Digitally Imported Homepage

Go Back   Digitally Imported Forums > Daily Life > The Chill Room
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread Dec 12th, 2007, 09:44 AM   #1 (permalink)
Junior Addict

Send a message via MSN to Atari26003
Default We Killed Off Spirit!!!!

i say my title and i stick by it! remember when you guys was smaller, maybe going door to door for halloween treats, opening your SPECIAL gift on christmas day and it meant the world ( for me 2 years ago lol). it seems like there is no spirit in holidays anymore though, we get whatever we want and thanks to society it seems to be all GETTING IT NOW NOW NOW NOW
no patience from most people. I know i get like that myself sometimes.
But i mean, looking through the boxes in basement from old time christmas like when i was 5 or 6. I had little calendars with presents for each of the days until christmas. I notice this year its december 12, and all that matters is getting gifts, i relized that taking few minutes aside to think about it all. sort of sad in a way that we went from the meaning of christmas which was spending time with people, then it went to meaningful gifts, now its junk from a buck or two or china that will last us probably a weeks worth of entertainment before we throw it away or never see it again. I wonder if there is some way to make it uncommercial, to bring back good memories.
Atari26003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Dec 12th, 2007, 10:03 AM   #2 (permalink)
DI Extreme Addict

I haven't felt Christmas/New Years spirit since i came to the US. Everything around Christmas here is about Jesus and all the Christian radio shows surface everywhere and I'm honestly sick and tired of 'God loves you this Christmas'. The best Christmas times i have ever had is back in Russia. You get nothing but a couple of candy bars every single year because your parents are too broke to buy anything else lol. But it wasn't about gifts. It was about people and how they celebrate it. On the New Years everyone's out getting wasted somewhere, there is fireworks everywhere. Here everyone's so stressed out and so ready for that week off for holidays. In fact, they're not just stressed out, they're also broke because they wasted hundreds on gifts. Then they get together with the rest of the family that they cannot stand and spend their pathetic little Christmas & New Years choking on turkey. And speaking of New Years... shit i don't even want to go there. I just find it funny that once it hits 12 o'clock, crowds of thousands of people on times square disappear in minutes. Wtf kind of celebration is that.
- I float away...
- You are my guide, You are my light, You take me to a place where i can shine

Last edited by DJ_Serg : Dec 12th, 2007 at 10:07 AM.
DJ_Serg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Dec 13th, 2007, 03:43 AM   #3 (permalink)
DI Critical Mass

Send a message via MSN to PhineasFreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_Serg View Post
I haven't felt Christmas/New Years spirit since i came to the US. Everything around Christmas here is about Jesus and all the Christian radio shows surface everywhere and I'm honestly sick and tired of 'God loves you this Christmas'.
pssst.. hey, dude - Christmas is suppposed to be about Jesus Christ.

New Psy-Dub remix!
http://www.ubetoo.com/psytrance/46349
PhineasFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Dec 13th, 2007, 04:53 AM   #4 (permalink)
DI Critical Mass

Send a message via ICQ to misan Send a message via AIM to misan Send a message via MSN to misan Send a message via Yahoo to misan Send a message via Skype™ to misan
Talking

Quote:
I haven't felt Christmas/New Years spirit since i came to the US. Everything around Christmas here is about Jesus and all the Christian radio shows surface everywhere and I'm honestly sick and tired of 'God loves you this Christmas'.
u r just too funny sometimes.

Quote:
The best Christmas times i have ever had is back in Russia. You get nothing but a couple of candy bars every single year because your parents are too broke to buy anything else lol. But it wasn't about gifts. It was about people and how they celebrate it. On the New Years everyone's out getting wasted somewhere, there is fireworks everywhere. Here everyone's so stressed out and so ready for that week off for holidays. In fact, they're not just stressed out, they're also broke because they wasted hundreds on gifts.
point well taken !

Quote:
Then they get together with the rest of the family that they cannot stand and spend their pathetic little Christmas & New Years choking on turkey.

Quote:
And speaking of New Years... shit i don't even want to go there. I just find it funny that once it hits 12 o'clock, crowds of thousands of people on times square disappear in minutes. Wtf kind of celebration is that.

ok, that's it !!
misan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Dec 13th, 2007, 06:42 AM   #5 (permalink)
Cooking Up A Mix
Forum Staff

Quote:
I haven't felt Christmas/New Years spirit since i came to the US. Everything around Christmas here is about Jesus and all the Christian radio shows surface everywhere and I'm honestly sick and tired of 'God loves you this Christmas'. The best Christmas times i have ever had is back in Russia. You get nothing but a couple of candy bars every single year because your parents are too broke to buy anything else lol. But it wasn't about gifts. It was about people and how they celebrate it. On the New Years everyone's out getting wasted somewhere, there is fireworks everywhere. Here everyone's so stressed out and so ready for that week off for holidays. In fact, they're not just stressed out, they're also broke because they wasted hundreds on gifts. Then they get together with the rest of the family that they cannot stand and spend their pathetic little Christmas & New Years choking on turkey. And speaking of New Years... shit i don't even want to go there. I just find it funny that once it hits 12 o'clock, crowds of thousands of people on times square disappear in minutes. Wtf kind of celebration is that.

LMAO... i know what you mean with the NY celebrations, i had the same feeling moving here, i could not believe it the first year when they said the party runs till 1am , ...we used to start at 8pm and go on till 6-7am...

I Use Multi-Million Dollar Satellites to Find Tupperware in the Woods :D
all my sets at my ever W.I.P. website --> http://www.t4e.nu/
trance4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Dec 13th, 2007, 07:15 AM   #6 (permalink)
DI Critical Mass

Send a message via ICQ to misan Send a message via AIM to misan Send a message via MSN to misan Send a message via Yahoo to misan Send a message via Skype™ to misan
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by trance4ever View Post
LMAO... i know what you mean with the NY celebrations, i had the same feeling moving here, i could not believe it the first year when they said the party runs till 1am , ...we used to start at 8pm and go on till 6-7am...
oh ! really ?

misan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Dec 13th, 2007, 07:19 AM   #7 (permalink)
DI Critical Mass

Send a message via MSN to trace of trance

Quote:
Originally Posted by misan View Post
oh ! really ?

yes! really
Unread Dec 13th, 2007, 07:29 AM   #8 (permalink)
Cooking Up A Mix
Forum Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by misan View Post
oh ! really ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by trace of trance View Post
yes! really

not really

Unread Dec 13th, 2007, 07:47 AM   #9 (permalink)
DI Chronic Addict

Quote:

yeah some clubs here dont last till 6 or 7 am, i hate when its the end of the night and i still wanna stay up and drink!
thats why im looking forward to montreal! pretty much all the clubs go until 8 am! WOOHOO i betcha my boyfriend wont be able to handle itlol

..Can we dance like everythings alright.. can we trade the day into the night..
Jilly_baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Dec 13th, 2007, 08:29 AM   #10 (permalink)
Cooking Up A Mix
Forum Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jilly_baby View Post
yeah some clubs here dont last till 6 or 7 am, i hate when its the end of the night and i still wanna stay up and drink!
thats why im looking forward to montreal! pretty much all the clubs go until 8 am! WOOHOO i betcha my boyfriend wont be able to handle itlol

clubs go till 7-8 am in Toronto...its the New Year's Celebrations in a restaurant etc...not a club

Unread Dec 13th, 2007, 09:09 AM   #11 (permalink)
DI Chronic Addict

Quote:
clubs go till 7-8 am in Toronto...its the New Year's Celebrations in a restaurant etc...not a club

ohhhh REALLY? i didnt know that. well i havent been to toronto yet to party i was actually ganna do that this new years. but decided to go big or go home. hopefully hit up new york next year just to say i did it.

..Can we dance like everythings alright.. can we trade the day into the night..
Jilly_baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Dec 20th, 2007, 04:30 PM   #12 (permalink)
DI Addict, Sonic Fanatic

Quote:
I know what you mean. I see lots of yard signs this year that say "keep christ in christmas" total udder bullshit. To stay away from the commercial crap and the christian stuff, all I can say is celebrate winter solstice which is the original winter holiday celebrated by pagans long before christmas was even thought of.
Trance88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Dec 20th, 2007, 04:42 PM   #13 (permalink)
Cruising at 120BPM

Send a message via AIM to HudsonHawk Send a message via MSN to HudsonHawk

bro thats cause you're in the jesus h christ land down there. And we all getting older. thats all
Unread Dec 20th, 2007, 04:47 PM   #14 (permalink)
Eyes for the Profane

Send a message via AIM to translucent

Wow, this thread is depressing and kind of cynical.

Christmas is what you make it. If you're part of the commercial movement, then sure, that's what it's going to be for ya!

If you believe in family getting together, and sharing the spirit of joy and love with eachother, than that's what Christmas can be for you (for me!).

Merry Christmas to all you guys and girls here at DI Hope everyone enjoys themselves this holiday!

-trans

I believe that any man without principles that he is ready and willing to die for at any given moment is already dead and is of no use or consequence whatsoever.
William Cooper
translucent is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Dec 20th, 2007, 09:34 PM   #15 (permalink)
DI Extreme Addict

Yes indeed. Merry Christmas, sexies.
- I float away...
- You are my guide, You are my light, You take me to a place where i can shine
DJ_Serg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Dec 20th, 2007, 11:34 PM   #16 (permalink)
DI Extreme Addict

Send a message via AIM to its-exit

I'm too broke to buy gifts. So it's definetly not about gifts this year for me... lol

matter of fact... what im really looking forward to is getting together with family and close friends and having a big dinner/bbq/etc.

Thats my favorite thing about christmas..... the presents are just a bonus....

which by the way....

Merry Xmas to all of you (even if im a little early)
Unread Dec 20th, 2007, 11:42 PM   #17 (permalink)
Protector of Puppies
Forum Staff

Smile Merry Christmas to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by its-exit View Post
Merry Xmas to all of you (even if im a little early)

Merry Christmas to you too its-exit.

You can write out the word. Don't let the non-believers stop you.

Christmas is about love with family and friends not gifts.
Tinkerbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Dec 20th, 2007, 11:51 PM   #18 (permalink)
DI Chronic Addict

Send a message via Yahoo to Dead Eggs

Quote:
must be your relatives b/c i generally experience a pleasant relaxing holidays that may/may not include drinking with fireworks being optional and eating plenty of great food..
Unread Dec 21st, 2007, 12:06 AM   #19 (permalink)
DI Extreme Addict

Send a message via AIM to its-exit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbell MO View Post

Merry Christmas to you too its-exit.

You can write out the word. Don't let the non-believers stop you.

Christmas is about love with family and friends not gifts.
im just lazy and didnt feel like writing it out lol
Unread Dec 21st, 2007, 12:08 AM   #20 (permalink)
Daydreaming Globetrotter

Talking *room enough for everyone*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trance88 View Post
I know what you mean. I see lots of yard signs this year that say "keep christ in christmas" total udder bullshit. To stay away from the commercial crap and the christian stuff, all I can say is celebrate winter solstice which is the original winter holiday celebrated by pagans long before christmas was even thought of.

Forget X-mas, celebrate the original winter holiday WINTER SOLSTICE on December 22nd. Make the switch this year!
Celebrating the Winter Solstice is a fantabulous idea, one that I am participating in for the first time this year. For us up here in the frozen Northern tundra, the Solstice occurs tonight, December 21st, so I can now say:

Happy Winter Solstice lovies!!

I am attending a chanting, drumming, dancing, and ritual gathering tonight to celebrate the arrival of winter. We're focusing on 'turning inward', as this is the season, letting go, reconnecting with our heart center, restoration, and renewal. I am really looking forward to it! As my teacher says, tonight "we're going pagan"

Now! Although Christmas is taken from the pagan Yule, that doesn't mean we should abandon the newer holiday. (plus its not either/or: I, among many, am celebrating both). This is a big time for the Christians; not as big as Easter (also taken from pagan tradition), but pretty big nonetheless. They want Christ in their Christmas and they should have it! Those of us who don't follow that religion can still participate in the other Christmas-related joys of the season: time spent with family & friends, giving & receiving, time for rest and reflection, good music, good food, good wine, etc. Everyone can find something to celebrate this time of year!

music is my 1st love ~ edm 4 life

All aboard travelling into a trancetastic future -d_o & I

Keep the peace flowing, the love growing, the unity going

Let the music take control of your body and your soul

Last edited by travelyogatrance : Dec 21st, 2007 at 12:16 AM.
travelyogatrance is offline   Reply With Quote