|Feb 16th, 2006 until Dec 30th, 2029|
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: New York
Forums Rules (updated May 2, 2006)
General Forum Rules
Before creating a new thread, use SEARCH first (see screen shot below) to see if your topic has been discussed before. It is considered good manners if you do so by the community.
* PIRACY AND LINKING TO PIRATED MATERIAL IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED, YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE FROZEN IF YOU DO SO.
* Do not discuss recording of the streams or mp3 filesharing - Digitally Imported (www.di.fm) is a fully licensed radio station and, as such, is required to discourage ripping and filesharing.
* References that support or promote illegal activities are not acceptable on this forum.
* Although this is a multi-national community, you should make your posts in English
* Posting of pornographic material isn't welcome here (besides we've seen it already).
* Consider an appropriate forum before posting your question -- look at the forum descriptions on the main forum page first.
* Post your question/comment only once! Don't cross-post to multiple forums!
* No foul language, insults, personal attacks or otherwise rude messages. Be civil and respectful of each other. Harassment is not tolerated.
* Describe your thread subject specifically, as this helps those who are willing to answer you. 'Disconnecting from mp3 stream', is much better than something completely generic, such as 'Newbie needs help!'. Not only is it more likely to elicit a response, but it'll also make it much easier for all posts in the thread to be subsequently located.
* Don't reply with an off-topic comment or question -- instead start a new thread.
* NO ALL CAPS MESSAGES (turn the caps lock off before you type anything).
* Don't post your email address to the forums! Spam bots love uneducated forum users who post their email addresses to public sites and grab those addresses; you will soon discover the wonders of male enlargement kits and other really useful products posted daily to your inbox.
* Repeated posts to increase total number of posts is not allowed. Especially if your message is the last in the thread, edit it rather than post a new message.
* If you see a post that violates any of these rules, please report it to our moderators using the "Report Bad Post" link. Do not play the role of a moderator if you are not one. There is no need to nitpick on the posts of new users. Let the moderators do their work.
Advertising and Scams
* Advertising via forum messages is strictly prohibited. If you want to advertise your products on our site please see our Advertising Page and we will negotiate an advertising contract with you or your company.
* Spamming other radio stations - A big NO-NO
* Linking to pyramid schemes and other forms of "free
* Providing affiliate tagged links to products or services is not allowed.
Signatures & Avatars
* These rules exist to make viewing the forum as pleasant as possible to all users. Even though you might think large signatures with images look cool, some might find them extremely annoying.
* Text-only signatures are permitted - with a maximum of 5 lines of text. Do not use offensive avatar images, such as hate or tasteless violence related images. As with anything on the forums, the moderators reserve the right to change these without notice.
* If you use an animated avatar, it should not be too distractive. Eg: blinking images or images with quick movement are not welcome. The above mentioned rules for forum posts apply also to the signatures and avatars.
Messages that break any of the rules above can be removed or edited by the moderators and administrators of these forums. Even if something isn't specifically mentioned in the rules, it doesn't mean that it is permitted. It is at the discretion to the moderators and administrators to determine what is appropriate and what is not.
Users who willfully violate the forum rules will be banned by the moderators and administrators. Permanently.
Posts are considered the opinion of the poster, and are not necessarily endorsed or approved by DI. When posting on DI, you grant perpetual non-exclusive rights to DI to republish, in any form, the posted material.
These forum rules are not meant as a comprehensive legal document, but are a guideline for acceptable conduct. It is not a substitute for common sense or respect for others - should you lack either of these, your account will be subject to termination.
- "being poor is a state of mind"