Digitally Imported Homepage

Go Back   Digitally Imported Forums > Daily Life > The Chill Room
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread Nov 13th, 2007, 08:40 PM   #1 (permalink)
DI Extreme Addict

Default Lets revive DI!

Me and a few other members have noticed a huge decline in DI lately. Members are dissapearing, there is not many interesting topics, there is too much PLUR (a good agrument isn't always bad), and there isn't much diversity.

If you happen to be a guest looking at this thread, take some time and join, or post on the forum (if you have already joined). It would be great to have some more people around. Especially producers, I/we always like hearing new sounds.

And to fellow members, don't be afraid to get personal with other people. Post some threads on funny things that have happened in your day or something. Speak your minds, post news, videos, music.

Furthermore, there is too much PLUR. Everyone (or most people) agree on everything. No one will really stand up for there beliefs, no members challenge eachothers, in a friendly way of course. Don't be afraid to offend anyone, either way it is going to happen.

There really isn't much diversity. Almost everyone listens to Trance. I'm not saying everyone. But most people do. The genres I see that are most popular here are, Trance and House. So fellow Junglists you should join. Or people of any other genre, it would be great to hear some new sounds around this here joint. If you join, others will follow.

Look we all know DI is dieing. When I joined it was so active and interesting, now it is just, boring. I tried doing something mundane. I got in trouble.

So fellow members, LETS REVIVE DI!!!!!
Unread Nov 13th, 2007, 08:53 PM   #2 (permalink)
Regular Forum Addict

Question

Who says were dieing?
Unread Nov 13th, 2007, 08:57 PM   #3 (permalink)
DI Extreme Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonDusk
Who says were dieing?
Me. And we are.
Unread Nov 13th, 2007, 09:06 PM   #4 (permalink)
Endless Blue
Forum Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acoustiks
Me. And we are.
Dying? Ha!

Did you know the stock market goes up and down all the times? Did you know the temprature on earth goes up and down every couple thousand of years? Did you know that almost every company goes up and down as far as customers goes?

Because there's slightly less members active at the moment doesn't mean we're friggin dying.

23-03-2002 - 06-04-2010 RIP Murciélago
Dustwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Nov 13th, 2007, 09:08 PM   #5 (permalink)
Chillin with Buddah
Forum Moderator

Arrow DI and Peeps!!!

I see what you're saying Acoustiks but you know me, I always speak my mind and got into many fights that I always win. Nah, I never want to hurt anyone or make enemies and I always like to keep the peace but a good smack down comes in handy every now and then.

Every now and then I can find good music topics but all everyone ever talks about is Trance which I used to talk about in 2005 but that has gotten old. Talking about Techno and House history can get old too when nobody wants to discuss it. I posted Techno and House documentaries thanks to Johan but only a couple people were interested. Very sad!!! I though The Techno Story would have been good but that thread was nothing more than a bunch of bashing. I don't know what's up with people. It seems that the sex related threads are the IQ of people's thinking these days. It would be a nice change if someone would think with their head on their shoulders instead of their other one. *cough* *bender* *cough*

I remember back in 2001-2003 having some interesting people discussing topics but many of them were way too immature with flame wars breaking out all the time. 2004 was the height of that. 2005 was the peak year with a mass abundance of interesting topics that I participated in and there were hardly any flame wars. Flame wars are juvenile and it sucks when people can't debate maturely. I would like to see some mature debates or discussions. I'm not saying that people need to be overly PLUR but a little bit of it is not too bad either.

As for music, yes I would love to see Jungle, Tribal, Industrial and Techno heads up on DI discussing these genres instead of Trance all the time. I have a good knowledge of Jungle and Industrial but I would like to learn much more through interaction instead of surfing the net.

I guess DI goes in cycles with people and topics. I have seen the changes throughout the years and there will be many more.
Unread Nov 13th, 2007, 09:17 PM   #6 (permalink)
DI Addict, Sonic Fanatic

Quote:
Me and a few other members have noticed a huge decline in DI lately. Members are dissapearing, there is not many interesting topics, there is too much PLUR (a good agrument isn't always bad), and there isn't much diversity.

If you happen to be a guest looking at this thread, take some time and join, or post on the forum (if you have already joined). It would be great to have some more people around. Especially producers, I/we always like hearing new sounds.

And to fellow members, don't be afraid to get personal with other people. Post some threads on funny things that have happened in your day or something. Speak your minds, post news, videos, music.

Furthermore, there is too much PLUR. Everyone (or most people) agree on everything. No one will really stand up for there beliefs, no members challenge eachothers, in a friendly way of course. Don't be afraid to offend anyone, either way it is going to happen.

There really isn't much diversity. Almost everyone listens to Trance. I'm not saying everyone. But most people do. The genres I see that are most popular here are, Trance and House. So fellow Junglists you should join. Or people of any other genre, it would be great to hear some new sounds around this here joint. If you join, others will follow.

Look we all know DI is dieing. When I joined it was so active and interesting, now it is just, boring. I tried doing something mundane. I got in trouble.

So fellow members, LETS REVIVE DI!!!!!
I understand. It does seem a little dry around here lately. It can be hard to spruce up the forums.

Last edited by Trance88 : Nov 13th, 2007 at 09:21 PM.
Trance88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Nov 13th, 2007, 09:35 PM   #7 (permalink)
DI Extreme Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadly Groove
I see what you're saying Acoustiks but you know me, I always speak my mind and got into many fights that I always win. Nah, I never want to hurt anyone or make enemies and I always like to keep the peace but a good smack down comes in handy every now and then.

Every now and then I can find good music topics but all everyone ever talks about is Trance which I used to talk about in 2005 but that has gotten old. Talking about Techno and House history can get old too when nobody wants to discuss it. I posted Techno and House documentaries thanks to Johan but only a couple people were interested. Very sad!!! I though The Techno Story would have been good but that thread was nothing more than a bunch of bashing. I don't know what's up with people. It seems that the sex related threads are the IQ of people's thinking these days. It would be a nice change if someone would think with their head on their shoulders instead of their other one. *cough* *bender* *cough*

I remember back in 2001-2003 having some interesting people discussing topics but many of them were way too immature with flame wars breaking out all the time. 2004 was the height of that. 2005 was the peak year with a mass abundance of interesting topics that I participated in and there were hardly any flame wars. Flame wars are juvenile and it sucks when people can't debate maturely. I would like to see some mature debates or discussions. I'm not saying that people need to be overly PLUR but a little bit of it is not too bad either.

As for music, yes I would love to see Jungle, Tribal, Industrial and Techno heads up on DI discussing these genres instead of Trance all the time. I have a good knowledge of Jungle and Industrial but I would like to learn much more through interaction instead of surfing the net.

I guess DI goes in cycles with people and topics. I have seen the changes throughout the years and there will be many more.
On the documentarys parts. I actually watched them a few times. The house one is loonngg. But they where great. I just never got around to discussing them.

But at the "Bender" I actually love his threads, they always make me laugh. Not everything has to be intelligent. I like some good lulz now and again.

There is always like 100 guests and like 5 members on. Come on guests, JOIN! You know you want to.
Unread Nov 13th, 2007, 09:37 PM   #8 (permalink)
Eez Behszt

Send a message via AIM to Paradox Lost

Actually, I was just reflecting the other day about how there appears to be a noticeable drop in forum activity. Maybe it's because I've been posting on much more active forums as of late, but I notice that even in WoM, a lot of threads just dry up and collect dust pretty fast, without much going on in the meantime.
Paradox Lost is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Nov 13th, 2007, 09:46 PM   #9 (permalink)
DI Extreme Addict

Quote:
I was joking about Bender as you know. I get a kick out of what he says too. I agree that not everything has to be intelligent and it's good to laugh my ass off when I'm reading stuff. We all get silly on here and it's all good. I cracked up when I read your post in the Techno Story thread and Jeff Andvik cracks me up too when he posts. On topic of silly shit, you should read the troll threads that we as the Hookah Clan took over and spammed the shit out of to get them shut down. Those were some funny times.
Hahahahah! I shall look them up. I knew you where joking. On the Techno thread I just blurted out random stuff. I did it for the lulz of course. Kinda off topic, but I don't think it needs a new thread. Can DI's color scheme change please? The bright colors kill my eyes.
Unread Nov 13th, 2007, 09:57 PM   #10 (permalink)
DI Extreme Addict

I honestly haven't noticed any kind of a decline since the great exodus when the current events forum was closed at the beginning of 2004. THAT was when the forums really suffered. Right now, we're doing about the same as we always have since then, from my point of view.
Unread Nov 13th, 2007, 10:00 PM   #11 (permalink)
DI Chronic Addict

Hi, my fellow Floridian.

I guess I see what you mean by there not being much activity. Half the people on my buddy list aren't posting anymore, and most disappeared between now and the time I joined. There really isn't anything anyone can do to bring back posters; they just have to decide whether or not they want to come back. People come and go, and that's the way of life. Same goes for new users; it's their choice whether or not they want to join. However, I also encourage guests to join, because this is a wonderful community, and the music is awesome.

Personally, I plan to stay here as long as possible, because I love y'all very much. I haven't lost any interest in DI. On the contrary; each day holds something new for me. Trance isn't the only genre I listen to; I also listen to Eurodance, Hardcore, Progressive, Chillout (recently discovered it), Synthpop, House, and even DnB (I listen and post on that channel a lot). I've made great friends here, and the environment is like that of a big family, so it doesn't lose its appeal. There's always something interesting here.

I'm here and I'm here to stay. In my opinion, DI is very much alive and vibrant as ever.

Quote:
Hey Ladies what Worked for You
Too Much GT
Deadly Groove must be Banned
LOL yeah...I remember those threads from a long time ago.

http://www.oceana.org/sharks/home/
http://www.savingsharks.com
http://www.whitesharktrust.org
http://www.projectaware.org/americas/english/pts10tycd.asp

Next Aquasound project: AC 17

Last edited by N-shark : Nov 13th, 2007 at 10:07 PM.
N-shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Nov 13th, 2007, 10:06 PM   #12 (permalink)
DI Extreme Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by N-shark
Hi, my fellow Floridian.

I guess I see what you mean by there not being much activity. Half the people on my buddy list aren't posting anymore, and most disappeared between now and the time I joined. There really isn't anything anyone can do to bring back posters; they just have to decide whether or not they want to come back. People come and go, and that's the way of life. Same goes for new users; it's their choice whether or not they want to join. However, I also encourage guests to join, because this is a wonderful community, and the music is awesome.

Personally, I plan to stay here as long as possible, because I love y'all very much. I haven't lost any interest in DI. On the contrary; each day holds something new for me. Trance isn't the only genre I listen to; I also listen to Eurodance, Hardcore, Progressive, Chillout (recently discovered it), Synthpop, House, and even DnB (I listen and post on that channel a lot). I've made great friends here, and the environment is like that of a big family, so it doesn't lose its appeal.

I'm here and I'm here to stay. In my opinion, DI is very much alive and vibrant as ever.
I dunno. To me its not like "back in the day." To me, alive means, there is a decent amount of topics and more than 5-10 members on at a time.

By the way, where in Flordia do you live? I live in Bradenton.
Unread Nov 13th, 2007, 10:09 PM   #13 (permalink)
DI Extreme Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by fugue
I honestly haven't noticed any kind of a decline since the great exodus when the current events forum was closed at the beginning of 2004. THAT was when the forums really suffered. Right now, we're doing about the same as we always have since then, from my point of view.
Ahh, that was a fun little stroll.
It's almost hard to believe it's been that long since CE-P was closed.
About this time next year we could look back on the election topics posted then and compare to this round of picks! heh
Mr. Pink is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Nov 13th, 2007, 10:11 PM   #14 (permalink)
DI Extreme Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Pink
About this time next year we could look back on the election topics posted then and compare to this round of picks! heh
And hopefully learn from past mistakes!
Unread Nov 13th, 2007, 10:12 PM   #15 (permalink)
DI Chronic Addict

Quote:
I dunno. To me its not like "back in the day." To me, alive means, there is a decent amount of topics and more than 5-10 members on at a time.

By the way, where in Flordia do you live? I live in Bradenton.
One factor may be the time of day when you're posting; people post at different times.

I live in Tampa, and I was livinig in the Dunedin/Palm Harbor area when I got here.

Unread Nov 13th, 2007, 10:17 PM   #16 (permalink)
DI Extreme Addict

Quote:
One factor may be the time of day when you're posting; people post at different times.

I live in Tampa, and I was livinig in the Dunedin/Palm Harbor area when I got here.
I am going up to Downtown Tampa to go skateboarding this Saturday. I wonder if we will cross paths. If you see a kid with a brown backpack and a spray painted bored, thats me. :P
Unread Nov 13th, 2007, 10:23 PM   #17 (permalink)
DI Chronic Addict

Quote:
I am going up to Downtown Tampa to go skateboarding this Saturday. I wonder if we will cross paths. If you see a kid with a brown backpack and a spray painted bored, thats me. :P
...and if someone comes up to you and asks you if you're Acoustiks, that's probably me.

We might just cross paths. I'll have to check if I'm gonna go downtown on that day.

Unread Nov 13th, 2007, 10:25 PM   #18 (permalink)
DI Extreme Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by fugue
And hopefully learn from past mistakes!
bah - that's just nonsense! lol
Mr. Pink is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Nov 13th, 2007, 10:28 PM   #19 (permalink)
DI Extreme Addict

Quote:
...and if someone comes up to you and asks you if you're Acoustiks, that's probably me.

We might just cross paths. I'll have to check if I'm gonna go downtown on that day.
I will be skating till around 7, I am gonna be around there at 12-1 o clock. I will probably be at places like subway, the convention center, and this bank with a big 10 stair. If you see a person holding a camera, it is moslikely me.
Unread Nov 13th, 2007, 10:30 PM   #20 (permalink)
DI Chronic Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Pink
I honestly don't remember that forum. Guess I never really paid much attention to it.

Quote:
I will be skating till around 7, I am gonna be around there at 12-1 o clock. I will probably be at places like subway, the convention center, and this bank with a big 10 stair. If you see a person holding a camera, it is moslikely me.
Noon, huh? All right...if I'm in the area, I'll keep an eye out for you.

Last edited by N-shark : Nov 13th, 2007 at 10:32 PM.