Digitally Imported Homepage

Go Back   Digitally Imported Forums > Help Desk > General Help & Support > Suggestions & Feedback
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread Feb 17th, 2012, 05:04 AM   #1 (permalink)
Addict in Training

Default Suggestion: a list of tracks you "like" for later perusal

Hi all,

I find a lot of stuff I hear on the DI channels is stuff I haven't heard before (and much of it I totally love, kudos to the DJs and music selectors ). With that in mind, something that I think would be useful while listening would be to be able to highlight or mark in some way the current track, a simple sort of "favourite" button that would mark the track for the user. Then later on, the user can see all the tracks they have "liked", for their reference. Just means a user can find the track again, rather than enjoying it then having it disappear.

In addition to the track/artist names (and maybe the channel it was on at the time) there could be links to a site to buy the tracks (affiliate deal here perhaps?) or maybe other options for premium users. I think this would work better on the mobile client as it's easier to provide the UI to do this, but hopefully it could work wherever.

What do you guys think?
fross is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Feb 24th, 2012, 06:08 AM   #2 (permalink)
Addict in Training

Hmm, no reply in a week. I take it this side of things isn't very active. At the moment I am considering restarting my premium subscription so this is actually an issue for me

1) What is the likelihood that this may get picked up by a dev and worked on? Do the devs even like the idea?

2) What is the possibility of getting an outside dev to do this? I am a java programmer with some iOS/android experience and this sort of thing would be very easy to implement, I'd be happy to work on it if I can get access to the code to write it.

Hoping for some feedback from here.
fross is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Feb 24th, 2012, 08:22 AM   #3 (permalink)
Tech House

Send a message via AIM to Mike Louth Send a message via MSN to Mike Louth Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Louth

We're redesigning the site at the moment - while it may be added in the future it might not be a priority.

"A forum post should be like a skirt; long enough to cover the subject but short enough to keep things interesting."
Mike Louth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Mar 14th, 2012, 09:56 AM   #4 (permalink)
Junior Addict

I have to second this, I am always checking the track titles and then MANUALLY typing them into a note-taking program on my phone for later listening/buying. It's a pain to do and seems like a missed opportunity for DI.

An affiliate program with Beatport or TrackItDown could be a source of revenue for DI.fm and a great way to harvest data from listeners.

At any rate, I'm sure it's not just fross and I who have the same desire!
mykie is offline   Reply With Quote