Digitally Imported Homepage

Go Back   Digitally Imported Forums > General Discussion > The DJ Booth
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread Oct 31st, 2008, 09:44 PM   #1 (permalink)
Junior Addict

Default 200 Vs 400

Hey Folks,

Got my eyes set on a set of Pioneer CDJ 400's but I'm not too sure whether to go for these or the 200's which are $250 cheaper. Both packages that I'm looing at come with the DJM400 Mixer and I'm curious as to whether the 400's are worth the extra bucks.

Thanks.
State of Trance is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Oct 31st, 2008, 10:48 PM   #2 (permalink)
Senior Forum Addict

Send a message via MSN to DJ Ashley M

Whether or not either is worth there asking prices is another question but the 400s are a better unit.

If you only want to mix / beatmix the 200s will be ideal but you will soon out grow these & maybe want to get something else after a while any how, why not spend the extra now instead of spending twice (with another purchase later on).

In my point of view the 400s own the 800s & are better value than the 1000s.
They are virtually CDJ 800s with extras built into a smaller package. The only thing the 800 has in comparison is larger unit & jog wheel with slight jog wheel feel adjustments available.

The CDJ - 1000 has the waveform (which I don't find useful when I count measures & use headphones when cuing). Both the 400 & 800 do not. So the 400 is a real value unit. It also has the reverse play direction.

This value compared to the 800 / 1000 is why I purchased a pair of 400s.

My only gripe with all Pioneer players is that they don't quite seem to be as tough (tuff) as Denon players equivalent players are which isn't a prob;em if you take care of it.

" Never a leader or follower be ''

subscribe to my mix blog by RSS feed:

http://ashley-m.podomatic.com/
DJ Ashley M is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Nov 1st, 2008, 07:15 AM   #3 (permalink)
Junior Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Ashley M View Post
Whether or not either is worth there asking prices is another question but the 400s are a better unit.

If you only want to mix / beatmix the 200s will be ideal but you will soon out grow these & maybe want to get something else after a while any how, why not spend the extra now instead of spending twice (with another purchase later on).

In my point of view the 400s own the 800s & are better value than the 1000s.
They are virtually CDJ 800s with extras built into a smaller package. The only thing the 800 has in comparison is larger unit & jog wheel with slight jog wheel feel adjustments available.

The CDJ - 1000 has the waveform (which I don't find useful when I count measures & use headphones when cuing). Both the 400 & 800 do not. So the 400 is a real value unit. It also has the reverse play direction.

This value compared to the 800 / 1000 is why I purchased a pair of 400s.

My only gripe with all Pioneer players is that they don't quite seem to be as tough (tuff) as Denon players equivalent players are which isn't a prob;em if you take care of it.
Thanks for the reply.

It didn't take too much convincing on this after hearing many opinions similar to yours. I just want a quality player and I can see that the 400 will cater for all my needs (if I bought one of the higher models, I will have no use for some of the features and may regret my decision and like you said, I may outgrow the 200's) .I had a little demo of all models of the pioneers today at my local shop today and was offered the 400's over the 200's for only another $150 (instead of $250) after I typed that message, so that sealed my decision.

Thanks Again.

Last edited by State of Trance : Nov 1st, 2008 at 07:19 AM.
State of Trance is offline   Reply With Quote