Digitally Imported Homepage

Go Back   Digitally Imported Forums > Help Desk > General Help & Support > Suggestions & Feedback
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread Oct 31st, 2011, 08:02 AM   #1 (permalink)
Junior Addict

Default Tracklist during Session

Hello all,

first of all I want to say that I am a yearlong lover of DI.fm! Great piece and session selection so far! Absolutely love it. The only downturn I found so far: when I listen to a session in winamp suddenly I hear a great song or remix and I have to look for the session's tracklist everytime online and then make a research through all songs... It would help immensly if you could update the session display to every track in the current session played. For live sessions it would be nice if you could make arrangements beforehand and perhaps updates during the session in case something changes... Thanks for consideration and keep up the great stuff!

Alex

Last edited by Liquie : Oct 31st, 2011 at 08:06 AM.
Liquie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Oct 31st, 2011, 08:05 AM   #2 (permalink)
Tech House

Send a message via AIM to Mike Louth Send a message via MSN to Mike Louth Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Louth

I think you just summed up EDM there

While it's a nice idea, it's practically and logistically impossible to have tracklists/playlists for every mix that we air - it relies on DJs making note of what they play and then making them available to us to share with listeners.

I don't think we will ever stop asking for an 'ID' of a tune

"A forum post should be like a skirt; long enough to cover the subject but short enough to keep things interesting."
Mike Louth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Oct 31st, 2011, 05:53 PM   #3 (permalink)
Junior Addict

Mh.. maybe in the future... with new technology available. I recently started to use soundhound on my smartphone to track down songs faster. Perhaps DI.fm + soundhound or some other program somehow incorporated would work magic. But soundhound does not always display the correct remix. Just the artist and title. Also, newer songs fail to show up.

Nevertheless, perhaps for sessions, which are older and perhaps get replayed you could display the tracks. Just a thought. Btw I am not familiar with the term "EDM"

Last edited by Liquie : Oct 31st, 2011 at 05:58 PM.
Liquie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Oct 31st, 2011, 06:21 PM   #4 (permalink)
Tech House

Send a message via AIM to Mike Louth Send a message via MSN to Mike Louth Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Louth

It stands for Electronic Dance Music.

Like I said, it doesn't particularly matter how old a session/mix/show is, or how many times we play it - if there is no tracklist available then there's not much we can do about it.

"A forum post should be like a skirt; long enough to cover the subject but short enough to keep things interesting."
Mike Louth is offline   Reply With Quote