Digitally Imported Homepage

Go Back   Digitally Imported Forums > General Discussion > The Artist Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread Feb 10th, 2009, 03:25 PM   #1621 (permalink)
Regular Forum Addict

new track on ma myspace! "Aniki - Cannonball - Yacek's Gangsta Wobble Remix" gonna be released on Sick Records... straight sick fidget house ;] peep it.

Last edited by Yacek : Feb 10th, 2009 at 03:28 PM.
Yacek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Feb 10th, 2009, 04:38 PM   #1622 (permalink)
Chillin with Buddah
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by omarion111 View Post
http://www.sendspace.com/file/gz850l
just finished this new track. It pretty much explains my Friday nights when i go out to the after hours clubs... (usually ends badly)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yacek View Post
new track on ma myspace! "Aniki - Cannonball - Yacek's Gangsta Wobble Remix" gonna be released on Sick Records... straight sick fidget house ;] peep it.
Will check out both when I get home!!!
Unread Feb 10th, 2009, 06:10 PM   #1623 (permalink)
Qualified Forum Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yacek View Post
wow man this is really good. Your best song yet IMO. Nice samples btw haha.
omarion111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Feb 10th, 2009, 09:21 PM   #1624 (permalink)
Regular Forum Addict

Exclamation

Quote:
wow man this is really good. Your best song yet IMO. Nice samples btw haha.
thanx... ya I really learned a lot doing that remix, and Aniki had some bomb samples in his remix pack to start with... anywayz here is somethin I've been workin on --> yacek.net/temp/feb04-2009_3.mp3 <-- its gettin me to bounce around my room right now
Yacek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Feb 12th, 2009, 03:21 AM   #1625 (permalink)
Chillin with Buddah
Forum Moderator

Very nice work guys!!!

Here's a different track I have been working on.

Progressive Trance

Let me know what you all think everyone!!!
Unread Feb 12th, 2009, 04:08 AM   #1626 (permalink)
DI Chronic Addict

Just finished our EP called "When You Drive Alone" .. Will be out on 25th Feb. on Proloop Recordings. Can buy it from every download store. 4 weeks exclusive on Beatport as first. Its Deep House / Deep Lounge
KONG is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Feb 12th, 2009, 04:38 AM   #1627 (permalink)
Qualified Forum Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadly Groove View Post
Very nice work guys!!!

Progressive Trance

not bad ideas, kinda sounds a bit generic. But you need to beef up the kick drum, and maybe add some light side-chain compression for some pumping effect.

also try adding some "trance plucks" or w/e it's called, as well as some more percussion right from the beginning to fill the room up a bit....

just my thoughts
Unread Feb 12th, 2009, 10:35 AM   #1628 (permalink)
Chillin with Buddah
Forum Moderator

Quote:
not bad ideas, kinda sounds a bit generic. But you need to beef up the kick drum, and maybe add some light side-chain compression for some pumping effect.

also try adding some "trance plucks" or w/e it's called, as well as some more percussion right from the beginning to fill the room up a bit....

just my thoughts
Thanks man, I appreciate that. It's a progressive trance tune so I don't know if I'm going to beef the kick up by much. I was actually going for a more soft sounding kick. I actually parked in 2 kick drums (the beltram) and the (xtc 7) layered, compressed and EQed. I might turn up the beltram kick by a few dbs perhaps but I don't want to touch the 0db level. It will be fully layered when it's finished, I just wanted to get the basics down. I still have a lot of sounds to park in there as well as some arpeggios and chords. The track was written in Reason 4 by the way. I love the Thor patch.

Last edited by Deadly Groove : Feb 12th, 2009 at 11:18 AM.
Deadly Groove is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Feb 12th, 2009, 08:32 PM   #1629 (permalink)
Junior Addict

E: Oh, 15 posts needed for an url. Sorry for botherin' ya.

Last edited by Diego R : Feb 12th, 2009 at 08:36 PM.
Diego R is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Feb 13th, 2009, 12:43 AM   #1630 (permalink)
Chillin with Buddah
Forum Moderator

Smile Update

Quote:
Very nice work guys!!!

Progressive Trance

OK so I took that link down and re-uploaded a longer version. I didn't say this before because I just wanted to see what people thought but this track is my rendition of a track that Hydlide did in Reason last year. I thought it sounded pretty good and figured that I would get my practice in Reason 4 by recreating the track from scratch and doing exactly what he did. I certainly know how to use Reason now thanks to him. I've always used FL Studio in the past.

Hydlide - Difference Between Trance and Progressive Trance (DG's Rework)

2:08 in Length at the moment!!!

Anyway, please tell me what you all think and give me some tips on how I could expand this into something else. The one thing I definitely will do is give it the proper measures which will add maybe a couple minutes onto it but I just wanted to get the whole track laid out into smaller increments. Hydlide never finished it so I will finish it instead. It's not really my style of music creating but I needed to try something different so lay it on me folks.

Omarion, thanks for your input dude and I will try those things out, I forgot to adjust the kick in this one. I will work on it tomorrow night. Feel free to hear this one too if you want man.

Last edited by Deadly Groove : Feb 13th, 2009 at 01:22 AM.
Deadly Groove is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Feb 13th, 2009, 12:37 PM   #1631 (permalink)
DI Chronic Addict

Aquasound 1: Redux. I decided that I'm gonna update my first five mixes, and I'm starting from the beginning. I'm also getting a head start on AC 8. I have the first few tracks mixed, but I'm still thinking about what to use as an intro.

http://www.oceana.org/sharks/home/
http://www.savingsharks.com
http://www.whitesharktrust.org
http://www.projectaware.org/americas/english/pts10tycd.asp

Next Aquasound project: AC 17
N-shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Feb 14th, 2009, 05:14 PM   #1632 (permalink)
DI Extreme Addict

lol i just tried uploading to putfile and got an error message saying they're out of disk space. So much for reliable file hosting

Either way, I was screwing around with a melody then threw in some bass and kick. Real quick sample: http://tinyurl.com/dfhbkx
- I float away...
- You are my guide, You are my light, You take me to a place where i can shine

Last edited by DJ_Serg : Feb 14th, 2009 at 05:16 PM.
DJ_Serg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Feb 14th, 2009, 05:48 PM   #1633 (permalink)
Chillin with Buddah
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_Serg View Post
lol i just tried uploading to putfile and got an error message saying they're out of disk space. So much for reliable file hosting

Either way, I was screwing around with a melody then threw in some bass and kick. Real quick sample: http://tinyurl.com/dfhbkx
I like that one man, sounds great.

Let me know if you make it into a full song dude.
Unread Feb 14th, 2009, 06:42 PM   #1634 (permalink)
DI Extreme Addict

Quote:
I like that one man, sounds great.

Let me know if you make it into a full song dude.
thanks DG, don't hold your breath on it. You, for as long as you've been here, should know that i never finish shit i start
- I float away...
- You are my guide, You are my light, You take me to a place where i can shine
DJ_Serg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Feb 14th, 2009, 06:45 PM   #1635 (permalink)
Chillin with Buddah
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_Serg View Post
thanks DG, don't hold your breath on it. You, for as long as you've been here, should know that i never finish shit i start
I do the same thing bro. My goal this year is to finish everything I start. Whether I can or not is a whole different story.
Unread Feb 15th, 2009, 10:55 PM   #1636 (permalink)
Qualified Forum Addict

Quote:
OK so I took that link down and re-uploaded a longer version. I didn't say this before because I just wanted to see what people thought but this track is my rendition of a track that Hydlide did in Reason last year. I thought it sounded pretty good and figured that I would get my practice in Reason 4 by recreating the track from scratch and doing exactly what he did. I certainly know how to use Reason now thanks to him. I've always used FL Studio in the past.

Hydlide - Difference Between Trance and Progressive Trance (DG's Rework)

2:08 in Length at the moment!!!

Anyway, please tell me what you all think and give me some tips on how I could expand this into something else. The one thing I definitely will do is give it the proper measures which will add maybe a couple minutes onto it but I just wanted to get the whole track laid out into smaller increments. Hydlide never finished it so I will finish it instead. It's not really my style of music creating but I needed to try something different so lay it on me folks.

Omarion, thanks for your input dude and I will try those things out, I forgot to adjust the kick in this one. I will work on it tomorrow night. Feel free to hear this one too if you want man.
Its pretty good thus far, esp, being made in reason... Something about reason seems junky to me. Maybe I just suck at using reason but i cant really get good sounds out of it. In light of your song here, I decided to retry making a track in reason, and this is what came out.... Leaves me wishing that I had just started in cubase instead....

http://www.sendspace.com/file/riqj5e - "30 minutes in reason"

But with regards to the track your working on I still want to hear the kick a bit more, and after you re-create the song maybe try adding elements of your own...
Unread Feb 15th, 2009, 11:31 PM   #1637 (permalink)
Chillin with Buddah
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Its pretty good thus far, esp, being made in reason... Something about reason seems junky to me. Maybe I just suck at using reason but i cant really get good sounds out of it. In light of your song here, I decided to retry making a track in reason, and this is what came out.... Leaves me wishing that I had just started in cubase instead....

http://www.sendspace.com/file/riqj5e - "30 minutes in reason"

But with regards to the track your working on I still want to hear the kick a bit more, and after you re-create the song maybe try adding elements of your own...
I was planning on it and I think I may do that. I like the way your track sounds too. I think you use Reason fairly well actually. To me, I don't think it's the program, I think it's how you tweak sounds. I write a lot of my own stuff in FL and get nice results where as other people say that music sounds shitty in FL. It's partially about the VSTs you use too but I feel that it's more about tweaking the sounds, doing EQing and all that good stuff. I just got Cubase and I plan to do some stuff in there too. I guess all 3 have their strengths and weaknesses. For me, sometimes I like to look at a different interface too so I like all 3 programs.
Unread Feb 16th, 2009, 12:03 AM   #1638 (permalink)
Qualified Forum Addict

Quote:
I was planning on it and I think I may do that. I like the way your track sounds too. I think you use Reason fairly well actually. To me, I don't think it's the program, I think it's how you tweak sounds. I write a lot of my own stuff in FL and get nice results where as other people say that music sounds shitty in FL. It's partially about the VSTs you use too but I feel that it's more about tweaking the sounds, doing EQing and all that good stuff. I just got Cubase and I plan to do some stuff in there too. I guess all 3 have their strengths and weaknesses. For me, sometimes I like to look at a different interface too so I like all 3 programs.

I actually started with reason and since i went to cubase there was no need to ever go back to reason. Every thing I did in cubase just sounded way more professional to me. Like if i threw a kick into redrum then threw the same kick into battery it would sound much better in battery, even without tweaking, IMO.

I hate most of reason's drum samples and their preset patches are overall pretty bad. even though i like to make my own sounds, its still disappointing when the developers aren't showing you the programs' full capabilities. And almost everything made in Reason sounds like its made in Reason...

I know everyone always says that you can sound "professional with every software." So this is just my opinion on the program...
Unread Feb 16th, 2009, 12:18 AM   #1639 (permalink)
Chillin with Buddah
Forum Moderator

Quote:
I actually started with reason and since i went to cubase there was no need to ever go back to reason. Every thing I did in cubase just sounded way more professional to me. Like if i threw a kick into redrum then threw the same kick into battery it would sound much better in battery, even without tweaking, IMO.

I hate most of reason's drum samples and their preset patches are overall pretty bad. even though i like to make my own sounds, its still disappointing when the developers aren't showing you the programs' full capabilities. And almost everything made in Reason sounds like its made in Reason...

I know everyone always says that you can sound "professional with every software." So this is just my opinion on the program...
I hear ya man. I haven't tried using the same sounds in all three programs. Cubase does sound pretty amazing and I do like the whole layout too.
Unread Feb 16th, 2009, 12:29 AM   #1640 (permalink)
Qualified Forum Addict

Quote:
I hear ya man. I haven't tried using the same sounds in all three programs. Cubase does sound pretty amazing and I do like the whole layout too.
werd. keep up with the track though. i want to hear the end result.