Digitally Imported Homepage

Go Back   Digitally Imported Forums > Help Desk > General Help & Support > Suggestions & Feedback
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread Apr 15th, 2007, 05:16 PM   #1 (permalink)
DI Extreme Addict

Send a message via MSN to Snorski
Lightbulb merging the forums again...

Hi guys....

I'd like to propose to merge the forums again.... I know I'm not visiting as frequently as I used to, and one of the reasons is basically that everything is to much spread out and tucked away in niches, nooks and crannies...

If I look at any particular forum at this moment there might be about 10 active threads... some of the forums actually only have two active threads...

This place used to be buzzing... it was a fun and dynamic meeting place of all sorts of opinions, questions, statements, experiences, even if a tad on silly side a lot of the times...

I feel it's got to do with the separation and the increased granularity of the various sub forums... So I'd really like you guys to consider merging a number of the low intensity things back into somthing that actually got some vibes again...

In a way I owe these Boards somethings... like practicing my english (which is definitively not my native tongue) but also getting insights in other cultures... Some of the stuff is still there, but it lacks a certain mass, which you only get by combining things and seeing them next to each other, and, let's face it, by volume.

And, at the risk of sounding like an old fart, I liked it best when there was just the few forums we used to have before The Great Separation.

Thanks in advance for at least thinking about it...

Cheers,
Snorski
Snorski is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Apr 15th, 2007, 09:15 PM   #2 (permalink)
Cooking Up A Mix
Forum Staff

personally, i think the layout with the classification of the areas and the related threads in each one, makes it very easy at first glance to choose your point of interest and further search that section....it is very neat and user friendly the way it is now, just my opinion

I Use Multi-Million Dollar Satellites to Find Tupperware in the Woods :D
all my sets at my ever W.I.P. website --> http://www.t4e.nu/
trance4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Apr 16th, 2007, 07:35 AM   #3 (permalink)
DI Chronic Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by trance4ever
personally, i think the layout with the classification of the areas and the related threads in each one, makes it very easy at first glance to choose your point of interest and further search that section....it is very neat and user friendly the way it is now, just my opinion
I agree; I find that the forums are much easier to use in this layout. They were kinda clutterered before, and it was hard to keep track of threads. Like you said, the forums are much more user-friendly now

http://www.oceana.org/sharks/home/
http://www.savingsharks.com
http://www.whitesharktrust.org
http://www.projectaware.org/americas/english/pts10tycd.asp

Next Aquasound project: AC 17
N-shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Feb 1st, 2009, 04:05 AM   #4 (permalink)
DI Extreme Addict

about 2 years later I still feel the forums have a ragtag feeling to it....
... just by putting some threads together again we might get some of the old vibrance back.....
Unread Feb 1st, 2009, 10:54 AM   #5 (permalink)
Forum Administrator

Give the 'New Posts' option a shot, if you haven't made use of it already. It's located along top (blue) action bar.

It should compile all new posts since the last time you visited into a list, from all sections of the forums.
Unread Feb 1st, 2009, 01:03 PM   #6 (permalink)
DI Extreme Addict

that on itself would not be a bad idea if it weren't for two things...
1. you can only look at it ever 60 seconds....
2. all the stuff from subforums which I don't find very interesting (responses to the playlist) take up most of that list...
Unread Feb 1st, 2009, 10:28 PM   #7 (permalink)
DI/SKY Premium Addict

you might play around w/ the advanced search; you can choose all threads newer than a given date for selected forums only. takes a little more work to set up, but might be what you're looking for. yes, you can only search once per minute, but you can only respond that fast too.
Our mind always tries to persuade us that we are nothing but acorns and that our greatest joy will be to become bigger, fatter acorns; that is of interest only to pigs. Our faith tells us better: we can become oak trees. Schumaker
marensman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Jan 4th, 2014, 05:01 PM   #8 (permalink)
DI Extreme Addict

bump....
Unread Jan 5th, 2014, 11:45 AM   #9 (permalink)
PWB
VT Rebel Alliance

Hopefully who ever is left who is still spending time here... and want to see the forums continue will weigh in and offer suggestions on how we can improve our "community"

there have been several discussions of late about merging, reducing the size, making it simpler---bringing the forum back together into a place with more visibility to activity... I think especially in light of what I've seen and also participated in since the channel shows got merged into show discussion, it just seems like so much more activity giving people opportunities to interact.....

The suggestion is to merge sub-forums down... and my thought is maybe something like 3 subforums... the "music" where show discussions take place... a "DJ" sub since this is still such a key reason for many to come to exchange ideas and learn, and then the "Chill" room where all other discussions can take place.... I think we'd find much more interaction in threads and people coming together having fun again.... and an opportunity to grow our community and reverse what appears to be the current trend which does not bode well for our future here....

I know how several people feel about this from other discussions, would like to hear more.... but I think we all need to be honest about this forum... something has to change... staying the same course means the end is going to come soon.

"Earth and heaven are in us." Mahatma Gandhi

http://www.facebook.com/pwb.art
PWB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Jan 6th, 2014, 11:31 AM   #10 (permalink)
Senior Forum Addict

Send a message via MSN to ViRUS2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWB View Post
The suggestion is to merge sub-forums down... and my thought is maybe something like 3 subforums... the "music" where show discussions take place... a "DJ" sub since this is still such a key reason for many to come to exchange ideas and learn, and then the "Chill" room where all other discussions can take place.... I think we'd find much more interaction in threads and people coming together having fun again.... and an opportunity to grow our community and reverse what appears to be the current trend which does not bode well for our future here....
I agree with this... Having only three or so sub-forums would make this place look a lot more lively, since finding threads to reply that you might like would be so much easier, making people more eager to participate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWB View Post
I know how several people feel about this from other discussions, would like to hear more.... but I think we all need to be honest about this forum... something has to change... staying the same course means the end is going to come soon.
Well, DI does want to "phase out" the forums... So I can't honestly say I see them doing many changes done to this place in order to keep it alive, or to revive it.

IMO, it's not like forums are an old technology that people don't want to use anymore or that have lost the battle against time, it's just that DI doesn't know how to take full advantage of the system.

Find out more at http://difm.eu
ViRUS2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Jan 22nd, 2014, 02:55 PM   #11 (permalink)
PWB
VT Rebel Alliance

How do we help DI take full advantage of the system?

If we want to demonstrate that the forums are still worthwhile we need a show of support on direction, i.e., reduce sub-forums, or any other suggestions... A "simpler" and "smaller" forums would hopefully make us a more active community... and that is what we need to show DI that these forums are still meaningful... my two-cents

"Earth and heaven are in us." Mahatma Gandhi

http://www.facebook.com/pwb.art
PWB is offline   Reply With Quote