AM   #20 (permalink)
DI Extreme Addict

3-peat, anyone? If Bosh comes to LA, I think it's totally a 3-peat. Or if Bynum stays healthy the whole effing season. I WILL say though.... we need to toughen up some bench players. I'm all for signing Kirk Heinrich of the Chicago Bulls.