Digitally Imported Homepage

Go Back   Digitally Imported Forums > General Discussion > World of Music
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread Sep 3rd, 2010, 10:00 AM   #21 (permalink)
Chillin with Buddah
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustwave View Post
I think you're completely wrong. I don't believe that has ever happened at all.

It's not the word that matters, it's the meaning behind it, and the underlying problems that went before it. Sure, one word can be very powerful and even set a suicide or other crap in motion, but the word itself is not the reason. It's the meaning of the word that matters.

But the meaning of a word depends entirely on it's context. A word by itself does not have a meaning, it carries a meaning. More accurately, a word can carry various completely different meanings, opposites even, depending entirely on context. Words are meaningless without context.

For example: If i tell my girlfriend i want to f*ck her, she doesn't get angry. She understands that i want to have sex with her, not offend her. It's not the word that matters, it's the meaning
The whole post was friendly sarcasm Dustwave. It was funny and ironic at the same time to say that words have kill people just like how people like to say that religion has started wars and people have killed other people in the name of God which you and I know isn't true at all. It's people's misconception of what is written in the bible and their own ignorance that has caused these brutal events throughout time. I know that it's all about the intention behind the word that determines the reaction behind it. Just like the word "f*ck". The word by itself is harmless but if I say to someone, "I will f*ck you up", then more than likely that person will get pissed off and then we have a confrontational situation. If I say, "you f*ckin rock" then we have a peaceful situation.
Unread Sep 5th, 2010, 09:35 PM   #22 (permalink)
DI Extreme Addict

Send a message via MSN to Zacman Send a message via Yahoo to Zacman Send a message via Skype™ to Zacman

1. Sean Kingston-are you American or Jamaican? plz make up your mind and talk accordingly
2. Ke$ha - no thanks. The drunk/high chick image ain't working
3. Kanye West - loser
4. Lil' Wayne - gimme a break
5. Peter Ram - he's a local artist that is over-rated and has absolutely no originality

Charles H. Duell, U.S. office of patents,1899
Zacman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Sep 6th, 2010, 08:33 AM   #23 (permalink)
DI Chronic Addict

Unhappy

^ Yeah, Ke$ha is ****ing annoying! As are the 3OH!3

http://www.mixcloud.com/FiNCoRe/

**2013 Free for All Mix competion in full effect now, votes are due April 4th. DI Community Competition forum, take a listen!**
Fincore is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Sep 8th, 2010, 12:49 PM   #24 (permalink)
DI Chronic Addict

Send a message via MSN to Xyz_39808 Send a message via Skype™ to Xyz_39808

Quote:
Originally Posted by HudsonHawk View Post
Tiesto is f1re!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QjeJzCHmBc

OMG Filterz!!!
Never heard of Erdbeerschnitzel.

Missed our tag team set "Parting Tributes" but still wanna hear?
Find it here! http://soundcloud.com/ridleyxyz/
Xyz_39808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Sep 8th, 2010, 11:22 PM   #25 (permalink)
Junior Addict

Send a message via AIM to Espeed

Justin Bieber IS HORRIBLE MAKE IT STOP.
Espeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Sep 9th, 2010, 01:27 AM   #26 (permalink)
DI Extreme Addict

Send a message via MSN to J!SH! Send a message via Skype™ to J!SH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by supfoo View Post
I like Tiesto's music, but dislike his extreme cockiness. Same goes for Deadmau5
deadmau5 isnt cocky at all. theres a post on his blog he posted not long ago saying that hes always scared and feels pressured into making the music. hes always had it as a hobby until chris lake discovered him. hes just an outgoing fun guy. and he was BEFORE the fame. hes not cocky at all, he is just energetic

if you want to track me down outside of DI search jishua9
J!SH! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Sep 9th, 2010, 01:38 AM   #27 (permalink)
DI Critical Mass

Send a message via MSN to PhineasFreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by J!SH! View Post
deadmau5 isnt cocky at all. theres a post on his blog he posted not long ago saying that hes always scared and feels pressured into making the music. hes always had it as a hobby until chris lake discovered him. hes just an outgoing fun guy. and he was BEFORE the fame. hes not cocky at all, he is just energetic
Google translate:

J!sh! 'English' to English translation

"i'm gay for deadmau5."

New Psy-Dub remix!
http://www.ubetoo.com/psytrance/46349
PhineasFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Sep 9th, 2010, 02:09 AM   #28 (permalink)
DI Extreme Addict

Send a message via MSN to J!SH! Send a message via Skype™ to J!SH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhineasFreak View Post
Google translate:

J!sh! 'English' to English translation

"i'm gay for deadmau5."
he makes great progressive stuff! his electro isnt the best, but his prog is to die for.
pass my number on to him?

if you want to track me down outside of DI search jishua9
J!SH! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Sep 9th, 2010, 04:12 AM   #29 (permalink)
Regular Forum Addict

I personally don't have a preference for Lady Gaga. Shit is for drag queens that adore her. Some of the commercialized rap/hip-hop(teach me how to dougie, WTF? r u serious?) i really don't care at all. Kaskade and deadmau5 are ok, like some of their older stuff. Productions are great, but live there not as much.
becerrathebest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Mar 13th, 2011, 05:27 PM   #30 (permalink)
Senior Forum Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Stev View Post
lol i think its funny how u spew hate towards these ppl about their crappy music but ur avatar is a tiesto poster......irony???

listen man we all have music we hate but theres no need to start hate threads about it. just enjoy the music u like thats it. what does it matter if other ppl make crappy music?? as long as ur favorites continue to make music u like

the world doesnt need anymore hate brother
Instead of calling the thread "top 5 artists/groups you hate hate hate!!!"
how about calling the thread "top 5 artists/groups you love the least"

All the mixes that I have upload can be found here:
http://mixcitement.blogspot.com
L0rd0fDarkne55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Mar 13th, 2011, 06:03 PM   #31 (permalink)
Junior Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveForteRio View Post
The title says it all, There is probably a topic based on this but we can go beyond the music realm, i'll start......

1. hip-hop, r&b, and rap- i cant stand this music its all the same all the time money bitches sex drugs drinking its pathetic and yet ppl still like this kind of music its ridiculous. Any1 can make a record deal now days with this genre this is how low its gotten.

2. Lady Gaga-not even gonna start with her lol

3. Justin Bieber- perfect example of how any1 can get a record deal these days

4. Guetta
I cant even find the words to explain how bad these 2 guys are i HATE them they're music is S***!
5.Kaskade
agreed.
OrangeTicTac is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Mar 14th, 2011, 10:40 AM   #32 (permalink)
DI Extreme Addict

After all the rant the basic thing is that you all hate mainstream pop artists.. point taken, okay. But your whole point on hip-hop and RnB is shitty. Quite frankly Rhythm and Blues has been around ages.. so all those decades it's been horrible huh? And people can do songs about money.. just leave it to them. No need to get super annoyed about it, all that hate gets you nowhere. And Hip-hop too, actually both genres in their timespawn have created many masterpieces and hip hop is originally a form of politician music. It's just natural the genre has it's rotten apples. Just regarding those genres by the state of the sh*t on mainstream radios is stupid. It's like judging Trance on DJ Sammy or the other "trance" artists.

Get your facts right. Even gangsta rap has some nice albums from the 90s. Wu Tang Clan or something like that. Little bit PLUR would do you some good. And that hate towards Guetta, Deadmau5 and others is some justified and some not so justified. Guetta just found money hole.. he's spinned records hella long actually so it's natural he wanted some money. I understand but I don't like it, but at least I don't create hate thread here.

Last edited by Zuhox : Mar 14th, 2011 at 10:48 AM.
Zuhox is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Mar 20th, 2011, 03:22 PM   #33 (permalink)
Junior Addict

I cannot stand Lady Gaga either, at first when she came out I really liked her songs and all but then they just started playing her over and over and over again it was insane, one song I heard at least every 10 mins! tv/radio/ everywhere O_O
It was soo annoying, she is so overplayed it's annoying as heck..don't like her anymore. She's also a freak..the way she dresses and represents herself..like WTF?!
seriously..is this how you want people to see you ...years from now.? I just don't understand her crazy mind.. but think she should stop all this crazy madness, and just be a normal, intelligent person..which I'm sure she is, by her music..
Also, one more thing when she went to meet with that little girl(the one with the talent or whatever) ..did you guys see the way she was dressed? she was nearly naked! and in front of a little girl!?
If that was my child I would not let her anywhere near Lady Gaga..like come on. at least dress yourself approprietely in front of kids..
seriously she should just walk naked in public from now on..
Ania21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Apr 4th, 2011, 05:45 PM   #34 (permalink)
DI Extreme Addict

Send a message via AIM to ChEeZeBaLL

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveForteRio View Post
The title says it all, There is probably a topic based on this but we can go beyond the music realm, i'll start......

1. hip-hop, r&b, and rap- i cant stand this music its all the same all the time money bitches sex drugs drinking its pathetic and yet ppl still like this kind of music its ridiculous. Any1 can make a record deal now days with this genre this is how low its gotten.

The title of your thread asks for artists and groups, and the first thing you listed was two entire genres of music; I just find that amusing

As for modern hip hop music, I agree with you; it is complete and utter trash.

However, I am a big fan of early 90's hip hop. I loves me some De La Soul and A Tribe Called Quest.
Unread Apr 4th, 2011, 09:21 PM   #35 (permalink)
DI Chronic Addict

Send a message via Yahoo to GodsDancer
Cool That Word......

People cannot imagine how low that word is. I dislike some EDM(DubStep),pop,hip-hop,etc. But I will tell you one thing........I saw Guetta at a private show and out of the 5oo people there.....498 were dancing all night. Give some credit where it is due. There are a lot of sites about the haters of dance music. GO find one. EDM.....RULES ps........it IS about dancing isn't it or about the flavor of the moment???? Just wondering
Unread Apr 4th, 2011, 09:25 PM   #36 (permalink)
DI Chronic Addict

Send a message via Yahoo to GodsDancer
Cool As A Sidenote......

There is no place for Hate Threads here....or should I just be tolerant and go with it
Unread Apr 7th, 2011, 07:49 PM   #37 (permalink)
Junior Addict

Yeah, what is this thread - 4chan?
Kavz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Apr 9th, 2011, 03:41 PM   #38 (permalink)
Chillin with Buddah
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuhox View Post
After all the rant the basic thing is that you all hate mainstream pop artists.. point taken, okay. But your whole point on hip-hop and RnB is shitty. Quite frankly Rhythm and Blues has been around ages.. so all those decades it's been horrible huh? And people can do songs about money.. just leave it to them. No need to get super annoyed about it, all that hate gets you nowhere. And Hip-hop too, actually both genres in their timespawn have created many masterpieces and hip hop is originally a form of politician music. It's just natural the genre has it's rotten apples. Just regarding those genres by the state of the sh*t on mainstream radios is stupid. It's like judging Trance on DJ Sammy or the other "trance" artists.

Get your facts right. Even gangsta rap has some nice albums from the 90s. Wu Tang Clan or something like that. Little bit PLUR would do you some good. And that hate towards Guetta, Deadmau5 and others is some justified and some not so justified. Guetta just found money hole.. he's spinned records hella long actually so it's natural he wanted some money. I understand but I don't like it, but at least I don't create hate thread here.
+1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChEeZeBaLL View Post
As for modern hip hop music, I agree with you; it is complete and utter trash.

However, I am a big fan of early 90's hip hop. I loves me some De La Soul and A Tribe Called Quest.
Amen bro, 2 legendary hip hop groups. Tribe and De La was so much fun in the late 80s and early 90s. Today's stuff is a major letdown although in the underground hip hop world, there is some really cool stuff being made.
Unread Apr 11th, 2011, 08:04 PM   #39 (permalink)
Junior Addict

why so much hate yo
Unread Apr 16th, 2011, 01:13 AM   #40 (permalink)
Qualified Forum Addict

There's no great reason to hate, but there's also no reason to become politically correct. Certain words are used to express the extent of individual or collective emotion, like "hate" or "love" and because of it, are important language symbols. Without the use of these words, we might never completely understand the perspectives of those around us. You could question the merits of faithfully dramatising extreme dislike, but you could just as easily argue the merits of free speech. Naturally, most individuals are in a position to express either an attraction or aversion to cultural objects. Like most worldviews, the matter is subject to interpretation. Besides, the word, "hate" is much shorter than the sentence, "I hold a rather passionate and emotionally-charged dislike of..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ania21 View Post
She's also a freak..the way she dresses and represents herself..like WTF?!
seriously..is this how you want people to see you ...years from now.? I just don't understand her crazy mind.. but think she should stop all this crazy madness, and just be a normal, intelligent person..which I'm sure she is, by her music..
Also, one more thing when she went to meet with that little girl(the one with the talent or whatever) ..did you guys see the way she was dressed? she was nearly naked! and in front of a little girl!?
If that was my child I would not let her anywhere near Lady Gaga..like come on. at least dress yourself approprietely in front of kids..
seriously she should just walk naked in public from now on..
I do have to agree with you there. Celebrities and musicians are always in a position to model behaviour. While their on-stage talent may speak for itself, they are just as responsible for their behaviour off-stage. Indeed, life at the end of a lense is likely to affect an individual in a number of different ways. Some may decide to project family values while others may decide to maintain feminist worldviews. Some may even decide to project individual sexuality, while others may decide to subscribe to the conservatist regime. However interpreted, the behaviour of celebrities and musicians must continue to parallel the values of target markets. Moreover, the consumer market most at risk is the youth market. They are continually bombarded with media images of lust, sexual expression, inward urges and outward desires. Certainly, there is always a time and place to express individuality, but should it really cost a young child their innocence? That is to say, should children have to be exposed to sexuality at the expense of personal freedom? Some of Lady Gaga's costumes, for example, are not only designed to project her own personal strength as a woman/musician/dancer/model, but are deliberately engineered to provoke sexual attention from men. Young women view these images as acceptable and young men are encouraged to expect women to project this sexual "freedom" much sooner. However, it is not to say young women don't make their own decisions. Instead, it goes some way to affecting the timing of these decisions. Here in New Zealand, a country of only 4.5 million people, some men and women are deciding to experience physical intimacy as early as age 11, while others are pushing to increase the national average for sexual partners past 20 per person, which for a small country, is a significant statistic

Nevertheless, those who hold "popular" power must always ensure they use it responsibly. You never know who's watching!