Digitally Imported Homepage

Go Back   Digitally Imported Forums > General Discussion > The Artist Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread Sep 25th, 2007, 04:00 PM   #761 (permalink)
aka. Vanderkay

Send a message via MSN to adone

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenIcE
Hello, here's something i started a few days ago still working
with the melodies, synths and fx. I'm progressing slowly cause
of my limited CPU and RAM, but hopefully something ok can
come out of it. Please listen and tell me what you think, any
corrections i should make, maybe add something, remove
something... general tips?

btw im still in the learning process on producing.. so doesn't
really compare to your ppl tracks.. but im improving

Made with FL7
http://ncane.com/jk8 (direct link)
Good job there mate, not bad at all! When you said you're still in the learning progress I was expecting to hear DNC_kick.wav but I was surprised. And really nice melody, especially when that other synth comes in just over halfway done. However there are some EQ'ing that need to be done, some filtering etc. but keep it up
Unread Sep 25th, 2007, 04:31 PM   #762 (permalink)
DI Chronic Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyNergy

T h e ↔ J i n c h u r r i k i ↔ E x p r e s s

Listen here : http://media.putfile.com/The-jinchuuriki-express

Track Genre : Uplifting trance

Runtime : 7:15

Produced with: FL 7.0 , waves 6 band panagraphic equalizer , v-station , vengeance 2 samples.

Release date: Soon to be announced

I started producing this september 17th and loved the way it sounded. At first my first render was quite satisfying , I heard some off frequences and noticed my mixdowns were not good. So I worked all night on the 18th doing automations , panning , eqing with waves , and releasing more elements into the breakdowns and chorus's. I'm quite happy with this one and plan on making a extended version soon after its release. If you would like to remix it let me know Id be glad to let you work with it. I like how the track tells you a story and brings you to a climax almost like the feeling of peace. Let me know how you liked it. If you enjoyed it compliments are always appreciated.
There is no offbeat in the build up bassline... Its on the same pattern as the kick...
FryChicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Sep 25th, 2007, 04:54 PM   #763 (permalink)
DI Extreme Addict

Send a message via AIM to DJRaveN4x

Quote:
Originally Posted by adone
Correct me if Im wrong, but isn't MMM just boxes you move in with sounds and beats and melodies already made? Like Ejay?
well, since you're wrong, i'll correct you

although mmm 10 (the version i have) supports loops and wav-format sounds, it also has synths of its own, including a very elaborate drum synth called robota, which i use to create pretty much all the percussion in my tracks.

it also supports vst plugins. i understand mmm12 has an expanded studio-style midi interface. i need to upgrade, i want the new stuff guess i'll just have to keep d/ling vst plugins.

~~~~http://myspace.com/four_ex~~~~
DJRaveN4x is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Sep 25th, 2007, 04:59 PM   #764 (permalink)
Lost in the wind

Send a message via AIM to dannyNergy Send a message via MSN to dannyNergy

Im in need of a partner. Someone who can dedicate time a lot into our productions.

I need someone who HAS monitors.

And can EQ and level my work correctly.

you can work on the productions also if your interested.
But for now , if you want your name on the stuff I release all you need to do is EQ my shit and you get your name out..

PM me if interested.
http://www.myspace.com/dannynergy
dannyNergy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Sep 26th, 2007, 12:14 AM   #765 (permalink)
One Man Spaceship

Send a message via MSN to pudman_x

Tonight, I wanted to teach myself EQ'ing / compression ,etc alot better.

So i decided to try out a lil trancey track and see if I could make a professional sounding song. It took about 1 hour , 1.5 hour

The results:

Download linky

Carl Craig
pudman_x is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Sep 27th, 2007, 11:05 AM   #766 (permalink)
Regular Forum Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by pudman_x
Tonight, I wanted to teach myself EQ'ing / compression ,etc alot better.

So i decided to try out a lil trancey track and see if I could make a professional sounding song. It took about 1 hour , 1.5 hour

The results:

Download linky
Pud, your music has always sounded professional to me. This snippet is cool. I like the sound of your bass there. Some nice delay too. One for the clubs for sure.

Maybe we should start an eq thread. I know so little about the subject. Yeah I've been to sites and printed off eq guides, but as for eq-ing Synths>>>>Pads/Strings/Leads I've found nothing.
Unread Sep 27th, 2007, 03:18 PM   #767 (permalink)
aka. Vanderkay

Send a message via MSN to adone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Europica
Maybe we should start an eq thread. I know so little about the subject. Yeah I've been to sites and printed off eq guides, but as for eq-ing Synths>>>>Pads/Strings/Leads I've found nothing.
Thing for me regarding pads/strings etc. It's all about what the track should be like. Is it focused on the melodies, or is it focused on the beat, and the melodies are just there to make it interesting and give it a theme..

Option 1: Do the EQ on the melodies till you like the the sound of em! Dont think about how they will influence your kick and bass etc. Since the track is focused on the melody. Ofcourse you need to watch out for peaks etc. Also if you really wanna make some room for the kick and bass, use sidechain-compression.

Options 2: Here you do the EQ on the kick and bass until they are satisfying, do not allow the melodies etc. to take any power from the beat itself, use sidechain-compressions aswell to make sure the kick can pump in its fullness, and the same for the bass if that's needed. So basicly here you EQ the melody so it allows the kick to have the room it needs, where in option 1, you EQ the kick, to allow the melody to get the room it needs.

Now you can read hundreds of guides saying, this is how you SHOULD do it, but dont ever take one word they say. Cause there's only really one way to do right, you own way!.

Bottom line, EQ depends alot on what needs to be in focus, EQ'ing aint just about levels.
Unread Sep 27th, 2007, 04:04 PM   #768 (permalink)
Regular Forum Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by adone
Thing for me regarding pads/strings etc. It's all about what the track should be like. Is it focused on the melodies, or is it focused on the beat, and the melodies are just there to make it interesting and give it a theme..

Option 1: Do the EQ on the melodies till you like the the sound of em! Dont think about how they will influence your kick and bass etc. Since the track is focused on the melody. Ofcourse you need to watch out for peaks etc. Also if you really wanna make some room for the kick and bass, use sidechain-compression.

Options 2: Here you do the EQ on the kick and bass until they are satisfying, do not allow the melodies etc. to take any power from the beat itself, use sidechain-compressions aswell to make sure the kick can pump in its fullness, and the same for the bass if that's needed. So basicly here you EQ the melody so it allows the kick to have the room it needs, where in option 1, you EQ the kick, to allow the melody to get the room it needs.

Now you can read hundreds of guides saying, this is how you SHOULD do it, but dont ever take one word they say. Cause there's only really one way to do right, you own way!.

Bottom line, EQ depends alot on what needs to be in focus, EQ'ing aint just about levels.

adone thanks very much for your advice, I'll be wroking at it. I havent tried side chaining, but have seen a video about it on the net. The wired thing is as I read this your track was playing "Sounds of an Angel (Original Mix)" on DI radio. Well done that man! Thanks once again.
Unread Sep 27th, 2007, 05:02 PM   #769 (permalink)
DI Extreme Addict

http://media.putfile.com/NouveauClassicElec

I'm getting less goa and more classic electronica in style I think, still rough around the edges this one but one of my fave three at the moment out of what I'm currently doing and it's my latest
JimProdz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Sep 27th, 2007, 05:55 PM   #770 (permalink)
Wav
Regular Forum Addict

Haha used to use Magix, started me out with producing, now using FL (a small step up). Its a start though.
Unread Sep 27th, 2007, 06:17 PM   #771 (permalink)
DI Extreme Addict

Some hard trance track i just finished working on, and im learning to use this cool bassline VST that can make some awsome acid sounds, anyway check it out:

http://media.putfile.com/Apollo-13-18

i might add a new melody at the part where the guy says "failure is not an option" instead of building it down and finishing it the way it is right now

eitherway, im gettin to the type music i want to be making
krazykhalid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Sep 28th, 2007, 04:03 AM   #772 (permalink)
Junior Addict

Wav, i don't know what magix is but is it something like a more
advanced version of eJay? If so, going to FL is not just a small
step, it's a huge one

JimProdz, i like it man, really fast paced, keeps you pumped.

krazykhalid, nice effects and melodies, but i don't know i think
i've heard similar melodies before, with the one coming in at
00:42... could just be me. But definetely nice track.
FrozenIcE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Sep 28th, 2007, 05:01 PM   #773 (permalink)
DI Extreme Addict

thanks frozen, i don't know what other song would use that melody but i just came up with it while making this, anyway i finished it and im happy with how it turned out, changed it up a bit:
http://media.putfile.com/Apollo-13-37
Unread Sep 29th, 2007, 08:17 AM   #774 (permalink)
Regular Forum Addict

JimProdz, a very manic track, not what I'd usually listen too but stiil a bangin' tune.

Krazykhalid, I love that sound which begins the track, the one that you have playing the melody. Lots of energy in this one. Personaly, this is my favourite from you.
Unread Sep 29th, 2007, 12:57 PM   #775 (permalink)
DI Extreme Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Europica

Krazykhalid, I love that sound which begins the track, the one that you have playing the melody. Lots of energy in this one. Personaly, this is my favourite from you.

thanks man, really appreciate it
Unread Sep 29th, 2007, 03:39 PM   #776 (permalink)
DI Extreme Addict

Send a message via AIM to Drigh Send a message via MSN to Drigh

Its been awhile since I've been to this thread. Some new names and faces here.

Anywayz I just uploaded this for my buddy the pud man so I might as well post it here too.

www.one19music.net/jontron-thepurps.mp3 ... I was feeling real dead on inspiration for awhile and then some time off and a couple fun nights led me to make this track. Not done yet but let me know what you think.
Unread Sep 29th, 2007, 04:36 PM   #777 (permalink)
One Man Spaceship

Send a message via MSN to pudman_x

groovy stuff dawg, im diggin it

Carl Craig
pudman_x is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Sep 29th, 2007, 09:51 PM   #778 (permalink)
Lost in the wind

Send a message via AIM to dannyNergy Send a message via MSN to dannyNergy

Jontrizzle - Nice minimal beat good mixdown so far , going in the right direction.

KrazyKhalid - Intro was decent , I know ur new to the producing world so Its a good track for someone so new , The mid and outro and the breakdowns were quite unsatisfying , it went from a promising track , to a acid breakdown in seconds , Gotta keep it flowing with the right elements.

Jimprodz - Im not into this type of stuff. Like a digital distortion storm going nowhere , Maybe others would like it though just me.
http://www.myspace.com/dannynergy
dannyNergy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Sep 30th, 2007, 03:13 PM   #779 (permalink)
Regular Forum Addict

Send a message via AIM to Oceans05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drigh
Its been awhile since I've been to this thread. Some new names and faces here.

Anywayz I just uploaded this for my buddy the pud man so I might as well post it here too.

www.one19music.net/jontron-thepurps.mp3 ... I was feeling real dead on inspiration for awhile and then some time off and a couple fun nights led me to make this track. Not done yet but let me know what you think.

lovin the deep bass lines! Real dark and moody, im likin it alot! can definatly see people bangin to it in a club!

I am just starting and learning how to use FL studio 7. was playing around with it for a few hours earlier, and I am totaly blown away at all the different litle things you can do, let alone I have no idea how to use most of it.

--Berthold Auerback

Doing what you like.. is happiness, Doing what you love.. is freedom.
Oceans05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Sep 30th, 2007, 04:47 PM   #780 (permalink)
Polar Tribute Mode

gotwf is currently working on fixing a WinXP box that is hosed up as a result of low knowledge people with admin rights doing stupind things like sharing the entire C drive.....

Thank you DI for giving Brian Rogers a recurring set date! :)
gotwf is offline   Reply With Quote