Digitally Imported Homepage

Go Back   Digitally Imported Forums > General Discussion > The Artist Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread Nov 30th, 2008, 12:14 PM   #1481 (permalink)
DI Extreme Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yacek View Post
damn, that sounds clean... are those samples (for guitar and sax parts)?? (if not let me know vst you used plz) I would vary up the beat so it's not the same thing over and over... could definitely picture this on 94.7 THE WAVE (that a jazz station here in LA if you don't know)
Thanks. I'll change up the beat more, it's just a lot of work with the layering and all. I used samples for them. I tried varying the guitar, but it has failed every time. I'll try again.

I appreciate the feedback.
Unread Nov 30th, 2008, 03:26 PM   #1482 (permalink)
DI Extreme Addict

I may have already posted this earlier... Trying to port the project over to Cubase added a couple of new elements. Going to try sidechaning the synths at the end, see if i can get anything juicy out of it.

Preview
- I float away...
- You are my guide, You are my light, You take me to a place where i can shine
DJ_Serg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Nov 30th, 2008, 04:39 PM   #1483 (permalink)
One Man Spaceship

Send a message via MSN to pudman_x

wasup serg, havent heard anythin from you in quite some time.

Sounds pretty dope dude, I want the kick to be phatter though the sidechainnig, and maybe some low end EQing will do just that.

The bass could be a bit heavier too, EQing in the right places.

Overall pretty dope though, bit uplifting for my taste, but I know you got that soft spot for trance

Carl Craig
pudman_x is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Nov 30th, 2008, 11:53 PM   #1484 (permalink)
Regular Forum Addict

Sounds great Serg, I really like that piano! I do agree with pudman that the bass could be beefed up a tad, especially in the beginning, but overall it sounds damn professional. Can't wait to hear the finished version.

I Heart Uplifting Trance!
Cemoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Dec 1st, 2008, 03:03 PM   #1485 (permalink)
DI Chronic Addict

Send a message via MSN to Xyz_39808 Send a message via Skype™ to Xyz_39808

Jimmy: NewIdea63, I think your kick needs a snappy high end to give 'em a good punch. Again, some variation to the drum rhythm wouldn't be a bad idea.

OldOldSkool: Loved the UK hardcore feel to it. The levels got outta control when your voice came in again (loved the beatboxin' though). Maybe some cleaning up & EQ'ing so it won't fill up the volumes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xyz_39808 View Post
Hurray! Recovered everything

Deutsch's Phantom Word example
Are there any reliable means that you can find the pitch of noise? I want to make some harmonies with the sounds that entered at 0.33 and will probably need to adjust the speed of them. Traditional harmony in minimal is gonna be fun tryin' to figure out. Especially since I want to avoid droning anything as that'll ruin the minimal sound.

Missed our tag team set "Parting Tributes" but still wanna hear?
Find it here! http://soundcloud.com/ridleyxyz/

Last edited by Xyz_39808 : Dec 1st, 2008 at 03:27 PM. Reason: grammar
Xyz_39808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Dec 4th, 2008, 05:56 PM   #1486 (permalink)
DI Extreme Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_Serg View Post
I may have already posted this earlier... Trying to port the project over to Cubase added a couple of new elements. Going to try sidechaning the synths at the end, see if i can get anything juicy out of it.

Preview
Everyone above pretty much hit the nail on the head. Great track!
Unread Dec 7th, 2008, 09:53 PM   #1487 (permalink)
Regular Forum Addict

some electro I'm workin on... tips/feedback welcome..link below

-->
http://yacek.net/MP3/Yacek_Disco%20Off.mp3

<--

Yacek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Dec 7th, 2008, 10:34 PM   #1488 (permalink)
Qualified Forum Addict

The basic rhythm and flow of the whole track, yacek, is beautiful. There are some elements that could be altered a bit, as I can hear a bit of frequencies clashing (mainly with your bass and kick) especially in the beginning.

When the break-down comes and the vocal 'disco off' comes in, I think it could be tightened up a bit. I was waiting for the smashing rhythm to come back in, but was held in the air - kind of like that first drop off a roller coaster.

Killer electro track, otherwise.
Silwolffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Dec 8th, 2008, 01:29 AM   #1489 (permalink)
Regular Forum Addict

Smile Re: Disco Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silwolffe View Post
The basic rhythm and flow of the whole track, yacek, is beautiful. There are some elements that could be altered a bit, as I can hear a bit of frequencies clashing (mainly with your bass and kick) especially in the beginning.

When the break-down comes and the vocal 'disco off' comes in, I think it could be tightened up a bit. I was waiting for the smashing rhythm to come back in, but was held in the air - kind of like that first drop off a roller coaster.

Killer electro track, otherwise.
thank you... yes, eq work is desperately needed not to mention a mastering session.... so you like the bass rhythm at the beginning and want that to come back? hmm, we'll see (if I can make it work).

EDIT: I've been thinkin about your idea... yup, im gonna make it work after the second break (good idea!)... well right now im goin to sleep but tomorrow I'm gonna try and figure that out.

Last edited by Yacek : Dec 8th, 2008 at 01:38 AM.
Unread Dec 8th, 2008, 02:46 AM   #1490 (permalink)
Qualified Forum Addict

hey guys, just finished a new remix of feel good inc. - gorillaz.
proper eqing, and mixdown is needed as well as mastering, but i like the track so i decided to post it anyways
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...ndid=370753688
first track in player.
tell me what you guys think
omarion111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Dec 8th, 2008, 03:11 AM   #1491 (permalink)
Qualified Forum Addict

Hey Omarion, the beginning of your remix... trash that. It doesn't fit in at all, and it's definitely way too 'bright' compared to the deep, grainy vocals. There's also a tinkling bell timbre that breaks in around the track in certain spots. It just may be me, but a bright bell-like timbre doesn't fit in well. Your bass-line, the glitchiness, was superb. I was able to get into a rhythm - that part I liked.

It has great potential though (I love Gorillaz), and I like your other stuff. Keep it up!

Is there any way I could download your "When You're Alone" track? It's no shock to me why that track has so many listens to it.
Silwolffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Dec 8th, 2008, 11:15 AM   #1492 (permalink)
Regular Forum Addict

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by omarion111 View Post
hey guys, just finished a new remix of feel good inc. - gorillaz.
proper eqing, and mixdown is needed as well as mastering, but i like the track so i decided to post it anyways
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...ndid=370753688
first track in player.
tell me what you guys think
damn, that's tight... really simple, not a lot of change ups, but I like it... are those organs in the intro samples? Also what synth are you using for that line that's kinda like a bass (not really) you can clearly hear it at 1:00 in the "when you're alone" track.

Last edited by Yacek : Dec 8th, 2008 at 11:19 AM.
Unread Dec 8th, 2008, 01:20 PM   #1493 (permalink)
Qualified Forum Addict

Glad you guys liked the tunes. As for the intro (which is actually midway into the song), I had 3 different ones but the others sounded to airy to me, this one kinda gave a punch and fit more with the rest of the track. Maybe its the bells? (I kinda threw them in just to make more noise haha). Also the organs in the intro arent samples, I think I used Nexus or Z3ta+ for that. I'm not quite sure what it is at the moment because i converted the midi into audio clips to save on cpu.

As for "When You're Alone." It's up on beatport, but PM me your e-mail, and I will Gladly send you the track for free. I made the track solely using Reason so the Bass at 1:00 I made using Thor.
omarion111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Dec 8th, 2008, 06:00 PM   #1494 (permalink)
DI Extreme Addict

http://www.speedyshare.com/219787297.html

some melody thats stuck in me head
Unread Dec 8th, 2008, 06:07 PM   #1495 (permalink)
DI Extreme Addict

Send a message via AIM to ProdigyT

Quote:

Preview
how did you come up with all those crazy sound fx/timestretching/percussion FX that use for transitioning and building up your track...great stuff, impressed

Le Phenomene has arrived to DI.

www.myspace.com/greenhavendjs
ProdigyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Dec 8th, 2008, 09:45 PM   #1496 (permalink)
aka. Vanderkay

Send a message via MSN to adone

Quote:

Preview
Really nice piece mate, only thing I'd like see done, is removal of the VEC effects, they're so common when ppl (Who know about VEC) hear them, they right away think VEC, which is a "shame", if you follow my drill. Besides that really delicious piece mate, abit more decay on the piano part and it's top notch Ofcourse my point of view, final decission is always in the hand of the creator
Unread Dec 9th, 2008, 07:58 AM   #1497 (permalink)
DI Extreme Addict

Send a message via AIM to ProdigyT

What do you mean by VEC effects? I'm unfamiliar with that term...thanks

Le Phenomene has arrived to DI.

www.myspace.com/greenhavendjs
ProdigyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Dec 9th, 2008, 08:59 AM   #1498 (permalink)
DI Extreme Addict

I just realized the BPM was set to 148 on the clip i had posted... Lol when i started the project i wanted to make a Hardstyle tune but ended up with a trance melo so i went the trance route but didn't turn down the BPM ;P

here it is at 138 BPM:
http://www.speedyshare.com/847311741.html

sounds alot more heavenly IMO
i wanted a softer kick for it, i think the kick ATM is on a wrong basstone but ill fix that all this weekend when i buy my monitors, right now working on making preccusion loops for the track
Unread Dec 9th, 2008, 01:14 PM   #1499 (permalink)
Regular Forum Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazykhalid View Post
I just realized the BPM was set to 148 on the clip i had posted... Lol when i started the project i wanted to make a Hardstyle tune but ended up with a trance melo so i went the trance route but didn't turn down the BPM ;P

here it is at 138 BPM:
http://www.speedyshare.com/847311741.html

sounds alot more heavenly IMO
i wanted a softer kick for it, i think the kick ATM is on a wrong basstone but ill fix that all this weekend when i buy my monitors, right now working on making preccusion loops for the track
it's a bit cheesy and repetitive.... I guess that's trance for you though, hah... what kind of monitors you getting??
Unread Dec 9th, 2008, 02:06 PM   #1500 (permalink)
DI Extreme Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yacek View Post
it's a bit cheesy and repetitive.... I guess that's trance for you though, hah... what kind of monitors you getting??
hopefully the KRK 6's or Event TR6's, im going to goto the shop one of these days and check them out and listen to them in person first